Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
CrispThirty
Accepted Solution

Disappointing online upgrade experience

Having spent the last 2 years making do with probably the worst phone ever made (SE Satio), I've finally got to my (not early) upgrade date and I was looking forward to getting shot of it and upgrading to something decent. However, the online upgrade experience has been extremely disappointing

On the upgrade page, when I click on the "View suggested upgrades" button, the "Suggested for you" page contains no phones. If I click on the "Keep my plan" button, I'm offered a choise of only 2 phones and they're both HTC Desire S's in black or red. Changing the filters doesn't give me any more phones. Finally if I click on the "Upgrade phone and plan" button then I do get a choice of 36 phones. However, if I hit the "Select & view plans" button against any of these phones,  I'm given a page with a "No plans found" message.

Can anyone explain how I can upgrade online?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 18 (2,755 Views)
borris1989

Re: Disappointing online upgrade experience

I too have got this same problem. I am not happy at all.
Message 2 of 18 (2,745 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi CrispThirty/borris1989,

If the automated system, I'm confident good old fashioned flesh and bones intervention will help. :smileywink:

I've popped an email down to each of you to discuss upgrading options. As we're not sales orientated, chances are we can also get you a discounted tariff to boot (excludes iPhone, 12 month plans and 30 day SIM Only tariffs).

Cheers, Ben 

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 18 (2,658 Views)
mblake

Hi,

My phone died on Snowdon in poor weather leading our scouts three weeks ago. I had received a text from Vodafone a month ago about upgrading early online so I thought that was lucky.

With the buzz about the iphone 4s I thought I would take the plunge any try an iphone this time. However going on-line just one phone came up. Digging aroud further I managed to get the iphone 4s up but saw there was £35 early upgrade charge and monthly rate was £5 more than for a new customer or with mobile retailers. Given I am paying £25 currently for the same nunber of minutes/texts etc and would also need to pay £199 for the handset its a big jump in monthly costs etc.

I tried 191 and got the automated system which informed me I could speak to an operater from next wednesday. I then tried on Wednesday last week and got the same message - you can speak to someone from Wednesday next week and discuss all your upgrade options! I did so again yesterday and got exactly the same message!

This looks like a system fault and so annoying.

Last night I went on-line again to see if anything had improved. The £35 early upgrade had gone which was good news and it showed £36 a month for 600 minutes etc but £199 handset cost.

This morning through the on-line renewal link in my account the £35 early upgrade is back and the monthly cost is now £41.

What is going on?

The handset cost to new customers is £99.

What I really want to do is speak to someone is find out if/when I can get the phone at £99 at the £36 month per 600 minutes etc but according to the 191 system its always Next Wednesday which never comes! I've been with Vodafone since the 90s but am wondering if its time for a move after this experience.

Michael  

Message 4 of 18 (2,645 Views)
bzv6er

myself too , im well annoyed too
Message 5 of 18 (2,642 Views)
wintonk

Nice to see I'm not the only experiencing these problems with absolutely NO HELP WHATSOEVER from Vodafone.

Come on then Moderators, send all of us disappointed and somewhat angry customers experiencing these continual problems these magical e-mails that supposedly cure all our woes I keep reading about.................

Message 6 of 18 (2,629 Views)
CrispThirty

Hi Ben_H

Thanks for the reply - I also contacted @VodafoneuKdeals on Twitter and have just spoken to a lovely lady who has sorted out a great deal for me.

Thanks,

Chris 

Message 7 of 18 (2,612 Views)
lisa83

hiya i also have been having the same problem, and nobody on 191 seem to want to help me, i got offered a realy good deal but when i got to checkout it just gave me a blank page with vodafone on the top, i have done everything that 191 told me to do, unfortunatley the deal ends today :smileysad: i have just poted a thread before i saw this with info.

Message 8 of 18 (2,527 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, 

I've sent the following people an email so that we can raise an order manually for your upgrades/early upgrades once/if your handset is in stock.

mblake
bzv6er

wintonk

Simply reply with your desired phone and tariff and we'll be in touch. If you've already sent an email response with MMM135 in the subject though, please don't send another duplicate as it's slowing down our responses during this busy time. You need only send another if you didn't get an auto-response from your first reply.:smileywink:

CrispThirty - I'm delighted to hear my team managed to help you out! We look after our customer via Twitter too so if anyone is interested, be sure to follow us! :smileyhappy:

lisa83 - I've responded to your other thread here, glad we could help with the promotional deal on your upgrade too. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben 

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 18 (2,505 Views)
bzv6er

hi ben,

Thanks for letting me know but I went through a much better way by a customer services guy who basically in a period of a week got me and my partner a upgrade phone with full price plan and better service than the stupid online upgrade system which caused loyal customers to pull there hair out .Even my local vodafone shop were absoluely useless and if it hadnt of been for this customer services guy i would of terminated my contract with vodafone but thanks ben.

