Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart 7 repair

Roloman
2: Seeker

My Vodafone Smart 7 has failed after just 2 months, the battery section has curved away from the screen. It's gone back for repair and they've come back saying it's customer damage. I've asked them to explain how I could bend the battery section without cracking the screen, needless toi say there's no comment. The guys in the shop said it's probably because the battery over heated whilst being charged, they didn't expect it to come back not repaired.

I need a second opinion, anyone know where I can get one?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure but the phone manufacturer may have been Zte. If so you could approach them. 

There will be independent engineers you could engage but I'm not sure of the costs. 

Did you get an engineers report with the phone ?

The guys in the shop with the greatest of respect won't probably be certified engineers so really shouldn't be forming an opinion. 

Perhaps take a look at > Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Roloman

Hi

Thanks for the idea, I'll follow it up.

I didn't get an engineers report and when I asked for one was told they don't issue them, which I found very frustrating. 

I'm really disappointed with Vodafone, to be able to just say 'it's customer damage' without any explaination or evidence is poor customer service at best.

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

I agree in that an engineers report can give the owner an informed decision on what next avenue to take. 

One would think to decline a manufacturer warranty repair they would need to support why that's the case in detail ?

If this was my situation I'd use the avenues in Vodafone Code of Practice so at least then I'd exhausted all the Networks avenues of redress before taking any further steps. 

Vodafone Code of Practice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.