Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling S7

hunter1973
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I received my new Galaxy S7 on the Red bundle but i cannot seem to find the Wifi Calling option in the settings? 

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

You may need to ask Customer service to activate it for you. 

You may just need to provision yourself on the network by texting CALLING to 97888.

I'm. Assuming Vodafone supplied the phone directly to you and not an independent. 

Help link http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Wi-Fi-Calling/67269365/How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thank you. Contacted Vodafone and they are sending me a text to activate it. Hopefully won't take too long.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Hope all goes OK for you.  :Smiling:

I take it the phone was supplied directly by Vodafone then. 

Current Phone  >

Yes, via the website.

BandOfBrothers

Awesome. 

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Not neccesary as I have just got WiFi calling activated on both iPhone SE (John Lewis) and 7 (Apple USA).

I just went on Live chat and asked them to activate WiFi calling. Did it straight away on both lines.

BandOfBrothers

@Getafix wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Not neccesary as I have just got WiFi calling activated on both iPhone SE (John Lewis) and 7 (Apple USA).

I just went on Live chat and asked them to activate WiFi calling. Did it straight away on both lines.

Correct for iPhones but we are discussing the Samsung Galaxy s7 phone in this case , which has to have been directly supplied by Vodafone to be able to use Calling Ovef Wifi. 

Current Phone  >

No true, my S7 was purchased handset only from GiffGaf and WiFi calling works on it just fine.

Wish they would hurry up and sort out SMS support though!

63johnw

@marshalex the official Vodafone policy is that android phones that allow wifi calling and meet other criteria must be supplied by Vodafone for it to work, however there are some users who are finding that it is working on their non Vodafone branded phones, this has also been known to disapear with firmware upgrades.