Ask

Solution

Vr head set 2017

dixons999
3: Seeker

Hi had this conversation on my upgrade 

M:

The above plan is for S7 and not for S7 Edge. We have the same plan available for S7 Edge 32GB as well for £58 per month tariff and £10 upfront cost.

M:

Also, you will get Free Gear VR with the above deal.

I Deleted the staff full name to protect them

Phone arrived 21.3.2017 no headset so I rang and I go the respond when I I said it was not with my phone " oh I know what has happened go to the samsung web page or shop and put in the proof of purchase and it will come "

Went to the web page and the offer Ended october 2016

Just spent the last hour on the chat and got this 

N: No worries Stephen i can understand you cocnern
N:

So in this case i'll request you to please select a fresh order of VR in Vodafone website.

N:

And once the order is select please contact us and we will wave off this VR charges in your order

N:

After then you will received the Order Free of cost

Stephen: 
Ok can vodafone no just send me one out?

N:

Yes sure

N: But in this case you need to placed the order on vodafone sire
Nitesh:

site*

N: And after then please came over this chat and we're wave off this VR charges

This don't feel right

help pls 

51 REPLIES 51

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @dixons999

I agree the information sounds a little disjointed. 

In in regards to the Samsung Vr Offer I've seen the person has always needed to complete an online form to Samsung which needs the proof of purchase. Sometimes asking for a picture of it uploading too. 

I would contact Customer Services on 191 to ask for clarification. 

Looking from a Google search I see this page but I'm not sure if it's the one you have seen too. 

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/brands/samsung/galaxy-s7/index.htm?cid=ppc-mec-auto/sncsbth/s7/lznty/lcc#B...

"Free Gear VR Headset (worth £80)

Don’t forget to add your free Samsung Gear VR headset worth RRP £80. Terms apply."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

dixons999
I contacted samsung and they said the promo has ended with them so that's not good felling tricked in to up grade

BandOfBrothers

Samsung will only tell you what's happening with their own promotions. 

I would suggest to look at your paperwork wether it been in an email or hard copy from Vodafone that states you'll get a Samsung Vr. 

In the link it says check Terms and Conditions. Perhaps check them. I can't as I'm commuting right now using my s7 edge so it's a little difficult going through these. :Smiling:

I assume you added the free Vr before completing the order.  Edited as you posted before I completed my post. Please do check any confirmation email surrounding the order. 

Please do ring 191 to enquire. 

You do have 30 days cooling off period if needed to return the phone but hopefully you'll not need to use this. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

Just had a quick look online and if you go through the order process the option to add a VR headset does appear as part of the order process so it appears as though it's a Vodafone offer:

Capture.PNG

which when added looks like this:

Capture.PNG

It sounds as though the Live Chat agent hasn't processed the order correctly or the order has gone wrong somewhere in the system or it could be a simple case of running out of stock at the moment and they're waiting for more to come in (though they should tell you this)

I'd get in touch with Customer Service again and ask where it is. If you still don't get anywhere then the eForum team may be able to look into it for you.

dixons999
I odid my upgrade through the on line chat so they should have orders it

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dixons999

Sorry to hear you haven't received the order you placed.

So we can look into this for you, please get in contact with us as suggested by @BandOfBrothers and @Nabs

Let us know how you get on with this and if you need any further assistance.

Ajohno389
Have this same issue, Ordered my new Samsung Galaxy S7 on the 22nd recieved it on the 24th but no headset, but on thursday i recieved another text and email with a new order number which i assumed must have been for the Free gear vr i had been offered as part of my upgrade but i havent been able to track it to check as it says its invalid, went to a live chat and got the same responce about going through samsung for the headset, i explained that the deal isnt active through them but they insisted i try anyways. I have the original transcript and the 2 order numbers and would really like to get my Gear VR 😕

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ajohno389 - I’m sorry to hear this.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

dixons999
I have sorted it with very good help from your Westwood cross store many thanks