Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
hazelksh
Accepted Solution

Cancelling contract online

Is there a way to cancel my contract online before it has ended? I have been on hold for over an hour and a half over the last two days and still haven't got through to anyone!
Message 1 of 23 (33,057 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: Cancelling contract online

Hi hazelksh,

To cancel your contract you must give 30 days notice and provide the following information:

• the account name, and account number
• the invoice address
• the mobile number to be terminated
• the date of termination

Ths can be done in writing to:

Vodafone Limited
PO Box 932
DONCASTER
DN4 5XW

You can also do this via email the contact details are availaible on the contact us page.

If you want to take your number to a new network then you can call customer services and request a PAC code, usage of this code will be deemed notice of termination.

Once you have given notice your final bill will be calculated and will include any early termination charge. You will receive this bill 2-4 weeks after your contract has ended and is sent out in the post (your online account access will be removed). More details can be found in the Your Final Invoice thread

Was ther a reason you wanted to end your contract?

Nabs

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 23 (33,013 Views)
MrJD

Hi,

sorry to tack on a comment here. I've literally just started to use the Eforum today so not sure of exactly where and how to post new comments etc.

I currently have 3 numbers with Vodafone on my account but no longer use 1 of them so I am wanting to cancel the one I no longer use. Luckily I know it's at the end of the contract as I am able to upgrade that number. 

Can you give me some help on how I would do this? I still want to keep my other 2 numbers though so it's not a complete account cancelation, just a number deletion.

hope that all makes sense?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Message 3 of 23 (31,690 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Hi there

Just follow the instructions in the post above yours and you will be able cancel your contract for the one number.  Do please bear in mind that just because you can upgrade doesn't mean your contract is at the end - you can upgrade 75 days in advance so you could have up to 75 days remaining on your contract.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 4 of 23 (31,677 Views)
SP2
SP2

Hi,

My contract has expired and I wanted to cancel it. Is there a way to do this without calling 191 as I am not in the UK anymore? Also is it possible to keep my old number by switching to pay as you go?

Many thanks

Message 5 of 23 (27,784 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Hi there

If you wish to terminate your contract, you can give your 30 days notice in writing either by email (using the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page) or by letter. If you send a letter, I would recommend that you send it via Recorded Delivery.  Whichever method you choose, please ensure you include the following information:

the account name, and account number
the invoice address
the mobile number to be terminated
the date of termination
the name of the account owner or administrator
tell us if you need to transfer the number to PAYG

Send your letter to:

Disconnections Department Vodafone
The Connection
Newbury
RG14 2FN

One thing to remember is that if your number has been moved over to PAYG, you will need to keep it active by topping up and making a chargeable call every 90 days otherwise you will loose your number

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 6 of 23 (27,773 Views)
FKavi

how can I cancel my contract??

Message 7 of 23 (26,363 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
jeffkinn

if you read the post above your question you'll see how to cancel in writing. Since that was written the rules have changed and you can now cancel by phone by calling customer services on 191 or using the Live Chat option from the Contact Us page on this website.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 8 of 23 (26,360 Views)
eileenhenderson

I want to cancel my contract but each time i go online to the live chat its either busy or not working. Considering that this is how they told me to do it in the first place i was wondering if there is any email i could contact to get my contract ended.

I have not used my vodafone number in 3 months and my contract end date was last month so i dont know why i would still have to continue to pay for this contract.

Message 9 of 23 (25,919 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
jeffkinn

Contracts do not have an end date. They are minimum term and not fixed term. Once the minimum term has finished it converts to a rolling 30 day contract. You have to formally cancel a contract when you want it to finish. You will of course lose the number.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 10 of 23 (25,915 Views)
dan123456

[ Edited ]

hi can the tech team please help me i phoned up to cancel my contract with vodafone which they did and i paid the early cancellation fee they changed my phone to a pay as you go but now ive got a email saying ive got a bill due how can that be possible if my contract has bin ended thanks my number was (removed for security)

Message 11 of 23 (25,627 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi dan123456, 

We can certainly check this for you. Drop us an email and one of the team will be in touch. 

Details of how to contact us can be found here.

Thanks, 

Kay

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 12 of 23 (25,563 Views)
Hayleybirkbeck

You've said in this post you can write to Vodafone via email and to click on the contact page, I cannot however find an email address to use. Do Vodafone have an email address for customers to contact them as I am also looking to cancel my contract?
Many thanks.
Message 13 of 23 (12,622 Views)
Nabs

Hi Hayleybirkbeck,

The email contact option has been removed recently. I would recommend using the LiveChat serviceor alternatively you can now also cancel by calling customer services on 191.

Nabs

Message 14 of 23 (12,619 Views)
cbush86

I have left the UK and would like to cancel my vodafone contract - I contacted vodafone in October when I left the UK but was informed I could not do it then as my contract expires in February. I have tried the LiveChat everyday for the last two weeks and it always says it is too busy. Due to international costs I do not want to call 191.

How else can I cancel my contract?

Message 15 of 23 (12,599 Views)
Nabs

Hi cbush86,

On of the eForum team can PM you with details on how to directly contact them to arrange cencellation of your contract. 

Nabs

Message 16 of 23 (12,566 Views)
Tech Team
Gemma

[ Edited ]

Hi Hayleybirkbeck and cbush86,

I’ve sent you both a PM with how to get in touch with us direct, please click here to send us your details.

We also have the option of using our Live help.

Thanks,

Gemma

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 17 of 23 (12,521 Views)
Mischabunz

Hi Gemma,

Can I get some help too please? I'm currently abroad and live help doesn't seem to be working.

Can I call to cancel? And is it free to call 191 from outside the UK (Africa) ?

Many thanks
Message 18 of 23 (8,829 Views)
Tech Team
James

[ Edited ]

Hi Mischabunz,

The best way to get this sorted would be to contact our team here.

James

Message 19 of 23 (8,713 Views)
xchristianax

I also need to cancel my contract but can't find an adress to email please cqn you give me a working link asap needs to be done today
Message 20 of 23 (7,559 Views)