Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
RobynLouise

Early termination of contract

[ Edited ]

Hi I wonder if anyone can be of any help.

I took out a new 24month contract with vodafone in August 2010 and I am not happy with the sony ericsson xperia x10 mini pro I got. I am wanting to go back to a blackberry or Iphone but am not due an upgrade until June 2012 and I can't wait that long with this phone. Just wondered if anyone had any idea of what the cancellation fee is likely to be or how I can find out.

I would actually like to stay with vodafone so even if I could change my phone to something else and pay an upgrade fee.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (3,230 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Re: Early termination of contract

[ Edited ]

You would be unable to upgrade now and to cancel will be very expensive, you will be paying the remaining months line rental with a small 2% discount.

If you would like an alternative phone, it may be a better idea to put the early termination fees towards a new SIM free Blackberry or iphone and try and sell your Sony Ericsson to recoup some of the cost or keep it as a spare phone.

edit, As soon as you have your new phone, providing you wll not be paying less, you will be able to change your price plan and add BIS or change to an iphone plan.

Ann
Message 2 of 3 (3,225 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
RobynLouise

Re: Early termination of contract

Thank you that is what I was originally thinking of doing but was not sure how my priceplan would work with regards to certain features such as the blackberry messenger but I know that blackberry email is already on my price plan.

Message 3 of 3 (3,221 Views)