13-09-2012 06:20 PM
I have a 24month contract with Vodafone. My upgrade is due October 2012. Is it possible for me to either...
A) Cancel my contract
B) Upgrade early
C) Change my phone to a different phone
Solved! See answer
13-09-2012 07:21 PM
I can answer your questions for you:
- You can cancel in october however you would be liable to pay for the remaining 2 and a half months of the contract (less a little dicount)
- You can upgrade in the final 75 days of your contract, in your case this falls in October, so yes you can upgrade. Note you can upgrade to a SIM only tariff if you didnt want a new handset.
- As part of an upgrade you can choose a new handset to go along with your new contract.
Hope that answers them for you
13-09-2012 07:28 PM
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately It's not the answer I'm looking for. I would like to end my contract now even though there's over a year left of the contract, or I'd like to change my phone. Is this possible?
13-09-2012 08:09 PM
Ah did you mean your upgrade is October 2013?
In that case there are a few options for you:
- Purchase a new handset in full - this could be expensive depending on the handset you want
- Pay off part of your contract to a point where you can upgrade - this may be costly initially but in the long run could work out cheaper. Note you do get a discount when paying off your contract (-VAT -2%)
- Take a second line on your account to get a new handset and cancel your first line when the contract end date is reached