Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Redno5
Accepted Solution

Early upgrade issues

I have been a Vodafone customer for quite a few years now and constantly get calls from your sales team telling me how good a customer i am (average of around £45 monthly spend for about 6 years or so). A few months ago after a bit of coaxing from Vodafone I started another phone contract for my daughter on a discounted tariff. I was told at the time that as a thank you I could upgrade 6 months early from my main account. However it seems to be not the sort of normal upgrade I am used to. It seems that a significant cost is involved in getting a new phone (Looking at the ETC Sensation) and you have to either stay on the same tariff or a more expensive one!!

Anytime I have previously upgraded it was a time for Vodafone to reward a customer for being loyal and giving some discount. Previously I have been given 50% discount on tariff along with new latest phone.

I have looked at other networks and shops including Carphone warehouse and Phones 4U and they are offering deals far better than Vodafone are showing on their web site.

I am looking to reduce my tariff due to not needing as many mins as I used to and I also would like to cut down on my spending (Wouldn't we all)!!

I would look forward to hearing from Vodafone on this matter

Colin

Message 1 of 8 (2,311 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Re: Early upgrade issues

[ Edited ]

Hi Redno5,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to the eForum.

I’d love to see if we can arrange a fantastic package on the HTC Sensation for you.

I’ve sent an email to your registered email address. If you can reply with the information I’ve requested, we’ll be in touch to chat about the options.

All the best

Ian

Web Relations Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 8 (2,263 Views)
Redno5

Thanks to Ian from Vodafone who contacted me today and helped me with my new phone and package. Great service and a very helpful guy. Looking forward to next week to get my new HTC Sensation!

Thanks again

Colin

Message 3 of 8 (2,222 Views)
joberridge

Similar problems and feel like a very disgruntled misled vodafone customer please read;

I started the contract I have now with a vodafone 360 on an instore customer rep. What a nightmare and what a bad phone.. areal vodafone diaster! Long story short I was allowed to have this changed after it was decided it was damaged and technically not my fault I was then issued with a sony erricson x10 loved it loved it until........a software upgrade started to make the phone overheat. I say it was the software as I had researched this and actually bumped into another customer in store who had the same problem and he also said it was since the software long story short again I was given another phone arranged this time over the phone and didn't have to do it through the insurance. At the time the guy said not to worry too much about the phone choice as I only had three months before I could upgrade. So I have been nursing this htc wildfire with absolutely rubbish storage since.

Basically I want to upgrade read on. Great I thought I can upgrade 12th October what it doesn't tell you is there is a cost involved grrrrrr which I discovered yesterday!! Why does this not show on the upgrade page??-

"You can't upgrade this number right now You can't upgrade just yet. You need to wait until you're eligible to upgrade early - or until your current price plan ends. You will be able to upgrade this number from 12 October 2011" 

Thats it no oh by the way theres a big cost involved in this!! Why is this information so mis leading.

I Guess You could say I have been unlucky in this contract which is why I have now given up on every other make of phone and decided the way to go is an iphone- I admit I was one of those people who said I would never have an iphone!!! 

Its so frustrating as I have more than one contract with you and in our household we have 2 ipad contracts, 5 mobile phone contracts and to protable internets with you.

I understand a contract has to be fulfiled but find it hard to believe there arent options available to minimise or eradicate the additional contract costs???

Message 4 of 8 (2,125 Views)
joberridge

apologies for red writing not sure what happened there!!
Message 5 of 8 (2,120 Views)
joberridge

Ummm strange but It would appear I've now upgraded on a 24month plan plus the 6remaining months for early upgrade, on a £46 PCM contract and no additional costs...email received to confirm this! So dare I say thanks vodafone I look forward to receiving my upgrade to the iPhone 4s!!!!
Message 6 of 8 (2,091 Views)
steveob

hi - i'm new to this forum,but having read a number of posts regarding early upgrades felt obliged to comment.I'm eligible for an early upgrade, according to vodafone,on 21/10/2011 -tomorrow,i,m currently 18 months into my 24 month contract.Having given this some thought,as ideally i didn't want to increase my monthly payment,i decided i might possibly upgrade to the i phone 4s even though it would mean an increase in my monthly payment.I found a deal from the vodafone website that i thought was ok - 24 moths, same contract i'm on now, £36/ month but i'd have to pay £99 for the phone - i was quite prepared to do this. However to find out vodafone then want to charge an early upgrade fee as well,this i find disgraceful. Vodafone are in a win, win situation - they add the remaining 6 months of your contract to the new contract,you then pay this at the increased monthly payment not the original - they seem to forget they're getting an extra 2 years out of you , so much for loyalty to proven customers.Seems to me the only option is to let the current contract run out and move to a different network,perhaps i'll go back to orange or o2,its a shame really as i'm always telling people vodafone is by far the best network,unfortunately connectivity isn;t the only consideration.  regards   steve o'brien

Message 7 of 8 (2,014 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi joberridge/steveob,

I hope you don't mind my answering both of your post simultaneously. I've sent an email to each of you to see what options are available around early upgrade away from the standard automated online service. We should be able to help with early upgrade fees if your accounts are all up to date no problem. :smileywink:

With the current queues for iPhone 4S, be sure to explore every handset in our current range too. It's not the only dual core processor phone we sell. The HTC Sensation and the Samsung Galaxy S II are also extremely popular devices with similar features. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben 

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 8 (1,949 Views)