Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

spotify - only chargable options

TOMARMSON574
2: Seeker

i got a red value bundle which comes with 24 months entertainment, the link came and inclusive spotify was there but had to wait for my premium subscritption to end... went back when on spotify free and had no inclusive entertainment options just £9.99/month spotify or £4.99 sky sports. numerous calls and live chats to customer service absolutely no help just keep saying they will reset the entertainment pack sending me the link over and over again and promising it will be on tomorrow for well over a week now... anyone else had these problems or got sorted?

40 REPLIES 40

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

We have seen similar posts on here about the issue of Spotify not showing up as one of the Entertainment pack options.  You will need to either call up again or use LiveChat - in the other cases they have been able to resolve the issue.  If they can't, ask them to escalate your problem which should hopefully get the problem fixed. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @TOMARMSON574

I'm not surprised your frustrated and confused over your situation. 

It does seem from past posts thst the likes of Spotify can sometimes be a mine field:(

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @TOMARMSON574

To enable you to opt into the subscription which comes with your contract, you are going to need to cancel your current Spotify subscription.  You can find how to cancel by visiting the cancellation page on the support link below.

Support - Spotify

As soon as you have cancelled the running subscription, you will need to text entertainment to 97613 for Vodafone to send the text to enable you to opt in.  Please be aware that the current subscription will continue until it reaches the time for renewal later in the month and you won't be able to opt into the new subscription during that time.

If you continue to have problems, please use Live Chat for account access.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @TOMARMSON574

I understand your worry at this. 

The information given by @AnnS is spot on. 

Have you text 97613 to opt in?

Louise

TOMARMSON574
No not solved! I have done all this and still not working and people are still lying saying it will be sorted in 24 hours! Still chargeable options only after they send another link through... WiFi off 4g signed out of all sessions of Spotify free and Facebook not even got apps on phone and cleared browser nothing works!

TOMARMSON574
Will they 11th phone call or live chat finally work? Probably not

Hello @TOMARMSON574

I understand your frustration. I am going to send you a Private Message with further help on this. 

Louise

I share your frustrations @TOMARMSON574, I joined Vodafone back in April and it took me about two months to get my Spotify account sorted, it took several phone calls to the Vodafone to resolve this but eventually it was resolved.

Note I didn't have to close my old Spotify account, it was upgraded. I don't know what was done apart from it was Vodafone who resolved it.

I hope you get yours resolved.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

Hello

I have this exact problem.   I joined a couple of weeks ago, and cannot activiate the 12 months free entertainment offer.   Only the chargable options are available. 

It really does seem hopeless to get the problem resolved.  Vodafone is a really bizarre company to deal with.  To resolve an issue you have to deal with them interactively, that is, you have to phone them or use live chat.  So, if the person on the other end of the phone or live chat doesn't have the systems or the training to help you there and then, then your problem does not get resolved.  

What I would like to do, is just send a simple email, that states that facts and ask for it please to be resolved.  Then the complany can deal with that email by telling me they have received it and that they will endeavour to resolve.  They can then take the the appropriate time, then email me back with the resolution.  That would be normal.  

But I can't, there is no email address,  I have to phone or live chat and get frustrated and take up hours of everybodies time.

I have just phoned yet again, I got the same story after explaining the same problem, and I have been left with the same feeling of no confidence.  we'll see.    I think I am just going to have to write a letter and put it in the post to get a response, which is bizarre for a technology company.