Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
sian_simms
Accepted Solution

Cancelling Contract

Hi,

I think my contract ends some time in July but I am not sure. I want to cancel my contract with Vodafone but I don't know how to go about it and I am hearing different advice from several people and reading various comments in forums. I want to know what to do about cancelling my contract now and how I can transfer my number to another network. Thanks :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 257 (107,500 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
jeffkinn

Re: Cancelling Contract

You can request what is called a PAC code from customer services on 191 at any time. Once you have decided what network you want to move to you give them the PAC code and that in itself cancels the contract. But remember that you have to pay Vodafone to the end of the contract and the final bill from Vodafone will include the charge to the end of the contract.

However I'm sure one of the forum team will be along to speak to you and resolve whatever issues you have with Vodafone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 2 of 257 (107,453 Views)
sian_simms

Thanks :smileyhappy: That's clearer info than what i've been getting elsewhere so far...

Message 3 of 257 (107,451 Views)
sian_simms

I just rang 191 to ask about cancelling my contract and I found the guy on the phone was very pushy even though I was being blatent that I want to cancel my contract. When I said this to him he said that I had insulted him? Very intimidating when all I wanted was to request my PAC code which I still haven't managed to do after talking to this adviser! 

Message 4 of 257 (107,299 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi sian_simms

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems getting yourPAC.I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

So that we can help you I’m going to send you a private message with information on how to contact us directly.

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 257 (107,282 Views)
Dave_Duck

i am wanting to cancel my contract, i phoned up to try and do it over the phone but got told i hav to send an email, when i tried to email you through to contact us link it said thtre is problems and did not send, how else can i cancel it??

Message 6 of 257 (106,967 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Hi Dave_Duck,

Sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving..

I have provided a link for you to follow in order to cancel your account

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2803&PARTITION_...

Message 7 of 257 (106,959 Views)
Dave_Duck

hi, i have tried that link and it just keeps saying theyres a problem sending that email, any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 257 (106,955 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Dave_Duck wrote:

i am wanting to cancel my contract, i phoned up to try and do it over the phone but got told i hav to send an email, when i tried to email you through to contact us link it said thtre is problems and did not send, how else can i cancel it??

The easiest way to get your contract cancelled is to ask Vodafone for a PAC code.  Port the number out to any network on PAYG, you can always bin the SIM afterwards and, as soon as you use the code, it will generate your final bill as you will no longer have an account with Vodafone.

At least that way, you will know that the contract is cancelled and you even get the option of keeping the number.

Ann
Message 9 of 257 (106,941 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi Dave_Duck,

I can help you with this, but I'd hate to see you leave!

Was there a reason why you're looking to cancel?

I've sent you a PM with some instructions on contacting the team - it doea link you to the contact us section, but there's also another way mentioned to email us directly :smileywink:

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul

Message 10 of 257 (106,931 Views)
Donut_Hunter

Re: Canceling Contract

Hello.

Having searched high and low for a way to cancel my some of my contracts as they have run their 2 year course I decided to ask for a pac code. By error I asked for one which isn't due for renewal till dec. This wasn't a problem until I read this post which informs me that I have inadvertently cancelled the wrong one. How do I rectify this as I will still require this line?

cheers

Donut_Hunter

Message 11 of 257 (106,821 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

have you given this PAC code to a new provider yet? If not then you are OK and just do nothing with it...if you have given it to another provider then its too late unfortunately and you will get a bill for 5/6 months outstanding line rental...

Message 12 of 257 (106,813 Views)
Donut_Hunter

Oh thank god for that !!
Thank you for your help
Cheers
Donut_Hunter
Message 13 of 257 (106,809 Views)
becks1305

I would like to cancel my contract due to finding deals on better handsets with better mins and texts. I have been happy with my Vodafone service up until now so would like to stay with you. I have read nearly all the replies saying you can cancel any time by paying the remaining months but what I was wondering is if there are any other ways of changing contracts without paying this as i couldn't financially afford it.please help. Thanks.
Message 14 of 257 (106,716 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi becks1305,

Thanks for posting.  

We’ve got some great deals available currently and I’m sure we can find you a great package.

Follow the instructions on the PM I’ve sent you and we’ll call to discuss this further.

