Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
allenmead

Changing from Business to Personal Account

If VF carry the phone I want which should be available next month but say only on a personal tarrif, how quickly can I change from a Business contract to a personal contract?

Taking into consideration I can upgrade from 06/08/2011

Or if you don't carry the phone I want, how quickly will you provide my PUK code as I want to retain my number?

Message 1 of 7 (2,584 Views)
Rank 23: Tutor II
Vampfy

Re: Changing from Business to Personal Account

Switching to a Consumer tariff is easy, just specify thats what you want when you upgrade, moving to a consumer account requires forms and 30 days. Which do you mean? And your PAC (Port Authorization Code) can be provided over the phone, so it's all fairly quick these days
Message 2 of 7 (2,571 Views)
allenmead

Not all phone are available across consumer and Business and knowing my luck if the particular phone I want is carried by VF, it will only be on a personal tarrif and not buisness.

What the hell takes 30 days to do, file the A4 sheet of paper I have to fill out, it's nonsense.  If I can take out a new contract and be up and running with a new number within a matter of minutes what's so difficult with changing from Business to consumer?

Message 3 of 7 (2,565 Views)
Rank 23: Tutor II
Vampfy

From memory, there is no "exclusive to consumer" phones, and vice versa. I'm pretty sure all phones Vodafone have are available to business/consumer customers equally (and considering Business and Consumer agents use the same ordering system, it would be very hard for them to separate business and consumer phones).

And honestly, I can't answer your question regarding the time scale. I simply don't know. I do know that the t's and c's say it can take up to 30 days, but if I heard right when I was told, then that's like the sim activations or suspension lifts (can take up to 24 hours, but usually quicker).

IMO, business customers get treated better and have slack rules compared to consumer, I wouldn't switch to consumer if I were on a business account.
Message 4 of 7 (2,561 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

Changing from a Business account to personal should be straightforward enough, my understanding is provided you are not a Corporate customer you won't need a pac code, I would call up and ask to speak to the Transfer of Ownership team to clarify, I would also check with them about upgrades, something in my mind told me that you cannot upgrade for 3 months after this is done, would def check this to avoid disappointment

Message 5 of 7 (2,549 Views)
allenmead

[ Edited ]

It's definitely not a corporate account.  I'm asking as I want to get the HTC Titan as my next mobile and if VF can't be bothered to do it, I'm off.  However, if they are going to do it, I dont really want to change account types or tarriffs.  ( want to keep my number this time).

Getting a little frustrated that VF aparently don't know if they are or are not going to carry it, it's not difficult, it's supposed to be available next month.  Carphone warehouse are, phones4u are and there's one other that will do it on paymonthly than buy outright.

Message 6 of 7 (2,545 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
username8926

Good luck to you...

The problem you are having is what I was faced with about 24 months ago, all I wanted was the supersim 15 retail deal, or an iphone. Vodafone could not decide at the time if they were doing iphone, so I opted for the Sim, this created about 2 weeks of hassle and in the end we were sent to a vodafone shop to do the change, the shop staff had no clue as to what the business unit was telling them and it took in all 2 trips to get it sorted, then they insisted we have 2 free phones...???On a sim only?? So we ended up with 2 phones. Then they managed to swap the wrong numbers to the wrong sim, After a while the bills came in and we were paying 15 plus vat in stead of 15.oo incl vat retail, this took about a year to sort out and now we pay 12.35 plus vat.

International call saver is part of the retail tariff, but about 12 months ago the business started charging me for it, when I challenged it they agreed to give it free but only on one of the numbers. When I checked the bills I have been paying for it all the time since my call.

There a number of other problems along the way......So best of luck to you.

Message 7 of 7 (2,536 Views)