Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wallet App

PhilipWS
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been using Vodafone Wallet for some time, without any problems.  I use it mainly for storing loyalty cards and accessing my Smart Pass.  Unfortunately I left my phone unlocked in my top shirt pocket and, as a result, the PIN got entered incorrectly a number of times and the app is locked.

I am trying to get it unlocked.  The message on the app tells me to use 191 but when I call (and I've called three times now) the staff have no idea how to reset the PIN.  The agent yesterday suggested that I use the forum to get an answer!

Any thoughts and ideas welcomed.  BTW, this is NOT a SmartPass issue and I do not need to reset the password for that component which continues to work fine.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue has now been resolved and level 2 support was able to get a password reset enabled.  Thanks to Sarah L and to Manuj Jha.

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @PhilipWS

Theres a section in this link about the pin. 

Link > How-do-I-use-Vodafone-Wallet.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks.  Unfortunately these only appear to address the issue of forgetting the password, not being locked out.  I am now unable to use the app at all but simply get a pop up telling me to call 191 becuase the Wallet is locked.  The exact message is "An incorrect PIN has been enetered too many times.  To reset your PIN call 191".  The problem is that the team on 191 have no idea how to reset the PIN....

Hello @PhilipWS

Are you still experiencing this issue with being locked out of the app?

Louise

Good morning Louise.  Yes I am.  I've tried three times to use 191 support to resolve this issue and their final advice was to use this forum!  Any help would be gratefully received please.

Many thanks, regards, Phil.

Hi @PhilipWS

I've sent you a private message with details on how we can get this looked into for you. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Hi I am having the same problem with my wallet can somebody tell me how to reset it as 191 are useless

My issue has now been escalated to level 2 support.  I will let you know how it progresses.

The issue has now been resolved and level 2 support was able to get a password reset enabled.  Thanks to Sarah L and to Manuj Jha.

Hi @kbcomms,

Are you still having this problem or has this now been resolved?

Thanks,

Meg-B