Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
mattysilva101

Changing handset mid- pay monthly- contract

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

I currently have a Blackberry Bold 9790, on a pay monthly contract. I have only had this phone for a couple of months and so far the phone has not let me down. But due to other apple devices I have, I am looking to buy an iPhone 4s so I can use services such as iCloud for work and so on, with my phone. 

So what I am wondering, is that if I buy an iPhone 4s can I get rid of my blackberry but keep the contract, sim and my number but use the iPhone instead of my Bold?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 6 (2,244 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: Changing handset mid- pay monthly- contract

Simply put yes!

You will need to get blackberry services removed from your account and your SIM transfered to a microSIM but apart from that you should be good to go!

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 6 (2,225 Views)
mattysilva101

Thank you very much, but how would I go about this? Just go into a Vodafonestore and say what I want done or?

Message 3 of 6 (2,220 Views)
Rank 9: Helper III
danielp808

Yes, or just call 191 to order a new micro sim posted, but be advised the new iPhone is "possibly" to be announced next month, so if you wait a little longer you may get an iPhone "5" for what you would pay today for a 4s (assuming you mean buying new not used) :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 6 (2,200 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi mattysilva101

Thank you for your posts and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

As long as the device you purchase is a Vodafone handset or unlocked we can transfer your agreement from a SIM to a MicroSIM, although there may be features such as tethering or Personal Hotspot which are features of the specific iPhone tariffs.

We can take a look at an iPhone tariff of the same cost once this has been done, just follow the Private Message I have sent to you, once we have your response either myself or one of the team will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?:smileyvery-happy:

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 6 (2,178 Views)
mattysilva101

Thank you very much for all the advise, much appreciated

Message 6 of 6 (2,172 Views)