Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
kris1234

Customer service/Vodafone Complaint

Hi

I've been with vodafone business since January and I had a few problems with my account.

Once my plan changed to much higher and the phone had been switched off since there was not enough money to pay direct debit and I was abroad unable to sort it out.  A call to customer service didn't help, they said it had to be sorted out in a store. I went to vodofone store in my town but they said I need to visit the store where I bought the phone. I travelled 17 miles only to find that the business customer manager had day off and anyway I need to pay the outstanding amount first if I wanted to get the refund and my plan back.

It has been sorted out later but it took a little time  and effort (calls and visits in vodafone store) of course MY time and effort! Nevermind I'm very patient person, I thought mistakes happen and no network is perfect and I took even the second phone for my partner from vodafone

But the last issue with vodafone became really disgusting. My last bill was 360.00 (international calls etc. - everything fine with the bills) I called vodafone and asked for payment by instalments - a nice lady said it was ok, we agreed the instalments and she explained how to pay the installments together with my monthly bills. 3 days after the nice conversation my two phones have been switched off - I was 200 miles from home, driving and my partner at school with children, after a few hours she was able to call vodafone service (should I mention the time she was on hold???? over 10 minutes) to find out that the phones have been switched off because the outstanding balance! Again she had to sort it out and was told the instalments had been arranged and everything was fine.

A few days later (yesterday), I got phone call from vodafone service informing me that they were going to switch off my phones because of .... outstanding balance. I was trying to explain but was told that because I was a business customer I had to contact business customer service to sort it out !!! I was angry and what I was able to get from the guy on the phone was 2 days more to pay my bill or sort it out.

The way Vodafone treats its customers is really insulting ! I'll pay the outstanding balance right now since I don't want to be without a phone when I need it.

Is there any difference between quality of the business customer service and personal customer service ? I bet they're both the same as I can't imagine anything worse.

I was trying to find out how to make a complaint about the service but there is no other option as to speak to them?

That's why my post here.

I would like to add the rubbish online "my account page" which loading takes ages, the way I can see my used and left minutes actually I can't see how many landline and mobile minutes left from my monthly allowance but both mixed together - that's why I don't know when I use all my mobile allowance.

"Business Essentials with 1500 minutes, 3250 text, 3000 landline minutes"

Available at the start of this month 4500 minutes

Used from your balance this month

1457 minutes 6 seconds

Remaining

3042 minutes

Can anybody let me know how many minutes to mobiles left since I would like to avoid another high bill this time.

I think it's obvious that I'm fed up whith vodafone yet there is nothing what I can do -  I've been wasting my time with your customer service,  you are making mistakes but I was told I had to pay to end the contract earlier !

Message 1 of 14 (3,951 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Re: Customer service/Vodafone Complaint

Hi kris1234

I can imagine that this has been very frustrating, especially with your numbers being cut off.

As this is a business account, we don't have full access to business accounts, but I would suggest calling the business team on 191 to make sure a full resolution is sorted.

Martin

Message 2 of 14 (3,890 Views)
kris1234

Great joke Martin thanks !

Instead of that I would prefer you ignored my post but that's the way you deal with your customers.....

Message 3 of 14 (3,882 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi Kris1234,

I have taken a look at your details that we have in our email system and can see that you have been speaking with our business collections team this morning regarding your issue.

These are the best people to speak with as they may be able to hold the account for you.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 14 (3,866 Views)
kris1234

Yes I was over 40 minutes on the phone only to find out that it was authomatic system fault not vodafone service !!!

Still I can't be sure your system won't switch off the phones once again (the lady on the phone said everything was fine and it wouldn't happen again  - but the same I was told when I arranged the payment on 29nov, then on 1st when the phones were switched off first time).

When my plan suddenly changed into another it also wasn't a live person's fault but vodafone system ! It looks like a customer can't make a complaint about the system.

It looks like it's me who is insulting since I'm trying to find out why I was told twice that it was no problem with my account but the phones were switched off.

Message 5 of 14 (3,860 Views)
kris1234

It's the 4th time my both phones have been blocked ! This time nobody called me first just the phones have been blocked in the morning.

This time I spoke to 2 ladies, one from customer service said there was outstanding balance and she couldn't find any information about instalments, then I was talking to collections and the other lady said that information about instalments hasn't been put into the system! yet she knew the amount and dates agreed on 29thNov

She said she could only apologies for the mess and that it was the people fault - the system hasn't been updated with the instalments arrangement!

Of course I don't believe I won't have any problems in the future. Vodafone makes me to pay the whole balance today since I have no time, no nerves to waste my time and money to deal with that !

I'm fed up with your insulting customer service ! I was told lies a few times, had an insulting call Saturday evening, was treated as an idiot when a lady from collections said there was no reason for me to worry the phones would be switched off again etc.

