Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
JulieToulsonClark

Can I block calls from unknown numbers? A weirdo keeps calling.Grrr.

Posted from Facebook
After receiving a VERY weird call from an unknown number and a few calls from withheld numbers at weird times I was hoping there would be a way of blocking unknown and withheld numbers. JC :smileysurprised:)
Message 1 of 4 (10,174 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

Re: Can I block calls from unknown numbers? A weirdo keeps calling.Grrr.

Hi Julie

There is no way to block certain numbers or number types at a network level, many handsets can do it such as Samsungs from personal experiences.

Remember if you are neceiving nuicance calls from with helf numbers, call Vodafone and ask for advice as they have a Nuicance Callers Team.  Also consider a phone number change ? Though this does come with a £25 charge.

Good luck and I hope it gets resolved soon for you

Message 2 of 4 (10,117 Views)
Rank 14: Guide III
maxx_gr8

If you are receiving Nuisance calls, I recommend that you do the following:

Upon receiving the call/message, please note the date, time, phone/mobile number and brief details. To assist in the investigation if you are left any voicemail please ensure these are saved where possible. I recommend that you contact 191 so they can log the information on your account and take the necessary action.

Furthermore, if these calls/messages are threatening, they also need to be reported to the police.

Once you have the information as above, you can report it to our Nuisance Caller Bureau. The contact details of Vodafone Nuisance Caller Bureau are as follows, and you can fill up the attached form and send it to them:

Fax: 01635238154
Email: Nuisancecallerbureau@vodafone.com

Cheers!
Maxx_gr8
Message 3 of 4 (10,105 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
DC2473

I have an android phone and use "call filter" to block unknown calls. It's free from the android market and I've had no problems with it. If an unknown number calls, they get a dead line.

I also have Kaspersky mobile security 9 (which came free with my computer anti virus program) . It has numerous programs including anti virus, phone location, data delete facility (if your phone is stolen) and a few other features including known number rejection and sms rejection. If you block a known number, the caller is disconnected upon first ring and their text messages are deleted instantly.   

Message 4 of 4 (9,126 Views)