Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

spotify - only chargable options

TOMARMSON574
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i got a red value bundle which comes with 24 months entertainment, the link came and inclusive spotify was there but had to wait for my premium subscritption to end... went back when on spotify free and had no inclusive entertainment options just £9.99/month spotify or £4.99 sky sports. numerous calls and live chats to customer service absolutely no help just keep saying they will reset the entertainment pack sending me the link over and over again and promising it will be on tomorrow for well over a week now... anyone else had these problems or got sorted?

40 REPLIES 40

I am having exactly the same problem.

I called 191 as advised on the FAQ page on http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Vodafone-products-and-services/Entertainment-packs/Spotify/77472152/Wh...

I was told that my account had been referred to the appropriate team and I would be emailed a link with the correct options within 48 hours.

Guess what? No link received, and using the standard link still only offers chargeable options.

I don't have the time to call 191 dozens of times in the hope I finally get through to an agent who is able to resolve this. I signed up to Vodafone on a 12 month contract on the basis this was part of the offer, and I am furious that Vodafone is apparently reneging on this part of the deal.

Is someone from Vodafone on this forum able to get my issue referred to someone who can actually fix it?

If not, my next step will be to write to a Sunday newspaper money column to get it resolved that way.

@cybersquatter Our Live Chat team will be happy to look into this for you. If Spotify is included in your bundle, they'll be able to get this set up straight away.

I am currently in a 'live chat' and will update this forum with the result, which I expect will be an assurance that it will be fixed in 48 hours and then no resolution 48 hours later.

It is utterly beyond me why Vodafone can't use a formal ticketing system rather than all this live chat stuff. There's no accountability on the agent to ensure the problem is resolved.

@cybersquatter wrote:

I am currently in a 'live chat' and will update this forum with the result, which I expect will be an assurance that it will be fixed in 48 hours and then no resolution 48 hours later.

It is utterly beyond me why Vodafone can't use a formal ticketing system rather than all this live chat stuff. There's no accountability on the agent to ensure the problem is resolved.

Good luck.  I hope Vodafone have resolved the situation so that a person on live chat can solve it for you.  It was never successful for me. It only got resolved when the forum team gave me access to their email ticketing system.  As you say, until then,  there was no accountability.  After I was able to put my issue in writing, suddenly, someone in Vodafone had ownership and it got resolved.

It is very hard to understand why such a large company can't see the benefit in that kind of customer service being available for everybody, You would imagine all it takes is an email address or contact us form on their website. Very bizarre.

So I had a very long and frustrating 'live chat' conversation with an agent who assured me he had added the option to my account and I should just wait 30 minutes and everything would work.

I didn't believe this for a second so (at my fourth request) he eventually escalated the 'live chat' to his manager.

His manager assured me that if I clicked on the option that suggested a £9.99 per month charge, it would add it to my account and I wouldn't be charged.

So I did this and I will update the forum if (as I expect) a £9.99 charge appears on my bill in a month or two.

@cybersquatter Please let us know how you get on with this, when your bill is produced.

If you need any further help, we'll be happy to get in touch with you.

@cybersquatter : yep same game here.  live chat x 3: Hour long chat on the phone to an agent this afternoon.  I've been 'promised' a refund of the overcharge for Spotify & offered a free month onthe phone by way of compensation.  Previous rechrges didnt appear, so lets see.

How hard can it be?

Hi Colleen

I've been charged for Spotify, in spite of your agent's promises I wouldn't be.

It seems I wasn't charged for the first month, presumably because that's a 'free trial month'.

What a surprise.

In your previous message, you said "Please let us know how you get on with this, when your bill is produced. If you need any further help, we'll be happy to get in touch with you."

Will you now honour this promise?

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cybersquatter

I've sent you a private message on how you can get in touch with us.

Once you've followed the link, we'll be in touch.