You are here:

Pay monthly products & services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

spotify - only chargable options

i got a red value bundle which comes with 24 months entertainment, the link came and inclusive spotify was there but had to wait for my premium subscritption to end... went back when on spotify free and had no inclusive entertainment options just £9.99/month spotify or £4.99 sky sports. numerous calls and live chats to customer service absolutely no help just keep saying they will reset the entertainment pack sending me the link over and over again and promising it will be on tomorrow for well over a week now... anyone else had these problems or got sorted?

Message 1 of 41 (16,302 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

Re: spotify - only chargable options

Hi there

We have seen similar posts on here about the issue of Spotify not showing up as one of the Entertainment pack options.  You will need to either call up again or use LiveChat - in the other cases they have been able to resolve the issue.  If they can't, ask them to escalate your problem which should hopefully get the problem fixed. 

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 41 (16,293 Views)

Hi @TOMARMSON574

I'm not surprised your frustrated and confused over your situation. 

It does seem from past posts thst the likes of Spotify can sometimes be a mine fieldSmiley Sad

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

image.jpeg

Message 3 of 41 (16,290 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @TOMARMSON574

To enable you to opt into the subscription which comes with your contract, you are going to need to cancel your current Spotify subscription.  You can find how to cancel by visiting the cancellation page on the support link below.

Support - Spotify

As soon as you have cancelled the running subscription, you will need to text entertainment to 97613 for Vodafone to send the text to enable you to opt in.  Please be aware that the current subscription will continue until it reaches the time for renewal later in the month and you won't be able to opt into the new subscription during that time.

If you continue to have problems, please use Live Chat for account access.

Message 4 of 41 (16,286 Views)
Topics: 4
Solutions: 10

Hi @TOMARMSON574

I understand your worry at this. 

The information given by @AnnS is spot on. 

Have you text 97613 to opt in?

Louise

Message 5 of 41 (16,111 Views)

No not solved! I have done all this and still not working and people are still lying saying it will be sorted in 24 hours! Still chargeable options only after they send another link through... WiFi off 4g signed out of all sessions of Spotify free and Facebook not even got apps on phone and cleared browser nothing works!
Message 6 of 41 (16,082 Views)

Will they 11th phone call or live chat finally work? Probably not
Message 7 of 41 (16,081 Views)

Hello @TOMARMSON574

I understand your frustration. I am going to send you a Private Message with further help on this. 

Louise

Message 8 of 41 (16,058 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II

I share your frustrations @TOMARMSON574, I joined Vodafone back in April and it took me about two months to get my Spotify account sorted, it took several phone calls to the Vodafone to resolve this but eventually it was resolved.

Note I didn't have to close my old Spotify account, it was upgraded. I don't know what was done apart from it was Vodafone who resolved it.

I hope you get yours resolved.

Message 9 of 41 (15,932 Views)

Hello

I have this exact problem.   I joined a couple of weeks ago, and cannot activiate the 12 months free entertainment offer.   Only the chargable options are available. 

It really does seem hopeless to get the problem resolved.  Vodafone is a really bizarre company to deal with.  To resolve an issue you have to deal with them interactively, that is, you have to phone them or use live chat.  So, if the person on the other end of the phone or live chat doesn't have the systems or the training to help you there and then, then your problem does not get resolved.  

What I would like to do, is just send a simple email, that states that facts and ask for it please to be resolved.  Then the complany can deal with that email by telling me they have received it and that they will endeavour to resolve.  They can then take the the appropriate time, then email me back with the resolution.  That would be normal.  

But I can't, there is no email address,  I have to phone or live chat and get frustrated and take up hours of everybodies time.

I have just phoned yet again, I got the same story after explaining the same problem, and I have been left with the same feeling of no confidence.  we'll see.    I think I am just going to have to write a letter and put it in the post to get a response, which is bizarre for a technology company.

Message 10 of 41 (15,754 Views)

expectingtofly wrote:

What I would like to do, is just send a simple email, that states that facts and ask for it please to be resolved.  Then the complany can deal with that email by telling me they have received it and that they will endeavour to resolve.  They can then take the the appropriate time, then email me back with the resolution.  That would be normal.  

But I can't, there is no email address,  I have to phone or live chat and get frustrated and take up hours of everybodies time.

