Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

Lemaru
There was an XML file you could get to on the file which contained the autoconfig at broadband.co.uk username and the dslxxxxxxx one. Think you used to be able to export the settings and see it there, thought the latest update has changed the GUI as well as breaking a load of stuff so not sure how to get to it now

If you backup your Vodafone Connect router config, you can find the username.  e.g. grep dsl[0-9]*@broadband vodafone.xml

Can't find my password in there though

OK we're getting closer! I tried to find some kind of relationship between an account or order number with that dslxxxxxx@vodafone number; but can't.

I noticed there are lots of entries for autoconfig [at] broadband.vodafone.co.uk too - not sure if this initiation when plugging the router in after a factory reset can be sniffed for a password?

Any more info on what the password format is? And whether it looks completely random or matches the username / looks generic?

Lemaru
When I backup my settings now I get asked for a password and it exports a CCF file rather than xml

Can you open that file with Notepad++? It may still be in XML format.

I am on router firmware 5.4.8.1.160.13.77 and XML export is still working - what are you on?

jimborae
The password isnt in the XML file, I looked at that before Xmas and only found my username.

Lemaru
Nah, does show as plain text so must be encrypted.

I'm on 5.4.8.1.271.1.41

How did you get 5.4.8.1.271.1.41?

Does that allow disabling DHCP?

I wonder what would happen if you still tried to restore an old XML config backup.

In Notepad++ if you go to the Language menu item and choose XML, it will try and format it in XML, but it won't do it automatically because of the different file extension.

But I'm guessing you're right; it's probably encrypted.

I wish Vodafone would put as much effort into the features of the router; rather than keeping all the goings-on a secret.

Lemaru
Automatically upgraded to it. And yeah I can disable DHCP however since this update its less stable than it ever was. Needs a daily restart else I ant RDP onto my PC or connect to my Plex server or access any shared folders.

The interface has changed slightly to the old firmware too. They want to stop ##~## about with it and fix it or just take heed of the fact users don't want to be forced into using something that's flawed.

I guess they aim to please those that just surf the web from a tablet and do nothing else. Neglecting all their other customers, and turning away any potential customers

Yeah a lot of potential other customers. There's nothing wrong with them playing god with their own router; but let us that know how to plug things in to sort our own things out.

Maybe if we all called up at the same time of day asking for the password they will listen to us.