Message 10 of 18 (2,483 Views)
Brit

I'm having exactly the same problems as everyone on here seems to be!

I have called 191 several times the past days and again they cannot sort the problem.

I am now out of contract and considering moving elsewhere but appreciate you may be able to help.

I have to upgrade online (Nokia Lumia 800 not fussed what colour just need a phone!) to take advantage of an exclusive online deal with Quidco - this runs out on Sunday.

I would be eternally grateful for a swift response.

:smileysad:

Message 11 of 18 (2,412 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi bzv6er,

Thanks for letting us know you got sorted.

Hi munki,

Thanks for posting.

I’d love to see if we can get you a package to suit your needs.

An email is on the way to you. Just reply to that and we’ll be in touch. We’re a small team and are very popular at the moment, so don’t be surprised if it takes a few days for us to get in touch.

Let me take this opportunity to show you how Vodafone like to say thank you; take a look at VIP.

Best Wishes

Ian

Message 12 of 18 (2,396 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
1stcommando

I have had similar issues the last few days of being pushed from pillar to post , told falsehoods and it has ended up costing me a fortune and I still don't have my handset.

I'm completely at a loss for words of how badly my upgrade has been handled

Service Engineer
Message 13 of 18 (2,393 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi 1st commando,

I can see that you have posted your query in this other thread where I am about to reply to you directly.

James

eForum Team

Message 14 of 18 (2,387 Views)
Brit

Ok - I've had enough now. Still cannot upgrade online due to tech fault! Having just spent another 34 minutes on 191 (my 4th call this week) - asking to be put throught to the tech team due to the error that everyone here is having - the 'helpful' assistant insisted he would help.
Having set up a new vodaphone account whilst he waited and I gae him my login name and password for my Quidco account so now have to change all this AGAIN (only to get the same result) I was then told that I would have to go to my local Vodaphone store - 'who may be able to have more luck'. Sorry NO.
My 1 yr old is running a temperature, It's a 72 mile round trip plus parking IT JUST ISN'T CONVENIENT!
I asked if the deal would be honoured by Monday if I could possibly make it to the store then? I'm still waiting for the call-back but the answer will be no as the terms and coniditions cannot be met by Quidco for the £140 cashback.
I'm seriously down trodden with this and had hoped to speak with or have email contact with someone in the tech team about this.... WHAT MUST A CUSTOMER DO?

I have the reference number for my latest call and details of the offer - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONTACT ME before I cancel this contract (already out of contract but second phone is about to come to an end also).

agrhaghraghraghraghraghraghaghraghaghrag - fed up
Message 15 of 18 (2,351 Views)
Del_007

I'm having difficultys upgrading the past 2 weeks online too and i'm finding it quite irritating. Was wanting to do it online for convieniance. Is by phone the only way i take it?

Message 16 of 18 (2,341 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi Brit, 

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, wse're a very small team and in huge demand at the moment!

If you've not been able to place your order by now then it will be too late to obtain the Quidco cashback now - our standard upgrade deals don't offer cashback either I'm afraid :smileysad:

We might be able to help you find a comparable deal though - reply to the email I've sent you and we'll see if we can come up with something to tempt you to stay :smileywink:

@Del_007 - I've sent you an email too - if you're still looking to upgrade we can arrange the majority of it via email, and just call you to finalise the details if you want :smileywink:

Paul

Message 17 of 18 (2,294 Views)
Del_007

Umm,  i replied to the email then got something from customer services claiming they can't help me and to contact you guys...who were the ones that sent me the email. Dunno if i did anything wrong or what, i did do it on the iPad so i could've missed something. Dosen't matter now i guess. I see the online upgrades now work so just ordered a new phone and plan.

I do have one more query tho thanks. My contract end date was January 30th 2012 so i was within my 90 day period. I got this message after i checked out.

"What happens next?

If your contract has already come to an end, your new price plan should start within the next 24 hours. If not, it will begin immediately after your current contract expires. There's no need to do anything, and your phone services won't be interrupted."

Does this mean,  i get my new phone whenever,  i continue to pay my old plan until my actual end date. Then come January 30th onwards i begin my £36 a month plan? Just want to make sure so i know how to budget.

Message 18 of 18 (2,177 Views)