You are here:
Ask a question:
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Call from - 0808 099 6746

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

My apologies I miss read the number. :smileyembarrassed:

As this is a Vodafone number then we can simply update the marketing preferences on an account to stop the calls from being made to you.

@ kaseffa and Charleysanta, I’ve sent you a quick PM so we can get this updated for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 61 of 205 (8,045 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
kaseffa

No, that is not how you deal with the customers who have been suffering from nuisance calls.

Why send private messages? That is embarrasingly bad customeer service. I am not the only one customer who are angry and complaining about this.

By reading what you sent me, I understand that the following is what exactly people would have to do to get rid of the nuisance calls, but some steps are unclear:

Firstly go to 'Contact Us' page  www.vodafone.co.uk/contactus .

Then go to 'online email form.

Select [pay as you go] or [pay monthly], and then fill in the blanks.

- Business customers should select [pay monthly], not [business].

- In the subject field, the code ' WRT135 ' needs to be entered.

- Write query in the 'please fill in your question' field.

In my case I shall write something like,

"please stop 08080996746 calling me because it is a nuisance"

- The ‘Contact Us’ form is sometimes faulty so people might have to fill in the form twice.

*** James you are saying that I will need to enter my forum username and a link to my post within the main text box.  Why? That should not be necessary. Just writing complaints / requests in my own words should be enough. If you are saying that I must enter those informations, please explain why, because it sounds that you are allowing only those who have posted complaints in this forum have rights to 'access' to your secret call-blocking service.

????

What happens after filling the form then?

How and how quickly are the request going to be dealt with?

Will the request really going to be dealt with???

You have not told me anything about that.

Also, please explain whether the request will be ignored if the code WRT135 is not entered in the subject field.

You need to be clear. Do not send private message to an individual. That is so offensive. Remember there exist hundreds (if not thousands or millions) of very annoyed customers.

I cannot believe Vodafone staff are acting as if they are working for a very dodgy black company.

Message 62 of 205 (8,027 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi kasseffa,

To allow us to make the changes on the account we must firstly confirm DPA with the account holder.

As the Vodafone eForum is not directly linked with your Vodafone account the details that we have on your eForum registration doesn’t provide enough details to do this.

The instructions provided is a way of getting in touch with our team directly using the subject line that was quoted in the PM however, any of our customer service teams can make the required changes and they can be contacted through the contact us form without the subject line, or by calling 191.

Once we pick up your email, we will then be able to make the amendments on your account.

In regards to the way that this information has been sent to you, this is the process that we follow regarding any issue, fundamentally the eForum is designed as a self service technical support forum and as such we follow the same process of sending a PM to any customers who have an issue relating to their account.

The Private message is not there to be offensive and I’m sorry if you have found this process offensive however, it is an eForum process that we must follow and I have sent a PM to all those involved in this thread.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 63 of 205 (7,952 Views)
kaseffa

Thank you for your reply.

> As the Vodafone eForum is not directly linked with your Vodafone account

> the details that we have on your eForum registration doesn’t provide

> enough details to do this.

I do know that. That is why I said there should no need for anyone to provide their eforum information in the main text box because it is irrelevant (Some people do not even have an eforum account). All you need is our usual Vodafone details, NOT eforum account details. We just write enquiry/complaint in the text box and provide our vodafone details and you should be able to deal with that.

Anyway, to me personally your instructions are now clear enough to follow and I will get on with the request to see what happens. Thank you.

I just hope that other people who are suffering from the same/similar problems will find this forum and read those instructions.

Message 64 of 205 (7,936 Views)
Clarian

Hi,

I'm also getting a lot of calls from this number. Could somebody please update my marketing preferences so that I don't receive sales calls?

Thanks.

Message 65 of 205 (7,637 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
dlorde

I just received a call from this number that rang off before I could answer it.

I contacted LBM Marketing and they said it wasn't one of their numbers.

If ti happens again, I'll have Vodafone kill it.

Message 66 of 205 (7,624 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts here.

@Clarian, Dave has sent you a PM earlier today regarding another issue however,. We can deal with this at the same time for you once we receive your email.

