You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
cadman

Cancel Sim only contract

Hi, i have a SIM only contract for my wifes phone and would like to cancel the contract due to us separating. She would like to also keep her current number ,,, what's the easiest and quickest way of going about this. I understand the calling 191 but, as it's her phone, that option isn't available to me. The contract has been running for over 2 years. Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (3,604 Views)
Rank 23: Tutor II
Myrm

Re: Cancel Sim only contract

In whose name is the contract? If it is in her name then only she can cancel it.

If it's in your name and you are willign to pay the early termination fee (the remaining amount of months tariffs less VAT and minus 2%), then you can call 191, write to VF or hang on here for a VF Rep to assist.

Myrm
----------
DERMY BUD
Message 2 of 6 (3,602 Views)
Teki

images.jpg

Test

Message 3 of 6 (3,596 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Cadman,

Myrm is spot on here but I’d like to make one addition to this by asking if she is looking to change her number to Pay as you go on Vodafone, another Vodafone contract or move her number to another provider?

If you can let us know this as well as the answer to Myrm’s question, we can give you a more in-depth reply.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 6 (3,530 Views)
cadman

[ Edited ]

Hi James, the contract account is in my name - the SIM is in her phone and she's looking to move to another provider i think (Virgin ,,, although when last i spoke to her she said she might remain with Vodafone) and needs the PAC to keep her existing number - basically what i want is the contract ended so can set up her own. I always thought that after the initial SIM only contract was completed (12 months) then it reverted to a rolling 30 day contract ,, which could be cancelled when giving 30 days notice.

Message 5 of 6 (3,236 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Cadman,

You are correct.

If the contract has passed it’s initial commitment period it will continue to run on a month by month basis until upgraded or cancelled.

If she is moving to a different network, we can get the PAC for the number if you contact the team here.

In regards to her moving the number to her own account, we can do this over the phone for you but she will need to pass a credit check and have authorisation on the account (with a password) to complete the transfer of ownership.

Once she has authorisation on your account to do this, she can give us a call from her phone to arrange the credit check and do the transfer of ownership.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 6 (3,185 Views)
Vodafone EuroTraveller
iPhone 6

iPhone 6

Bigger than bigger

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Need more credit?

Top Up

It's easy to top up online.

Vodafone Freebee Rewardz

Vodafone Freebee Rewardz

Earn Rewardz points every time you top up.