Unfortunately there is no email address.  Firstly, it is not a secure method of transmitting account details in order for the customer service person to access the account.  Then, if the person sending the email doesn't provide enough detail, there can be lots of emails back and forth to try get to the bottom of the issue.  If the average response time to an email is 48 hours, it could literally take weeks to sort out something that could be done in minutes over the phone. 

Also, having a publicly available email address results in loads of spam.

That all being said, an issue like yours should be resolved quickly either over the phone or via LiveChat but I am not sure why it hasn't been.  Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 41 (15,735 Views)

[ Edited ]

drey_p wrote:

That all being said, an issue like yours should be resolved quickly either over the phone or via LiveChat but I am not sure why it hasn't been.  Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?

Yes, I have tried all suggestions

I am in the same dystopian nightmare as  @TOMARMSON574 . where you contact vodafone, they forward you to the "tech team" where somebody listens to your problem (that you have explained many times) they say " I see the problem it will be fixed in 24 hours or 15 minutes or 72 hours ( delete as applicable )" whatever length of time means you won't stay on the phone.  You then hang up with the empty feeling that it will never be resolved.  That is why I would like to send a traceable message that somebody can reply to.  Your description of a lengthy exchange of emails sounds very appealling right now, even if it takes weeks!   

Message 12 of 41 (15,717 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II

@expectingtofly pretty much sums up my feeling of Vodafone, they are by far the worst mobile phone company I've dealt with. I'm not saying others are perfect, far from it, but the fact that you know you will need to ring back up and speak to someone and explain it all again is too frustrating!
Message 13 of 41 (15,703 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jonspittle  Yes I agree, they have something fundamental missing from their processes.  I think it the fact that nobody will take responsability for a problem beyond the length of a phone call or chat.  Other companies (as you say, although not perfect) at least have that.  Most other companies have this kind of thing in their processes : They'll say " I can't fix your problem right now, but we will call you back on ......  to give you an update".  Vodafone's employees just don't seem to have that capability in their processes.  Which makes it very very frustrating for thier customers.

For what its worth, (in case anyone from vodafone monitors this forum) this is my problem.   I signed up for this 12GB Red Value Bundle that included 12 months free entertainment (spotify, Now Tv, Sky sports) (originally I was charged the wrong amount, but that's another painful story)

When I follow the link in the text confirming the offer or go to http://offers.vodafone.co.uk/gb, the option is not there to sign up, I only get 2 of the 3 options and they are both chargable :

Capture2.PNG

Message 14 of 41 (15,621 Views)

Hi @expectingtofly

I understand your frustration. 

I'm going to send you a Private Message with further help on this. 

Louise

Message 15 of 41 (15,591 Views)

Hi I've got similar problems with the Spotify subscription. The correct Spotify Offer is there to choose for subscription, but I can't get it to work. What I want to know is the exact steps to sort this out, as the chat and phone get you nowhere.

I have an existing Spotify premium subscription, so I do I need to cancel this, before triggering the Vodafone subscription? If I cancel it, do I need to wait for the end date of my subscription to pass before triggering it?

Thanks

Message 16 of 41 (15,291 Views)

Hi @Paul-w99

According to the Vodafone FAQ :

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Offers-and-rewards/Spotify/38910175/What-if-I-m-already-a-Spotify-Prem...

You need to cancel your current subscription and wait until it becuomes a free account again.

However, be warned, that is what I did and it was the beginning of my tale of woe (still not resolved), as when my spotify account expired and I was ready to follow their process stated in the FAQ, the spotify offer could no longer be accessed.

Hopefully it will go much smoother for you

Message 17 of 41 (15,287 Views)

You just have to persevere with them did nothing different but have eventually got it on the 15th or 16th attempt!
Message 18 of 41 (15,269 Views)

Thanks to both of you for the feedback, I'll keep trying, cheers.

Message 19 of 41 (15,240 Views)

I am experiencing similar issues, but instead of Spotify, I am trying to sign up to Sky Sports. I have a RED bundle, and only get the chargeable options to select. From what i understood, once you sign up, you get a credit for the value of the package each month applied to your account. However, when trying to sign up, accepting the T&Cs and clicking the subscribe button, I keep getting a 'Server Error' message and that I need to sign in again. I have tried multiple times, Wifi on and off, txt Entertainment to 97613 and followed the link, had online chat send me a link, who did say it would be completely different from the ones I had already tried but was in fact the same and got the same result, 'Server Error'.

Message 20 of 41 (15,107 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up