Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
rachylou91
Accepted Solution

Cut Off but I've paid!

Dear Vodafone, As a new customer, I expect a high level of service, I set up a Direct Debit and a bill was receieved on the 8th June, a payment was taken from my account on the 15th June and two days later, I get a text to say payment is overdue and my account is being cut off. Very nice but payment went through, I checked my online account and my bank account, both clearly show payment is complete. I suggest you review my account and restore immediate service and send myself an explaination.

Message 1 of 23 (4,498 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Re: Cut Off but I've paid!

Hi rachylou91, welcome to the eForum!

To get this sorted, we'll need to get your account details.

I've popped you an email, so if you reply back with the requested information we can get straight onto this.

I don't want to speculate what's happened without seeing everything in front of me, but rest assured we'll get to the bbottom of this.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 23 (4,489 Views)
EmE83

Can someone please reply to my thread further down the forum, thanks x
Message 3 of 23 (4,485 Views)
rachylou91

[ Edited ]

Hi Dave,

I have not got an email. Please ensure its emailed to either (removed for security) or (removed for security)

Message 4 of 23 (4,477 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi rachlyou91,

The email would have been sent to the email address that you used when registering with the forum. I've also removed the email addresses you've posted for security. Posting such details on the forum may leave you open to receiving spam, something I'm sure you'd wish to avoid.

If you've not received the email by 13:15, let me know and I'll get it resent.

Thanks

Andy

eForum Team

Message 5 of 23 (4,470 Views)
rachylou91

I've replied. Please sort asap

Message 6 of 23 (4,465 Views)
rachylou91

Vodafone are liars - restore me NOW!

Dear Vodafone, I am getting more then frustrated with the lack of customer service I am receiving. If you review my account, You will see, I've sent numberous emails. Summary of whats happened. Signed up for Vodafone - Late May Bill rec'd 8th June DD payment sent 15th June - Confirmed Rec'd 17th June - Text sent to say my bill is overdue and I am due to be cut off 17th June - Checked my bank and online account - Payment was sent and rec'd so no action taken. 20th June - Phone cut off - Several emails sent as my phone did not work 21st June - Finally a reponse, payment was rec'd and cut off due to suspected fraud account - ID checked and phone restored except Blackberry services. 22nd June - Another response - Confirmation of payment - I know I've paid! I want my Blackberry services back. Vodafone has lied to me, They sent me a text to say Payment is overdue which was not the case, It was because you suspected fraud, You send me a lie, You say I am overdue which is untrue and a clear breach of trust. Payment was made, Confirmed several times. Vodafone, For future, If you suspect a fraud case, Why not send a text to say there is a query with your account, Please contact us. That would be true, not a lie and I'd phone you, You sent me a text to say Payment is overdue and a quick check of my bank confirmed this was not the case so I took no action. As anyone would. I suggest you restore my Blackberry services with immediate effect and I demand a manager reviews my case and comes back to me with a suggestion of how Vodafone wants to restore my faith. I have no trust for you. Vodafone and trust do not go. People, Do not trust Vodafone, They are liars and cannot operate a customer services department.

Message 7 of 23 (4,448 Views)
rachylou91

Re: Vodafone are liars - restore me NOW!

I'm still waiting Vodafone, Come along. Time is ticking. Time is money. I have'nt got another week to wait. Please. I've been nice to begin with but I am getting rather annoyed now. Also, Why delete my new thread? Afraid of people knowing your liars? I only told the truth, You sent me a text to say Payment is overdue and that I am being cut off so please pay. I had paid and payment had cleared , Therefore your text was a lie. Suggest a senior manager is informed and deals with this. How do you trust a liar? Would you trust me if I had clearly lied to your face? No is the answer.

Message 8 of 23 (4,429 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Re: Vodafone are liars - restore me NOW!

Hi rachlyou91,

I did attempt to call and speak to you concerning this issue.

As I was unable to speak to you, I've emailed  a full explanation of what's happened to your account, and the actions taken to rectify it.

We didn't delete your other thread, but merely merged it here with your original posts to aid continuity.

If you've any further questions concerning this, please just respond to my email and I'll be happy to call or email you back.

Regards

Trev

EForum Team

Message 9 of 23 (4,415 Views)
JENN1235

Hi,

my phone has been cut off with no reson as to why and no prior warnings to be cut off.. i cant even call vodafone!!!1 i need my phone back on ASAP is there a number i can call from my cut off mobile..i have no access to any other phones.

thanks,

Jennifer

Message 10 of 23 (2,660 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Hi there

Typically a phone is cut off for 2 reasons - the first is a late payment and the second is when Vodafone detect potentially suspicious activity on the account.  In order to find out exactly what is going on, you would need to call 191 from a Vodafone handset or 08700 700 191 from any other handset.  Alternatively, you could pop into your local Vodafone store and they can look into the issue for you.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 11 of 23 (2,654 Views)
JENN1235

Hello,

i cannot call vodafone from my mobile! and i have no access to any other phone and i cannot go into a shop. i really need my phone back on ASAP can someone call me back ?

thanks,

Jennifer

Message 12 of 23 (2,651 Views)
Rank 29: Mentor III
Magicman13

You won't be able to make any outbound calls to any type of number whilst restricted. One of the Forum team can pick this up for you but could take up to 24 hours to reply.

If you don't have access to call 08700700191 from any other number, Go into the Shop section on the website and start to browse, usually a Live chat assistance window will pop up after a few minutes, you can then ask them why the service is restricted and they will advise accordingly.

Suspensions can be applied for any number of reasons, Common causes are.... Overdue bills, High usage, Cancelled Direct debits, returned mail, an so on.

You can check your usage by calling 44555 and selecting option 1 (will work even if suspended) if this is very high compared to normal, you will probably have your answer.

Hope you get everything sorted.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento
Message 13 of 23 (2,650 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there JENN1235,

Thanks for your post.

The information given by the guys here is spot on.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 14 of 23 (2,646 Views)
Magicman13

Also, i'm guessing if your handset is suspended, you are using an internet connection ie Wifi on broadband to post on here?

Broadband requires a fixed landline, so why not just use the landline connected to the broadband you are using?

Message 15 of 23 (2,645 Views)
Rank 28: Mentor II
biffo1963

Magic,

That really doesn't follow at all.  If I recall correctly, although you need a landline in order to have home broadband you don't need to connect a phone, or even possess one,  if you don't intend to use the landline for calls.   If I'm wrong, then I stand corrected !

Message 16 of 23 (2,631 Views)
Magicman13

Thats true, you certainly don't need a handset connected. It was just a thought. The OP may also be using a Wifi hotspot too.

My point being though, Payphones and such are very easily accessible, although not in the abundance as a few years ago.

Message 17 of 23 (2,628 Views)
biffo1963

That's true too !    I have to say though that no-one but a congenital idiot would use a payphone to call 191, knowing that they are in for at least a 20 minute wait before they get to speak to a real person ( and even that's a matter of opinion, lol )

Message 18 of 23 (2,590 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
jeffkinn

It doesn't matter if they're an idiot or not does it. if there is no mobile phone or landline a payphone might be the only other option.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 19 of 23 (2,582 Views)
biffo1963

No I don't think you're getting my drift. The issue is the cost of a lengthy call from a payphone - who takes £20+ into a callbox, not  knowing if even that much will be sufficient ?  You'd have to be totally desperate to spend that much on one call.   Of course if Vodafone actually answered the phone then this would be less of an issue.

Message 20 of 23 (2,571 Views)