Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
KevzJD
Accepted Solution

Cancel my Contract or upgrade phone?

I have a 24month contract with Vodafone. My upgrade is due October 2012. Is it possible for me to either...

A) Cancel my contract

B) Upgrade early

C) Change my phone to a different phone

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (3,502 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: Cancel my Contract or upgrade phone?

Hi KevzJD,

I can answer your questions for you:

1. You can cancel in october however you would be liable to pay for the remaining 2 and a half months of the contract (less a little dicount)
  2. You can upgrade in the final 75 days of your contract, in your case this falls in October, so yes you can upgrade. Note you can upgrade to a SIM only tariff if you didnt want a new handset.
  3. As part of an upgrade you can choose a new handset to go along with your new contract.

Hope that answers them for you

Nabs

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 4 (3,483 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
KevzJD

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately It's not the answer I'm looking for. I would like to end my contract now even though there's over a year left of the contract, or I'd like to change my phone. Is this possible? 

Message 3 of 4 (3,477 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Ah did you mean your upgrade is October 2013?

In that case there are a few options for you:

• Purchase a new handset in full - this could be expensive depending on the handset you want
  • Pay off part of your contract to a point where you can upgrade - this may be costly initially but in the long run could work out cheaper. Note you do get a discount when paying off your contract (-VAT -2%)
  • Take a second line on your account to get a new handset and cancel your first line when the contract end date is reached

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 4 of 4 (3,470 Views)