You are here:

Pay monthly products & services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Re: spotify - only chargable options

Matt_L68 wrote:

I am experiencing similar issues, but instead of Spotify, I am trying to sign up to Sky Sports. I have a RED bundle, and only get the chargeable options to select. From what i understood, once you sign up, you get a credit for the value of the package each month applied to your account. 

Hi @Matt_L68

I believe you are seeing the same problem as me.  It should show the "free for 12 months" option, rather than the chargeable option.  I don't believe you will be able to sign up until those are shown (I also experimented by trying to sign up anyway, and got the same server error).

Message 21 of 41 (13,725 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II

This is exactly the same error I kept receiving when I had problems with adding Spotify, in the end, after many calls to Vodafone they sort it...

Remembering back a bit now I believe I got mine sorted by it being added manually by a specific department, as the automatic method wasn't working.
Message 22 of 41 (13,711 Views)
Topics: 4
Solutions: 10

[ Edited ]

Hello @paul_w99

Please follow the steps here for help with this. 

Hello @expectingtofly

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing. 

Have you emailed our team through the PM I have sent you. Have they been in touch? Please can you provide an update on what's happening?

Hello @Matt_L68

The best way forward is to call our team directly on 191 from a Vodafone mobile and we will look into this for you.

Louise

Message 23 of 41 (13,628 Views)

[ Edited ]

Louise_E wrote:

Hello @expectingtofly

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing. 

Have you emailed our team through the PM I have sent you. Have they been in touch? Please can you provide an update on what's happening?

Louise

Hello @Louise_E 

Yes, thank you,  I have been in touch using the ticketing system you provided,  and I am in the process of being helped.  It's going slowly, but it feels soooooo much better to have a problem tracked and owned, rather than being in the cycle of phone call after phone call explaning the same thing over and over again.
It does beg the question, why doesn't vodaphone provide that capabiltiy to everybody who has a problem until waiting until they get frustated and complain on a forum or social media? very odd.

Message 24 of 41 (13,573 Views)
Topics: 4
Solutions: 10

Hi @expectingtofly

I'm happy to hear this is being investigated for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Our email teams can only look into certain issues - for this reason, you must be referred to them directly to ensure our team can help you successfully.

Louise

Message 25 of 41 (13,328 Views)

[ Edited ]

Message 26 of 41 (5,587 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having exactly the same problem.

I called 191 as advised on the FAQ page on http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Vodafone-products-and-services/Entertainment-packs/Spotify/77472152/Wh...

I was told that my account had been referred to the appropriate team and I would be emailed a link with the correct options within 48 hours.

Guess what? No link received, and using the standard link still only offers chargeable options.

I don't have the time to call 191 dozens of times in the hope I finally get through to an agent who is able to resolve this. I signed up to Vodafone on a 12 month contract on the basis this was part of the offer, and I am furious that Vodafone is apparently reneging on this part of the deal.

Is someone from Vodafone on this forum able to get my issue referred to someone who can actually fix it?

If not, my next step will be to write to a Sunday newspaper money column to get it resolved that way.

Message 27 of 41 (5,587 Views)
Topics: 0
Solutions: 0

@cybersquatter Our Live Chat team will be happy to look into this for you. If Spotify is included in your bundle, they'll be able to get this set up straight away.

Message 28 of 41 (5,430 Views)

I am currently in a 'live chat' and will update this forum with the result, which I expect will be an assurance that it will be fixed in 48 hours and then no resolution 48 hours later.

It is utterly beyond me why Vodafone can't use a formal ticketing system rather than all this live chat stuff. There's no accountability on the agent to ensure the problem is resolved.

Message 29 of 41 (5,424 Views)

[ Edited ]

cybersquatter wrote:

I am currently in a 'live chat' and will update this forum with the result, which I expect will be an assurance that it will be fixed in 48 hours and then no resolution 48 hours later.

It is utterly beyond me why Vodafone can't use a formal ticketing system rather than all this live chat stuff. There's no accountability on the agent to ensure the problem is resolved.

Good luck.  I hope Vodafone have resolved the situation so that a person on live chat can solve it for you.  It was never successful for me. It only got resolved when the forum team gave me access to their email ticketing system.  As you say, until then,  there was no accountability.  After I was able to put my issue in writing, suddenly, someone in Vodafone had ownership and it got resolved.

It is very hard to understand why such a large company can't see the benefit in that kind of customer service being available for everybody, You would imagine all it takes is an email address or contact us form on their website. Very bizarre.

Message 30 of 41 (5,409 Views)

So I had a very long and frustrating 'live chat' conversation with an agent who assured me he had added the option to my account and I should just wait 30 minutes and everything would work.

I didn't believe this for a second so (at my fourth request) he eventually escalated the 'live chat' to his manager.

His manager assured me that if I clicked on the option that suggested a £9.99 per month charge, it would add it to my account and I wouldn't be charged.

So I did this and I will update the forum if (as I expect) a £9.99 charge appears on my bill in a month or two.

Message 31 of 41 (5,405 Views)
Solutions: 0

@cybersquatter Please let us know how you get on with this, when your bill is produced.

If you need any further help, we'll be happy to get in touch with you.

Message 32 of 41 (5,344 Views)

@cybersquatter : yep same game here.  live chat x 3: Hour long chat on the phone to an agent this afternoon.  I've been 'promised' a refund of the overcharge for Spotify & offered a free month onthe phone by way of compensation.  Previous rechrges didnt appear, so lets see.

How hard can it be?

Message 33 of 41 (5,159 Views)

Hi Colleen

I've been charged for Spotify, in spite of your agent's promises I wouldn't be.

It seems I wasn't charged for the first month, presumably because that's a 'free trial month'.

What a surprise.

In your previous message, you said "Please let us know how you get on with this, when your bill is produced. If you need any further help, we'll be happy to get in touch with you."

Will you now honour this promise?

Message 34 of 41 (1,376 Views)
Solutions: 1

@cybersquatter

I've sent you a private message on how you can get in touch with us.

Once you've followed the link, we'll be in touch.

Message 35 of 41 (1,371 Views)

Thanks. I have completed and submitted the form.

Message 36 of 41 (1,363 Views)
Topics: 5
Solutions: 2

Thanks for letting us know @cybersquatter.

So we can check on this for you, please confirm the reference number you received in the automated email response. This will look similar to #12345678.

Message 37 of 41 (1,356 Views)

Hi, it is #15507621

Message 38 of 41 (1,351 Views)
Solutions: 1

@cybersquatter

I can confirm we've receivedy your email.

One of our team will be in touch soon.

Message 39 of 41 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well my problem was resolved immediately once handed to the forum escalations team (thanks to Yesha who was the person who resolved it).

She did this by apparently removing and re-adding the package to my account (the word she used was 'refresh').

It may also be relevant that I was instructed to uninstall the Spotify app from my phone - I hadn't been told to do this in the past - but whether it was relevant I don't know.

I was then told to wait 24 hours and text 'Entertainment' to 97613. This time, unlike all the previous time I had been told to do this by the 'live chat'/phone operatives, this resulted in an automated response containing a link which contained the correct (free) options. Lesson learned: if you're told the problem is solved and the link contains the wrong options (chargeable Spotify, chargeable Sky Sports, no NOW TV) - the issue hasn't been resolved and you're being fobbed off.

Message 40 of 41 (474 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up