cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is my 24 month contract longer than 24 months?

breakbeat
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I took out a 24 month contract in December 2015, however my account says that I'm tied in until August 2018

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Did you ever request or agree to any part of your tariff allowances being changed / improved with Vodafone as this can change your dates. 

A contract has two important dates. 

1. Early Upgrade Date. 
  2. Contract End Date. 

If none of the above aapplies then please call Customer services on 191 or use Live Chat for them to access your account and check what's occurred. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Upgrade is due in May 18, weirdly my VEA apparently expires in March 18, previously it's been the same length as the contract. Havent accepted any upgrades... I suppose I will try live chat as the Customer Services people will only speak to my husband, despite him asking for me to be added to the account several times 

BandOfBrothers

Would you please let us know how you get on as the information can go onto helping others in a similar situation.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To update, I've got nowhere - spent about 20 minutes talking to an online support person, who couldn't understand what my problem was - 'it says on the system that your contract ends in august 2018 madam, therefore your contract ends in august 2018 '

'but I took out a 24 month contract in December 2015 - this would make it a 32 month contract' 

'um i'm sorry I dont understand' 

I guess if its not in the script they cant help? Anyway, long story short - I eventually had a promise that they would amend my account to December 2017 (I found the courier receipt from December 2015 - when i received new phone and contract) within 48 hours (have the transcript in my emails). All thats come of it is that my upgrade date is even later now - 4th June 2018! 

Anyone know how to get in touch with a real human being at vodafone? I've tried going in store but they just tell you to ring the equally useless customer service who are also reading from a script. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@breakbeat We'd like to get this resolved for you.

So we can take a look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.