You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
darren187

Re: Cancel my contract early

Thank you for the reply Paul,

You have answered my question in full.

Regarding deals, the one I am taking cannot be matched by yourselves, as discussed with a member of your sales team last Thursday, hence my question about canceling.

Regards,

Darren.
Message 21 of 57 (6,080 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
babyangel69er

i would also like to cancel my contract as i cannot afford the contract any more and i never use half of my minutes or texts either could you let me know how much this would be for me

Message 22 of 57 (5,784 Views)
Mike_R

Hi

I'm within my 190 day upgrade window, however it works out considerably cheaper for me to cancel my current contract, switch to PAYG (Retaining my number) then walking straight into any hight street\online phone store and rejoin vodafone with a new deal. 

Works out better phone for free, and generally a cheaper contract with more minutes than i could get through the upgrade process.

I'm happy to go through the 30 day cancellation period but was just wondering if there was an easier way around it to achieve the same end result!!!

Cheers

Mike

Message 23 of 57 (5,776 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi babyangel69er,

Thanks for signing up! Your early termination fee is calculated as your line rental (minus VAT) multiplied by the amount of months remaining. Once you've paid the fee you'll also get 2% knocked off the final amount. If you're looking to budget your outgoings though, we'll be happy to look at upgrade options with you. Why not check out our SIM Only plans too if you're eligible?

Mike_R - I'll be happy to look at an early upgrade with you to save you disconnecting and reconnecting. Simply reply to the email I've sent to you and we can look at tagging the new commitment on top of your remaining agreement at the same rate you've seen on the website (maybe even less if it's not an iPhone!) and avoid the early upgrade fee while we're at it. Be sure to include your chosen plan and phone in your response. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben 

Message 24 of 57 (5,752 Views)
westy121091

Hi there,

I am looking to cancel my contract which i renewed last sept on the blackberry bold 9900. I have had a lot of problems with the phone and wish to change to the iphone 4s but can do so at vodafone, as well as there being better price plans at other companies. Hence, i am looking to find the cost of cancelling my contract.

KR Stephen

Message 25 of 57 (5,321 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi westy121091

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

As this is an account specific query I will need to take a look at your account, to get the ball rolling with this I have sent you a Private Message.

You can find your PM inbox here.

You can work your Early Termination Fee (ETF) roughly by cost of agreement (before VAT) * remaining months and once this has closed 2% will be credited back.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 26 of 57 (5,286 Views)
AdamGoree

Hello there,

I would also like to cancel my contract early. Please could you send me details so that i can see how much it will cost.

Many thanks
Message 27 of 57 (5,260 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi AdamGoree,

Thanks for posting and welcome.

Is there a particular reason why you want to cancel your contract?

So that we can look at this for you, I’ve sent you a Private Message which gives details on how to contact us.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Let me take this opportunity to show you how Vodafone like to say thank you; take a look at VIP.

Cheers

Ian

Message 28 of 57 (5,231 Views)
frank_white_90

Hi I would also like to cancel my contract early, i only have 2 more months left on my contract but the deals i am being offered are too expensive, even though i have been a loyal customer for 2 years. Does this mean i will have to pay for 2 months worth of bills if i cancel early? No other hidden costs? 

Thanks

Message 29 of 57 (5,168 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

Yep, cancel early and pay 2 months line rental (exc vat), plus any outstanding out of allowance calls/text etc...or put your notice in to cancel in 2 months time: pay same and get your allowance to use (if you would still use it)

:smileywink:
Message 30 of 57 (5,166 Views)
Tech Team
Amanda

Hi frank_white_90

Thanks for your post! I’d love to see if I can help and get you the ideal package that you’re looking for.

I’ve sent you a Private Message with details on how to get in touch with us, as soon as we reach your email we’ll get back to you.

Cheers _365_ great advice. :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Amanda

Message 31 of 57 (5,157 Views)
Hi-lo

I cancelled my contract early, I'd just like to mention, which I wasn't told at the time is you, or rather I  had to pay an early cancellation fee of £39.69.

I'm not %100 if that applies to everyone but on my final bill it is described as 'charge for cancellation prior to contract end date'.

My contract was up in march and I cancelled in mid January. I just thought people should be aware of this as I was told I only had to pay for the months left on my contract. They left the early charge bit out. Just ensure that you ask what the full final bill will be before you consider cancelling, don't just let them TELL you!

Message 32 of 57 (5,153 Views)
daviedoughnuts

Hi,

I am currently considering ending my 24 month contract early as it ends in july. I would first like to know if it would be possible to get a price for cancelling my contract early. I pay £40.99 a month and my contract ends July 2012.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank You

Message 33 of 57 (5,031 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

The only way to get an exact figure is to call 191...

As a guide, assuming you still had 4 full months left to pay you would be looking in the region of £120 (but you may already have been billed/paid for Aprils rental, and if your agreement ends on July 1st you would be looking at nearer half that...)

Message 34 of 57 (5,028 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Good Morning daviedoughnuts, 

Welcome to the eForum. :smileyhappy:

I'm disappointed to hear you're looking to cancel your contract, is there anything we can do for you to change your mind? 

As we need to access your account I will need you to email me some details. Please follow the instructions in the private message I've just sent and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. 

All the best, 

Kay

Message 35 of 57 (5,016 Views)
jjj1303

Im wondering if any of the tech team would be able to help me.

I am looking to cancel my contract early. Due to an unfortunate event involving my girlfriend, My jeans and the washer my phone is now beyond dead and as a result I am wondering if it is still possible to cancel early. At the moment I am unsure how much longer I have left on my contract although I have an upgrade window in June. I would call 191 but due to both the phone & SIM cards state, that is pretty much a lost cause.
If anyone could help with this it would be very much appreciated.

Message 36 of 57 (5,000 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi jjj1303,

We can take a look at the account to see what options you have available. If you're looking to end the account so you can arrange a new phone we may also be able to see what our upgrades guys can do for you if you'd like.

I'll send you a PM so we can talk.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 37 of 57 (4,983 Views)
Mowbray94

Hello there, 

My contract runs out at the begining of May this year and I would like to close it as I have been offered better deals elsewhere. Also I have 4 other phones on this businees account, I will be looking to terminate each contract, they are due to end early July. I was wondering if you could estimate the cost of this please?

Thank you,

Michael

Message 38 of 57 (4,830 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi Michael,

Without seeing your account information, we'll be unable to effectively advise you of your Early Termination Fee (ETF). The easiest way to calculate your ETF is to take your core price plan (before VAT and any discounts) and multiply it by the number of months remaining.

If you'd like to discuss your ETF in detail or to see if there are any upgrade plans my team can offer away from the normal sales channels, feel free to respond using the instructions I've sent via private message. :smileyhappy:

Cheers, Ben 

Message 39 of 57 (4,817 Views)
daviedoughnuts

Hi, 

I am currently considering ending my 24 month contract early as I would like a new phone. However I can get it cheaper from another network with more mins and texts. Therefore, I would like to know if it would be possible to get a price for cancelling my contract early. I pay £40.99 a month and my contract ends 20th July 2012.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank You

Message 40 of 57 (4,684 Views)
Vodafone EuroTraveller
iPhone 6

iPhone 6

Bigger than bigger

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Need more credit?

Top Up

It's easy to top up online.

Vodafone Freebee Rewardz

Vodafone Freebee Rewardz

Earn Rewardz points every time you top up.