Cheers

Ian

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 15 of 257 (106,687 Views)
carolj2503

i took a contract out roughly 7 weeks ago and it was the biggest mistake i ever made. I have had nothing but problems with the contract and have found the vodafone team either no help or aggressive in the way im being spoken to. I want out of this contract and want to know if this is possible. I dont want to spend the next 16 months with the company.

Message 16 of 257 (106,261 Views)
Steverun

I have had my contract for 2 months and am absolutely feed up as the signal is very poor where I live and I work from home. The reason I joined vodafone was for the sure signal, unfortunately this worked once and then, stopped, I have had numerous discussions with the technicians resulting in a replacement sure signal box being sent to me. I have tried everything suggested on the forums and wasted hours talking to the customer services to try and resolve but still no signal. I am so frustrated as I keep missing calls and then lose customers when talking to them. Please can some one help me with canceling my contract

Message 17 of 257 (103,954 Views)
Emmap

Hi not sure if I have come to the correct place as I'm new to this forum, I've tried to talk to cs on 191 but they seem to struggle understanding what I'm saying and also I struggle to understand them. I wondered if maybe you guys could help out at all, I took out a contract in feb, I had 2 phones one for me and one for my mum under my name, everything was fine but in May my mum was diagnosed with palliative cancer and subsequently passed away in July. I completely understand that I am responsible for paying the monthly bill and I was not trying to get out of paying it, what I was asking cs to consider was if maybe they could reduce the package to the least amount every month as I can no longer afford to pay £33.50 for each phone, cs recommended that I transfer the contract over to a family member but they already have a mobile contact which they are tied into themselves. Obviously if I could of forseen these events happening I would never of agreed to the contract but I'm sure you can understand these things happen which are taken out of our hands sometimes, I can prove that what I am saying is true,( just so you know I'm not just trying to get out of a contract). Cs have given me £10 credit as a one off good will gesture which I am really grateful for but like I said I really cannot afford to keep paying out the monthly cost for something that I don't use or need anymore. Please can you advise if there is anything that Vodafone can do to help. Thanks for listening
Message 18 of 257 (103,926 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Emmap wrote:
Hi not sure if I have come to the correct place as I'm new to this forum, I've tried to talk to cs on 191 but they seem to struggle understanding what I'm saying and also I struggle to understand them. I wondered if maybe you guys could help out at all, I took out a contract in feb, I had 2 phones one for me and one for my mum under my name, everything was fine but in May my mum was diagnosed with palliative cancer and subsequently passed away in July. I completely understand that I am responsible for paying the monthly bill and I was not trying to get out of paying it, what I was asking cs to consider was if maybe they could reduce the package to the least amount every month as I can no longer afford to pay £33.50 for each phone, cs recommended that I transfer the contract over to a family member but they already have a mobile contact which they are tied into themselves. Obviously if I could of forseen these events happening I would never of agreed to the contract but I'm sure you can understand these things happen which are taken out of our hands sometimes, I can prove that what I am saying is true,( just so you know I'm not just trying to get out of a contract). Cs have given me £10 credit as a one off good will gesture which I am really grateful for but like I said I really cannot afford to keep paying out the monthly cost for something that I don't use or need anymore. Please can you advise if there is anything that Vodafone can do to help. Thanks for listening

Dear Emmap

Really sorry to read about your Mothers illness and that she passed away in July.

I would doubt that there would be anything Vodafone would be able to do to reduce the contract you took out for your Mother, it would still be a valid contract for which you  have made an agreement to pay a minimum amount each month.

If you decide to terminate the contract at least you get a 2% discount and dont have to pay any VAT. If you have a phone which came with the contract, you could consider ebaying the phone and putting the proceeds towards the early termination fee.

The only other alternative, as Customer Services have already suggested, would be to go the change of contract ownership route where all repayment responsibility will be with a new owner.

Ann
Message 19 of 257 (103,890 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

[ Edited ]

Hi there Steverun,

Many thanks for your post about cancelling your agreement.

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type ‘tracert 212.183.133.177’ and press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us find the quickest possible resolution for you.

Hi there Emmap,

Many thanks for your post about your loss. I'm really sorry to read about the circumstances you find yourself in. 

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you. The suggestion from AnnS is the only alternative.

Thanks

LeeH

Message 20 of 257 (103,803 Views)