Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

atnas666
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
The thing is there is nothing say about having to use there peace of crap

BT's HomeHub 5 is a decent bit of kit as is Virgin Media's Superhub. Both dual band AC wireless with four gigabit ports, they should satisfy most home setups.  Sky on the other hand is single band wireless N with fast ethernet ports and judging from the posts here Vodafone's seems to be in a similar category.

Ironic really that those who require you to use their equipment also supply the worst equipment for you to use. 

Well, the Vodafone Connect is a Dual band AC wireless with four gigabit ports with MIMO and beamforming so I didn't think I'd need to use anything else, it jsut doesn't quite work as it should. Also, I know the Virgin kit has a good reputation and having had a HH5 there's a reason people try and get hold of the "Type B" model rather than the "Type A" model - and goodness knows how many firmware releases the HH5 has had in its lifetime - I'd like Vodafone to follow suit with regular firmware updates, bug fixes, performance and feature updates. 

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I have a type A HH5 and have never had a problem with it. The firmware hasn't been updated since July.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

There have been significant issues with the HH5, but my point was that there have been firmware updates to sort them out and I expect Vodafone to follow suit in fixing bugs on their router.

....and to respond to your first statment, it's not like Vodafone make it clear that you have to use their kit when you sign up - tbh it wasn't something I considered would be a thing... and yes, currently I'd like to be able to swap back to the HH5 but don't have that choice.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Please check out our statement regarding the upcoming update to our Broadband service. 

im haveing huge problems info is

System running for
50 minutes, 18 seconds
Software version
Vodafone Connect router ID
61901U0008069
Vodafone Connect router model name
Vodafone Connect
Vodafone Connect router hardware version

basicly wifi isolation wlan cant ro throught to lan and wifi droping in and out router is not updating let alone thay say it if fine i rang last week there was a new update did a hard reset still on out of box version can you look in to this and call me on [removed for security] thank you

That looks like the latest version of firmware - Same as is currently installed on my Vodafone Connect.

I had similar issues last week and found that a re-boot of the Vodafone Connect router solved the issues I had with connectivity.

When will the DHCP on/off option be added to the firmware, also I have a Fedora server and in the log on the vodafone router it keep showing that it has disconected the connected every 5-10 seconds, I would like to say that I'm not happy with the hardware and I would like to use my own please can you email me the setting I need to use for the boardband.

Regards

Matt

So here we are in March and no update to be seen...

Phoned customer services last week to be told the app doesn't work over the mobile network!! What's the point of it then?

The good news was they made a note to contact me soon as they are going to release the router passwords in the not too distant future. Not sure if it was (Removed for security) but fingers crossed.