Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-Fi calling

ElMartinez
2: Seeker

Hi guys,

I have few questions about Wi-Fi calling which is available on my new iphone 6s.

Wi-Fi Calling in UK

- As far as I know wi-fi calling to UK numbers is treated as using your normal minutes allowance - which means that unlimited allowance means free wi-fi calling all the time but:

How does it work with wi-fi calling from uk to abroad numbers (like norway, germany or poland)

Wi-Fi calling from Europe

- Am I correct to say that wi-fi calling to uk numbers while being abroad is also treated as normal free-minutes allowances while wi-fi calling to abroad numbers (while being abroad) is charged as calling abroad from uk via mobile network

Wi-Fi calling from everywhere else

- Does it work as Europe?

Finally - when does wi-fi calling activates itself? Is it as soon as you are on wi-fi or when you are on wi-fi and have NO mobile reception?

Thanks in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The truth is that Wi fi calling is a UK only service. It will not work outside of the UK. If anyone has told you differently they are wrong.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ElMartinez - Wi-Fi Calling is for UK use only and any international calls made will be charged the standard international rates.

Hi,

Actually Vodafone wifi calling can be used from abroad to make free calls/texts to UK and also receive calls from UK. For this you need to subscribe to a VPN service which gives you a UK IP address, this fools Vodafone into thinking you're connected to a UK wifi network when clearly you're not.

ElMartinez
Hi,

It appears to contradicts with what I was told by vodafone rep - she told me that I can use wi-fi calling abroad to call uk numbers as well as call abroad numbers from uk - both calls will be treated as part of your inclusive minutes.

So what is the truth then?:)

jeffkinn

The truth is that Wi fi calling is a UK only service. It will not work outside of the UK. If anyone has told you differently they are wrong.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Section 10 and 13 seem to suggest that any wifi calls are to be treated as normal calls even while in roaming:

Roaming

1. If you make any calls to UK mobiles or landlines over Wi-Fi whilst roaming, your calls will be charged in accordance with your usual UK bundle and treated as if you’ve made the call from the UK.
    13. Calls made over Wi-Fi will appear on your bill as your usual monthly UK minute allowance.

Can anyone from vodafone clarify this please?

thank you

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ukvw We don't support Wi-Fi calling abroad. Once you connect to a non UK network, your phone disables Wi-Fi calling.
You can check out a similar discussion within the Community here.
For more information and support on Wi-Fi calling please see here.