@ dlorde,  If you want us to change the marketing preferences for you just give us a shout.

James

Message 67 of 205 (7,594 Views)
KerrieJohnston81

Calls From 0808 099 6746

Can someone please please please stop them from calling me? I know it's something to do with Vodafone as I've looked the number up, I don't use my mobile because it's on incoming only due my son running his phone bill up which is linked to my account, I've already phoned Vodafone about the situation and explained what's going on. So please stop calling my number. I don't want the damn contract but I'm stuck with it until my son pays the bill. 

Message 68 of 205 (7,596 Views)
Rank 29: Mentor III
Magicman13

Re: Calls From 0808 099 6746

The number is one of Vodafones outbound sales teams. You are probably close to the end of the current commitment period.

One of the team can get this looked into for you but they can take up to 24 hours to reply to this post.

In the mean time, if they call again, ask to be removed from the dialling list and make them note the request on your account. That way, if calls continue, you have solid grounds to complain as this request should be adhered to.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento
Message 69 of 205 (7,595 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi KarrieJohnston81,

Thanks for posting. If you'd like, my team can amend your marketing preferences to prevent these calls coming through in future. You'll still get calls from the collections team or from any department separate from the sales channels but this should help reduce the frequency of those coming in. :smileyhappy:

You can find your PM inbox here where I've sent instructions on how to reach us. 

Cheers, Ben

Message 70 of 205 (7,541 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
horatio_nelson

VF team - I need you to sort out my preferences too.

I lost my mobile phone on Saturday (2nd Feb) and called up your sales team that day to see what sort of price a replacement iPhone 5 would cost on payg.

Since I got a new SIM (Tuesday 5th Feb), I've received seven calls from 08080996746 as of this afternoon - sometimes three in one day.

I picked up for the first time today, and was greeted by a completely incompetent representative. He told me that he was calling from Vodafone, and asked how he could help me - didn't say what department he was from (e.g. sales, customer service, retentions). It seemed he had no reference points, had not read the applicable notes (e.g. he could have said "I understand you were interested in buying an iPhone 5). So this was a complete waste of my time. If your sales team are going to call on this basis, they should at least make it clear they have something to sell. It was completely ineffective salesmanship!

Message 71 of 205 (7,514 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi harotio_nelson

Thanks for your post. The number that contacted you is from Vodafone checking that everything is OK with your service and offering additional services and products.

If you would like us to turn off your marketing preference just reply back to the PM I've sent you.

You can find your PM inbox here

Sukhi

Message 72 of 205 (7,462 Views)
RockenrollaDvd

Re: Call from - (removed for security)

[ Edited ]

hi know what to do

Message 73 of 205 (7,227 Views)
RockenrollaDvd

[ Edited ]
  • paypal
Message 74 of 205 (7,226 Views)
Rank 49: Master III
AnnS

[ Edited ]

RockenrollaDvd wrote:
  • paypal

You could always do what the guy did on the following link. but better just to tell them not to call again.

BBC News Cold Calling

You dont mention whether you answered the call, it could have genuinly been a wrong number.

Ann
Message 75 of 205 (7,221 Views)
mastersuzsuz

I have tried following this link - but it does not lead me to anywhere I can remove my number from 'the list'?

Message 76 of 205 (7,047 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi mastersuzsuz,

We can certainly help you out here but need to take a look at your account. To allow us to do so, I’ve just sent you a PM.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can’t access this link, please ensure that the box next to “Turn on private messages” is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

If you can follow the details in the PM, we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

Andrew

Message 77 of 205 (7,026 Views)
Jewellbags

Hi could you PM me so I can have my marketing preferences changed as well please?

These calls are doing my head in.

Thanks.

Message 78 of 205 (6,788 Views)
AnnieeR

Hi. I would like my marketing preferences changed as well, please. Many thanks in advance for your help.
Message 79 of 205 (6,193 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi Jewellbags and AnnieeR,

No problem! :smileyhappy:

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Jenny

Message 80 of 205 (6,174 Views)