You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
davidwatts1987

Coming to end of contract

I'm on a 12-month contract with Vodafone which comes to an end in the next 5 or 6 weeks. I want to come out of the  contract and transfer my number onto a pay-as-you-go service with Vodafone (which is what I had before getting the contract).

Could someone please tell me:

1. Where I can find the end date of my contract (I can't seem to find it in the account section)

2. Whether I have to inform Vodafone that I want to let the contract to end

3. How I can immediately switch back to a pay-as-you-go service when the contract ends

Basically I want to make sure that my contract doesn't automatically get renewed - I'm not sure if that can happen but I want to make sure it doesn't!

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (4,132 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Re: Coming to end of contract

Hi there

Here are the answers to your questions:

1.  If you use the My Vodafone App, launch it and click on the Price Plan link, your renewal date will be shown on the next screen.  Also a quick call to 191 should be able to confirm the contract end date.
  2.  Yes, you do have to inform Vodafone, otherwise, once the minimum term has come to an end, your contract will continue on a 30 day rolling basis until you upgrade or cancel it.
  3.  When you give your 30 days notice, you can request that your number is transfered to PAYG.

You can give your 30 days notice over the phone by calling 191 from your handset. You can also give your notice in writing either by Live Chat (using the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page) or by letter. If you send a letter, I would recommend that you send it via Recorded Delivery.  Whichever method you choose, please ensure you include the following information:

the account name, and account number
the invoice address
the mobile number to be terminated
the date of termination
the name of the account owner or administrator
tell us if you want the number transferred to PAYG.

Send your letter to:

Disconnections Department Vodafone
The Connection
Newbury
RG14 2FN

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 2 of 4 (4,102 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
davidwatts1987

Thanks for your reply!

On Thursday last week, I gave my notice over 'live chat' and stated I wanted to be transferred to PAYG at the end of the contract (which ends in a month). I was told it'd been confirmed etc and my next bill would be my last, and that I'd receive a confirmation email (which I've not yet received).

A day later, I received a text which said "Thanks for letting us know you were thinking of changing to Pay as You Go. We'll call you from 08080024636 today to confirm next steps. Power To You - Vodafone"

I didn't get a call, although from looking up that number on here it seems the call would've been about feedback and trying to find more options for me, rather than confirming any next steps.

In light of that slightly odd text and the lack of confirmation email so far, can someone from Vodafone please confirm that my request to end the contract and convert to PAYG has been successfully lodged?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (3,593 Views)
Tech Team
Amanda

Hi davidwatts,

Thanks for your post; we can check your account and confirm this for you. :catvery-happy:

If you follow the instructions that I’ve sent you on a Private Message then we’ll be in touch.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Cheers,

Amanda 

Message 4 of 4 (3,524 Views)