I wonder if you treat every customer like that or only those who are not british? Because it seems very strange for such company like Vodafone to treat their business customers like that.

I'm fed up with your site as well - it takes ages to load the pages, it takes ages to find any information (4 days until I got a reply with email address I can send complaint).

Message 6 of 14 (3,832 Views)
Inver

[ Edited ]

I wonder if you treat every customer like that or only those who are not british?

No, its nothing to do with you're being a foreigner, kris.

Vodafone are abysmal on an Equal Opportunities basis. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 14 (3,820 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi kris1234

Thank you for your posts and your feedback is invaluable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor experience you have had and I would love to change your opinion of Vodafone.

I have spoken to the appropriate departments and escalated this through the correct channels.

I have been informed you will receive a phone call today to get this fully resolved today.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Let me know how you get on.

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 14 (3,810 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi kris1234

We are here to help, I understand your frustration however we are unable to do anything if you will not let us.

We have tried twice this afternoon however it appears that it is not convenient to talk, we will try to contact you one more time this afternoon and if this is unsuccessful then we will try once more on Monday.

If you would like our assistance please speak to us and we will be able to resolve this for you.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 9 of 14 (3,804 Views)
kris1234

Hi Dave

As I wrote in my last post it was too much for me - I went online, paid the outstanding balance, my phones were switched on after a few minutes and at that moment there was nothing you could help - thank you for your concern.

I do not wish any calls from vodafone and I won't call them back  - I sent a complaint and I'm waiting for a reply which will show how vodafone treats their customers.

Regards

Message 10 of 14 (3,741 Views)
kris1234

I sent my Full name, account number and both phones numbers with my complaint.

I got the reply pasted below - that's the way vodafone deals with any problem making things more complicated, more time consuming etc.

"Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Services.

At Vodafone, we are very particular about the sharing of account information with the account holders. This is for the security of our esteemed customer’s account.

The details you’ve given do not match our records. For me to access your account and help you with your query, please confirm the security details given below:

- Your mobile number

-  4 digit PIN code 

If you don’t remember your PIN code or there’s no PIN set on the account get back to us with the following details: 

- First line of your address along with the postcode

- Your date of birth

- Your method of payment 

- Vodafone Account number

-Number of subscriptions on the account (please provide phone numbers)

-Three recently dialed numbers

Once I’ve received this, I’ll be more than happy to help. "

I don't have PIN code or I don't remember it. What does mean "recently"?  Recently for the person who wrote the email, recently for me at the moment??  Don't be ridiculous I don't have to answer such a question dealing with a bank!!! 

Message 11 of 14 (3,721 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

[ Edited ]

Hi kris1234

Thank you for your posts.

If the details you have sent in do not match our records then it sounds as though they may need updating, please reply to the email with the correct details and we will be able to check them against your account.

To update your details you can call our customer services team on 191 or you can also update these on your 'My Account'.

The PIN is a four digit number you would have provided that you would easily remember, if a PIN is not set up on your account we can do this for you when you update your details.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 12 of 14 (3,705 Views)
Rank 28: Mentor II
biffo1963

"This is for the security of our esteemed customer’s account."

LOL !!!!     Thesteemedfulness is most terrific !

Message 13 of 14 (3,695 Views)
kris1234

replies from Vodafone:

"

Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Services.

I do understand your concern regarding your payment.

I apologies for the inconvenience caused to you, I regret the level of service you received as this is not the way Vodafone believes in serving its customers.

I have checked your account and I would like to inform you that we have already unbarred your services.

I would request you to please contact to our collection team in order to make any adjustment in your payment. We have do have separate team to handle this concern.

You can always contact to our collection team on 08700 725 625 as they are the best people to help you.

I trust the above information helps. We appreciate your business with us.

Kind regards,"

and the second:

"

I sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience caused to you.

However, I reviewed your account details and can see on 16/12/2011 you made the payments for £250 through debit card and as you made the payments on the same day the bar was removed from your account. However, I would like to inform you that once your account is suspended due to overdue balance then the collection team puts the bar on your account. This decision is solely taken by the collection team with regard to suspend the account due to overdue balance."

They informed me also that to end my contracts:

"I can see that the contract end date for the numberXXXXXXX is 15/01/2013 and if you wish to cancel it before then as per the business policy you need to pay the early termination fee (ETF) and ETF as of today  is for £366.91 and it reduces on daily basis.

For number XXXXXX the contract end date for the number is 21/09/2013 and if you wish to cancel it before then as per the business policy you need to pay the early termination fee (ETF) and ETF as of today  is for £346.48 and it reduces on daily basis."

as you can see it's no sense to talk to vodafone customer service or write complaints!

Now I can try with Ombudsman Services or give up and pay the fees to end my contracts.

Message 14 of 14 (3,608 Views)