cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail notification icon not working (iPhone 7)

dha
4: Newbie

The voicemail notification icon isn't working on my iPhone 7. All that has changed is the handset. Was unaware of 10 days of voicemails until someone asked me about one. 

Now on text message notifications. Anyone else had this issue?

26 REPLIES 26

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@garethr We're aware that this issue is not affecting all customers, however as this is caused by Apple we're unable to give a timescale or advise on a fix as this will be down to them.

While Apple works towards a solution, we recommend using the text message alerts that are available when calling 121 and following the instructions to add this option.

garethr
12: Established
12: Established

@Tash wrote:

@garethr We're aware that this issue is not affecting all customers, however as this is caused by Apple we're unable to give a timescale or advise on a fix as this will be down to them.

While Apple works towards a solution, we recommend using the text message alerts that are available when calling 121 and following the instructions to add this option.

Okay, so I take some issue with you laying the full blame and burden to fix with Apple here.

Okay, so there has clearly been some kind of change on their end, but the compatibility issue is with some of your numbers/and/or voicemail servers.

I've not see or heard of this issue being reported with any other service providers - just Vodafone with some numbers, and I suspect all Vodafone numbers are on the same carrier settings version.

silverbmwz3
4: Newbie
I'm having the same issue - new iPhone 7 plus just before Christmas. 12 messages or so that I didn't know I had. I've set to text me for now but I hope Vodafone and apple are working to resolve.

It's not working on both Vodafone and Talkmobile (VF subsidiary).

Had to switch to text message notification on the phones. Even then, the text message notification doesn't seem very prompt.

diganjoe
3: Seeker
I have to say that this is rather poor service from both Apple and Vodafone. Didn't have this problem with the iPhone 5S when on EE network. Switched to Vodafone and iPhone 7 last month and have had a number of my customers complain that I never called back after them leaving me voicemails...doesn't look very professional!!!

I am currently using iOS 10.2.1 on iPhone 7 and still experiencing the same issue. Please can someone escalate and resolve.

i have same issue got iphone 7 sept 2016 since then no voicemail notification or slam notification for missed calls when phone off spent hrs on live talk all they say is they have reset voicemail and everything will be working in 2 hrs BUT ITS NOT if its not sorted soon hello EE with my 3 lines been with vodafone 7 years with no problems until now been on chat for hrs been to shop phoned them no one can fix 

Not sure why this issue is taking Vodafone so long to fix - it is clearly a Vodafone specific issue. The silence from Vodafone on this is deafening.

For example why is it only certain users who appear to be impacted? My wife's 7plus has consistently works fine, yet mine doesn't and never has.

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

It does seem to be affecting other networks too - link below from giffgaff site for info only:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/Voicemail-notification-not-working-on-iPhone-7/td-p/1...

just spoken to vodafone who have said there is a problem but its apple i agree with this because if i put my sim in any other phone but apple all problems are fixed guy at vodafone says the more people that complain to apple the quicker there will be a fix 

diganjoe
I've had my new Vodafone contract for less than 1 month, can I cancel and switch to another provider whose voicemail solution works?

Even with the recent huge penalty imposed on Vodafone for shoddy customer service, we, the consumer still find ourselves a victim of Vodafone believing their brand is king!

I have opted to enable text notifications but the little red dot continues to appear and disappear for no rhyme or reason.

One thing I have found though is that whilst this is a new mobile. I'm et to me, it has clearly been recycled from a previous user. I have received numerous calls and texts for a Mr. X since taking ownership of the new line / number back in mid January.

Anyone had similar experience to this?
Perhaps this could be a possible avenue to investigate.