Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
ck23092011

Re: Early Upgrade

Amazing one post on the message board and the problem is resolved by a simple 5min phone call. Phone due tomorrow. thanks Kay
Message 21 of 201 (3,305 Views)
leevan

First time user of the forum!!....please can you help??

As of this morning, I finally qualify for the early upgrade!!....The problem is, the phone i'm so wanting (Samsung Galaxy s2) has a £75 price tag and for some reason, i'm also having problems accessing any of the call plans for the phone (no price plan found) 

Please can you discuss with me any cheaper options regarding the £75 phone cost.....I've been a long-term customer with Vodafone for around 8 years and my monthly bills are usually around £60+.  I've recently lost my previous handset (HTC Desire) and at present, I'm putting up with a budget handset until I can upgrade.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Message 22 of 201 (3,295 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi leevan

Welcome to the eForum :smileyvery-happy: it is always good to see new faces on here.

I am sure that we can discuss all of the offers regarding the Samsung Galaxy S 2. I have therefore just sent you an email. If you can reply back to that we can cover these options.

The team that looks after this are very popular at the moment and will be in touch ASAP, so please don't worry if we don't reply straight away.

Thanks

Martin

eForum Team

Message 23 of 201 (3,271 Views)
ashenshugar

Hi All.

New on here, so don`t know if this will post in the right place... :-/

I have an iphone 3g and have been offered an early upgrade. The suggested ones were all iphone with a large payment upfont for the phone. When i selected to upgrade to a different phone like the Samsung S 2 or HTC Sensation there was no plan offered! It seems like i`m tied to an iphone.. :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 24 of 201 (3,257 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi ashenshugar,

Thanks for your post and very warm welcome to the eForum. It’s always nice to welcome new faces.

I’d love to see if I can arrange an upgrade from our fabulous range of handsets for you.

I’ve sent an email to your registered email address. Hit reply with the information I’ve requested and we’ll be in touch to run through the options.

We’re a small team and are very popular at the moment, so after you’ve emailed us, don’t worry if it takes a couple of days for us to get in touch.

Best Wishes

Ian

Web Relations Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 25 of 201 (3,247 Views)
thegreggster

hello there, am new to this and got a bit confused how to post, and it has ended up here. i am looking to upgrade to iphone 4 but upgrade date is about 5 weeks away and was wandering if i might be able to it earlier as my handset is a nightmare for holding battery charge. iam also intersetd in finding out about sure signal

cheers

Message 26 of 201 (3,231 Views)
Tech Team
Amanda

Hi thegreggster

Welcome to the eForum and thanks for your post! :smileyhappy:

We can definitely look into this for you to see if we can get it to you a little bit earlier.

Take a look here for all the information on our brilliant Vodafone Sure Signal facility, which we can discuss with you directly.

I’ve sent an email to your registered email address, if you could send it back to me with the details requested then one of the team will be in touch shortly.

In the meantime please do have a look through all of our great iPhone packages.

Thanks

Amanda

Web Relations Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 27 of 201 (3,215 Views)
lu1986

Hi I hope someone can help me. 

I have spoken to many different people at Vodafone over the past few months about my Iphone not working properly. I haven't been able to gain internet access for the last two months as my phone finally gave up the ghost and I have had to switch back to a retro 2005 LG. I have been paying for internet access but the best I got off the customer services was that I should wait till today to upgrade because the Iphone 5 will probably be out by then and it would not cost me anything to upgrade whereas it would if I asked for another phone. 

I have tried all day to gain access to the upgrade page and it finally worked. Imagine my horror when it not only costs £55 to upgrade to the IPhone 4 and I get over 250 GB less internet access for an extra £11 per month! 

Please can someone help me sort out this mess! Sorry for the essay but I have such a bad time with phone companies in the past and have never had a problem with Vodafone before. 

Please can someone help me?? 

Thanks

Lu1986

Message 28 of 201 (3,210 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi lu1986,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to the eForum.

I’m disappointed to read about your experiences regarding upgrading and I’d love to see if we can help.

The packages for iPhone4 are set. We need to access your account details so that we can explore all the options with you.

I’ve sent an email to your registered email address. If you can reply with the information I’ve requested we’ll be in touch.

Best Wishes

Ian

Web Relations Team

Message 29 of 201 (3,201 Views)
ashenshugar

Hi, posted on here a while ago about lack of a plan offered with phone i selected for an early upgrade. Was supposed to get a call to sort it out but havn`t heard anything. Thought i would try again on site, no luck. :smileysad:

Message 30 of 201 (3,178 Views)
Ryan_1269

Hello,

Im due for an early upgrade now, found a few phones that I have taken a likeing too, so I go online to upgrade to the phone i want and have be hold, the Phone im after which is the Blackberry 9810 is not available to customers VIA an upgrade, only to those new customers....Very Unfair!

