You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
steve799

Chat To An Online Adviser

i was on here earlier and a pop up chat window came up allowing me to chat live to an advisor , how do i get this up again as i would like to do it thanks
Message 1 of 33 (43,300 Views)
Rank 49: Master III
AnnS

i was on here earlier and a pop up chat window came up allowing me to chat live to an advisor , how do i get this up again as i would like to do it thanks

Was this when you were on the online sales site.

I believe its after a period of time on the site, where you have the option of speaking to an advisor.
Ann
Message 2 of 33 (43,300 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

Hi Steve799,

We currently only offer this for sales queries, so it might have been the Online store which you saw this on :)

If you have a technical query, simply tell us here and we can answer for you.

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 3 of 33 (43,300 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
megamyles

does the 4GB Micro SD Memory Card work on a vodafone 541

Message 4 of 33 (43,297 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

does the 4GB Micro SD Memory Card work on a vodafone 541

Yes, absolutely! :)

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 5 of 33 (43,297 Views)
busygoddes

can you help me please its urgent i need my phone to work as my little boy is in hospital and i had to change to my new pohone and need my old number wondered how long its going to take and if my phone needs to e on or off thanks kara
Message 6 of 33 (43,297 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
Nick-belfast

can you help me please its urgent i need my phone to work as my little boy is in hospital and i had to change to my new pohone and need my old number wondered how long its going to take and if my phone needs to e on or off thanks kara

I'm assuming you have decided to port your number over to Vodafone as you have indicated you had to change to your new phone and that you need your old number.

Assuming you have started the porting process and given your PAC code to a sales advisor; the port will take approximately 48 hours to complete. You should notice a seamless transition from your old provider to Vodafone. I think I experienced about 20 minutes downtime when I first moved to Vodafone - so it should be completely hassel free :).

You can keep your Vodafone sim card in the phone and leave it switched on. It will find the Vodafone network and you'll begin to receive signal once your phone is fully ported.
Message 7 of 33 (43,297 Views)
catowens

Is the online chat only available in the online store? I used this function the onther day whilst searching through the troubleshooting section.... I need to speak to someone, any idea if it can be accessed via other means? Thanks
Message 8 of 33 (43,297 Views)
SASKID

To anyone who knows, please do feel free to comment on this.

Blackberry 9700 bold with 500mb of internet usage. If i was to connect however to my wireless hub at home (wifi) when i surf facebook (through direct URL, not facebook applications) is this using that 500mb that the contract has dedicated. Or will it leave the 500mb and use the wifi bandwidth?

If you know what i mean.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm just making sure, so i don't go over surfing like mad at home.
Message 9 of 33 (43,297 Views)
Rank 49: Master III
AnnS

To anyone who knows, please do feel free to comment on this.

Blackberry 9700 bold with 500mb of internet usage. If i was to connect however to my wireless hub at home (wifi) when i surf facebook (through direct URL, not facebook applications) is this using that 500mb that the contract has dedicated. Or will it leave the 500mb and use the wifi bandwidth?

If you know what i mean.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm just making sure, so i don't go over surfing like mad at home.

You would be using WiFi and your own home broadband connection which has already been paid for and not making a connection throught the network.
Ann
Message 10 of 33 (43,297 Views)
spyki2k3

i spoke to an advisor in a chat box (which i cant get again) and i had the conversation e-mailed to me so i had a copy of an upgrade offer that we agreed. i am looking to go ahead with this now but cant get the same offer by just clicking the online upgrades. what can i do?
Message 11 of 33 (43,297 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello TheRealDanScott,

Thanks for your post today, we’ve just sent you an email. Please check your inbox for the email. If it hasn’t arrived, don’t worry as it’s possibly been diverted to your spam filter.

If you can fill in all the details and send the email back, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

For anyone else who is looking to join Vodafone or upgrade with us, please see our announcement here.

Thanks

eForum Fast Response
Message 12 of 33 (43,297 Views)
tash123

Re: new contract

hi ive just tried to get a contract phone today

and im still waiting to hear back from my credit rating ?

Message 13 of 33 (29,903 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Re: new contract

Hi tash123, welcome to the eForum!

Can I just confirm that you mean you haven't received confirmation if the credit check passed to complete the order? This check is generally completed promptly, even over the weekend, so we'd need to check what the order status is just in case you haven't been notified when it passed or failed - hopefully the former!

If you were placing the order online, then you'll need to speak to the v-store as we cannot see the details. You'll find the details on how to contact them here.

If you purchased it by phone, then can you confirm exactly what had happened to this point for me, Did the browser crash or stop responding in any way at this point, and have you had any notification since you posted, for example an order reference?

If you have then there's no need to check, but if not then just reply back to the email I've sent and we'll take a look.

I'm sure we can find out what's happened for you.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 14 of 33 (29,841 Views)
darrenh8vodafon

Re: Chat To An Online Adviser

i have called vodafone 3 times to give 30 days notice to cancel my dongle they say its done but it still hasnt been stopped iv emailed spoke to an online adviser and called but still its not stopped . i have called to change my adrres several times still not been changed on ur records and the last person i spoke to online i emailed the conversation to my email address said he would send me a confermation of cancling but suprise suprise iv had nothing . now i no vodafone are usless never do as they say but could some one please help me with what else i can do

Message 15 of 33 (28,912 Views)
Rank 23: Tutor II
Vampfy

[ Edited ]

@darrenh8vodafon - Did you ever receive a confirmation to your email? Like an automated response saying "We've got your email, SLA is 48 hours" ? - Remember, once you press the submit button, there's a second screen with other options and ANOTHER submit button. I've never had any issues emailing.

Message 16 of 33 (28,906 Views)
zigzag404

i am a pay as u go customer and i wanted to unlock my blackberry phone from vodafone network, as i hvae checked the forum and they said i have to contact customer service on 191 which is not free for pay go customers to speak to an adviser and it cost 25 p unlike other providers.why????

Message 17 of 33 (26,664 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi zigzag404

Thank you for your post.

I notice this is your first post so I am a little confused as you mention you have checked with us?

I would love to see if we can get the Network Unlock Code and in order for me to do so I will need to take a closer look on your account, if ypu have had the handset for 12 months we can do this for free, or if the handset is less than 12 months old we can do this at a cost of £20.

You can request your Network Unlock Code using our Unlock Code Request Form.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 18 of 33 (26,573 Views)
trestester

Hi Vodafone,

Can someone please tell me what the domain service provider for vodafone.....

Below is an example of US domain service providers...

US serivece Providers

ATT or Cingular – number@cingularme.com,

number@mobile.mycingular.com,

number@txt.att.com

Message 19 of 33 (25,669 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi trestester and welcome to the eForum

If you’re referring to Email to SMS gateways then I’m afraid this isn’t something that we currently offer. Sorry about that! Maybe in the future it’s something that we’ll look into.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Message 20 of 33 (25,585 Views)