Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
Lyndell

Activate Sim Card

I am having real problems with the signal I receive on my Samsung Vodafone 360 H1.  Today I received a new sim card to try and rectify the problem.  I activated it through Customer service at about 3.30 p.m. and was told to turn my phone off and keep turning it on as my sim would be activated within 30 minutes.  Unfortunately it is still not activated - how long does it take?  Does anyone know?  Many thanks

Message 1 of 9 (18,732 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

Re: Activate Sim Card

Hiya, it normally only takes a few minutes, but it can take up to 24 hours,   normally after 24 hours if it hasn't activated you can call Customer Services who can speak to the specific team who deal with this and get it resolved for you   :-)

Message 2 of 9 (18,720 Views)
bertyb

If at all possible, I would try the SIM in another handset, just to make sure its not a device fault !

Message 3 of 9 (18,719 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi  Lyndell

I would suggest  bertyb's advice woul'd be gold, need to make sure its not the H1 causing this issue

I've just sent you an email so we can help  you out with this issue.

If you could reply back with the details we need, we can get cracking on this for you.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Message 4 of 9 (18,702 Views)
Lyndell

Ok, thanks all.  Will go and find my old phone and try it in there first.  I rang again yesterday and was informed that it could take up to 24 hours to activate the card so I tried the new card again for about 6 hours.  Still no luck and then when I put my old card back in it said a new card had been detected and did I want to clear history.  I just ignored this message.  Unfortunately I cannot be without my phone for too long as I need to be available if my mother who is 90 rings me.  Will get back to you as soon as I can.

Message 5 of 9 (18,694 Views)
Lyndell

Hi BenJ

I have just replied to your e mail so will wait for you to ring me.  To bring you up to date I have tried the new sim card in my old phone and it says that it is not registered.  I left it in and nothing happened so am now still using my Vodafone 360 H1 with my old sim card.  Things are no better, in fact they seem to be getting worse.  If I log on to the internet I now have to switch my phone off to disconnect it.  It is also still freezing periodically but the main problem though is the signal - this morning my mum was trying to contact me for over 2 hours and only managed to get me when I checked my phone and saw I only had an emergency signal.  I had to reboot the phone to get a signal.  I cannot be without a phone as she is nearly 90 years old and needs to be able to contact me 24 / 7.  I think that, unless this problem can be resolved quickly and easily, then I should revert back to using my old phone until such time as a solution is found.  I am not sure how long I have been with Vodafone but it is quite a few years and I have never had any problems with obtaining a signal whilst in the house until I started using this phone.  Hope you can help.

Message 6 of 9 (18,626 Views)
Lyndell

Re: Activate Sim Card - Update

Apparently my card was not registered even though I rang and gave the number but after e mailing my number again I received an e mail this morning to say it had now been registered and activated.  Unfortunately it is now 8 hours since I put my new card in my phone and It is still not working.  When I switch my ohone on all I get is EM and the no signal sign.  I am not complaining, I have been with Vodafone for many years and it is only in the last 6 months that I have had any problems.  I have just send another e mail asking for further suggestions. Fingers crossed!

Message 7 of 9 (18,538 Views)
bertyb

Sim card registrations can take upto 24 hours , but if you have had a bad experience thats taken more that 24 hours I would raise it with the customer services teams, whilst its maybe only been 8 hours from your sim card was updated, if you have been waiting for more than that time, ask them to speak to the team who deals with Sim card registrations, to make sure there hasn't been an error etc, 

Message 8 of 9 (18,529 Views)
Lyndell

Finally got the new sim card activated, apparently one of the numbers had been input incorrectly when registering it.  It has made no difference to the phone though, 3 times this afternoon I lost the signal completely and it went to EM only.  If it is no better tomorrow I will have to revert to my old Nokia phone and as the snow is starting to clear I will try and get to the nearest Vodafone shop to see what can be done about it.  Thanks for all your input. I do appreciate it.  

Message 9 of 9 (18,500 Views)