So I then found the Blackberry 9900 very sleek and stylish which i then had a go at upgrading via the link which states - "Upgrade phone and plan to get the deals new customers get" This is simply not the case as new customers can get this phone FREE from £36 p/m when I have to Pay £55 to get this phone via an upgrade.

This is totally unfair, unloyal and a case of who cares about you now your already in contract with us.

Hope you shed some light on this.

Many Thanks

Message 31 of 201 (3,167 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi ashenhugar, 

I've just tried to call but only got your voicemail, we'll try again as soon as possible but I have left contact details in the message. 

Good Morning Ryan_1269 and welcome to the eForum! :smileyhappy:

We'd love to arrange your upgrade, the BlackBerry 9900 is a fantastic handset. We are out of stock at the moment however, please reply to my email and I'll give you a call as soon as stock arrives. 

All the best, 

Kay

Web Relations Team

Message 32 of 201 (3,159 Views)
ashenshugar

Just a short message to say a Very Big Thanks to Ben and the team. After going through a few options I got more than I was looking for and would definitely recommend contacting them regarding early upgrades etc. :-)

Message 33 of 201 (3,153 Views)
gazman69j

hiya to everybody.

just looking for a little help and advice. I qualify for the early upgrade and would like to upgrade my htc legend and price plan. I've tried using the vodafone website to no avail. every time i pick a phone and try to select a price plan i'm told there's none availible. also the choices seem very restricted. Any pointers on the best way to upgrade would be greatly appreciated. cheers.

Message 34 of 201 (3,147 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Good Afternoon gazman69j, 

I'm more than happy to look into an upgrade for you! :smileyhappy:

Please reply to the email I've just sent and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. Could I also ask you to take a look at the handsets we offer so you have an idea of what you're looking for? 

All the best, 

Kay

Web Relations Team

Message 35 of 201 (3,138 Views)
Gawler

Hey Guys and Girls, 

I am coming up to a 6-month early upgrade on 21st November (which just so happens to be my birthday :smileyhappy: ) and am in the situation where my iPhone 4 got smashed 6 months back and have had to use a cheaper phone since. Considering Apple's announcement today and assuming Vodafone have the iPhone 4S from day one (14th October) I am wondering if there is any chance of getting a slightly earlier upgrade? I am looking to pay as little up front as possible, while keeping around the same monthly cost (I currently pay £35 but am willing to go up to £45).

Any help would be much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Many thanks. 

Message 36 of 201 (3,125 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi Gawler,

Sorry to hear your iPhone 4 met a shattered end! I can imagine you're keen to get your hands on something a little less jurassic if you're using an old phone at the moment. :smileywink:

While we don't currently have any details on pricing or launch dates for the iPhone 4S, we'll be happy to look at options for a slightly earlier upgrade with you when the device is in stock. So that we can add you to our contact list, simply reply to the email I've sent down to you so that we can collect your details securely.

Cheers, Ben

Web Relations Team

Message 37 of 201 (3,116 Views)
louisebeams

I wonder if you can help me re upgrades?  I have been with Vodafone forever - over 10 years, we have a family business and now have 4 phones on the account, had a load of trouble last time we upgraded and got sent the wrong phones twice, not helpful!  Anyway now I want to try to upgrade one of the phones to another Blackberry but each time I try to find out when I can upgrade I get told something different, I think that officially the earliest is January but currently one of our team has gone back to using a really old Motorola V3 because they couldn't get on with the new touch screen, another of the Samsungs screen has cracked but is still being used for now.  I am very happy with my own Blackberry but would really like to be able to upgrade the cracked screen Samsung to another Blackberry even if it means paying a bit more a month, would this be possible????  I would like to keep all the business phones with Vodafone but currently one of them might move away if I can't get this sorted out, can you help??

Thanks

Message 38 of 201 (3,101 Views)
Tech Team
Amanda

Hi louisebeams

We’d love to help with this. I’ve sent an email to your registered address, if you please send it back with the details requested then one of the team will get back to you.

In the meantime take a look at our great range of BlackBerry handsets and packages. :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Amanda

Web Relations Team

Message 39 of 201 (3,078 Views)
Rank 12: Guide I
swarren

Hello

Found out yesterday by accident about the early upgrade option online, as I am currently using the very outdated HTC magic was excited about the opportunity of a new phone in a couple of weeks.

I have been looking at what it is available and really like the look of the HTC Sensation, but, it is on the tariff up from what I am currently on, I am really happy with tariff I am using and with my second child on the way in December don't really want to increase my monthly payments, was wondering if as a long time vodfaone customer (Over 10 years) and two phones on my contract whether an upgrade to the Sensation is available on my current tariff.

Please Click Kudos if I have helped you :smileyhappy:

Message 40 of 201 (3,069 Views)