Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
cjlc2012

Connection to this number is restricted on this phone.

Hi, well the subject says it all, i try to ring someone and all i get is "connection to this number is restricted on this phone", i've tried ringing 191 customer care but again it doesn't allow me too. Also i can't ring customer care from a landline as i dont have one, im thinking of just cancelling my contract this isn't what i pay for to be honest.

Message 1 of 26 (15,533 Views)
Rank 28: Mentor II
biffo1963

Re: Connection to this number is restricted on this phone.

If this is happening it is because there is some issue, real or imagined, with your account and Vofdafone have therefore restricted it -  meaning that you can't make outgoing calls except to 999.   Have you had any texts from Vodafone about your account ?  Have there been any problems with your bank that may have prevented payment recently ?   If the answer to both of these is "no" then it is still possible that Vodafone have detected an unusual pattern of usage on your account and have restricted it in case someone is carrying out some sort of fraudulent activity.  Have you been abroad, or been making calls to foreign countries lately ?

Also mistakes do sometimes happen even in the best-regulated companies and that too is a possibility.  Whatever the cause though you won't find out unless or until you speak to Customer Services, so really you need to find someone with a friendly landline so that you can call them.   You could wait for one of the Tech Team to come along and attempt to resolve your problem via email(s) but that could take several days and you don't sound as though you want to wait that long ! 

Incidentally I do agree that this isn't what you pay for - they should at least get in touch with you rather than just restricting your account and waiting for them to call you. But that's not what they do, and we as customers have to work with that.   Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Message 2 of 26 (15,523 Views)
Rank 29: Mentor III
Magicman13

"im thinking of just cancelling my contract this isn't what i pay for to be honest."

Might not want to use phrases like that when the main cause of a resriction is Non Payment of bills.

Either that or you have exceeded your spend limit.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento
Message 3 of 26 (15,520 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

[ Edited ]

''Incidentally I do agree that this isn't what you pay for - they should at least get in touch with you rather than just restricting your account and waiting for them to call you. But that's not what they do, and we as customers have to work with that. ''

Thats a bit harsh biffo when Vodafone do contact their customers with text messages for non payment or when there has been unexpected usage and even a phone call where a bill is still outstanding before any restriction is placed on the account.  Vodafone dont cut off the service without prior warning.

Ann
Message 4 of 26 (15,517 Views)
cjlc2012

i have payed my bill but because i changed the first name of an account they class me as a new customer.......why should i pay £25 to change one single name on an account when i'd payed a my bill a week earlier and on time????? and i did ring up vodafone last week when i was told about this, the lets say "dim" woman on the phone apparently said she has cancelled the bill........

Message 5 of 26 (15,507 Views)
cjlc2012

Oh and i did not got any prior warnings from them....
Message 6 of 26 (15,506 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi cjlc2012,

We'll need to get to your account to sort this, so I'm popping you a private message.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 26 (15,500 Views)
Rank 28: Mentor II
biffo1963

Hi Ann,

Yes true,  I'll come halfway to meet you and settle for "harsh but fair."  :smileywink:           It looks from the OP's further posts as though the proper communication didn't happen in this case  -  hardly the first time we have read such things on here, it all seems to be rather hit or miss.

Message 8 of 26 (15,495 Views)
MrRightSA

I changed the name on my account and I have this now. If Vodafone think they're charging me £25 after charging me for three months insurance the thieving ###### they can think again.

Message 9 of 26 (14,765 Views)
MrRightSA

Oh, and they happily took 9 momths of direct debits from my account without saying anything.

Message 10 of 26 (14,764 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hello MrRightSA,

Thanks for your post.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 11 of 26 (14,735 Views)
MrRightSA

[ Edited ]

I spoke to someone on the phone and they said the restriction will be removed within 48 hours. 24 hours in so far without the phone.

Do I get compensation since I pay £46 per month yet I can't use my phone? It's not like I ignored the text for ages, I had 18 hours notice before Vodafone restricted the phone ffs. Does Vodafone not understand people work? All because I needed to "confirm my address", not that the bill wasn't paid or anything useful! Doubt I would get any compensation since I wasn't compensated for being charged for the insurance I never asked for (and told I couldn't cancel until after three months had passed despite not asking for the insurance in the first place!)

Message 12 of 26 (14,731 Views)
MrRightSA

Ok you locked my old thread despite it being a different problem.

This problem was when I wanted it unrestricted before speaking to someone.

The problem from the other thread was after being told my address was confirmed and it would be unrestricted. Lo and behold, two days later and it still isn't fixed. 

Message 13 of 26 (14,698 Views)
MrRightSA

If you're going to be useless and not fix this then I'll just cancel the direct debit and you are actually dizzy if you think anyone will side with Vodafone in this scenario after the continuous and prolonged poor treatment.
Message 14 of 26 (14,690 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there MrRightSA,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately we are unable to help unless you follow the instructions in my PM.

As the eForum does not require you to use any account information to register, we're unable to access your account. Please follow my earlier instructions and we'll be with you as soon as we can.

Kindest regards,

Lee

Message 15 of 26 (14,677 Views)
MrRightSA

I sent an email to you, no reply yet. I hope this is some sort of wind up and you're about to award me with some million pound prize and give me a TV contract or some ######...

As I said in the other thread, I spoke to someone, confirmed the address and they were unrestricting the phone. I received an email this morning saying I had to put another SIM card in and connect to iTunes (Yeah because I have loads of iPhone SIM cards just lying around) or do a software restore. I done the restore through iTunes as stated and tried to call out... "this number is restricted". So I hop back to my email...

[b]"The iPhone has now been unlocked"[/b]

This is a joke right? The moron hasn't just unlocked the phone to any network has she?
Message 16 of 26 (14,654 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi MrRightSA,

I've checked and we do have your email in our email queue to be worked, so we will be with you as soon as possible.

Rest assured you are not being ignored, but we are very popular at present so it's taking a little longer to get to everyone.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 17 of 26 (14,643 Views)
MrRightSA

Do emails get answered over the weekend? My phone being blocked for this length of time is ridiculous, particularly when it is entirely down to the incompetence of the Vodafone employee I got on the phone when I called.
Message 18 of 26 (14,634 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi MrRightSA,

Thanks for your post here.

We do work our email queue 7 days a week however due to reduced members of staff in at the weekend it can sometimes delay our responses to our customers via email however, I can see your email and one of the team will be in touch with you later today.

James

Message 19 of 26 (14,620 Views)
MrRightSA

Thank you James. I was contacted (missed it because I had JUST finished work) but I've replied by email to the Vodafone representative now.
Message 20 of 26 (14,617 Views)