Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jharrison1991

End of Contract

Hi - I'm approaching the end of my contract and I want to leave Vodafone. Is there anything I have to do (give notice etc) or will the contract just end at the end date? Also how do I transfer my number/unlock my iphone that i've had with you?

Thanks,

Jack

Message 1 of 8 (4,943 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Re: End of Contract

Hi there and welcome to the forum

Is there something that Vodafone can do to tempt you to stay?

If you decide to leave you will need to give 30 days notice in writing in order to be able to end your contract. All the details you need to be able to end your contract can be found in this link. If you wish to end the contract more quickly, just request your PAC code from customer services on 191 and then use that to port the number to another network The contract will end the moment the PAC code is used and it will generate your final bill.

You can request that your iPhone is unlocked by completing the NUC Request form.  I would recommend that you do this before you end your contract / port your number. Please bear in mind that the unlocking of an iPhone takes longer than other phones because Vodafone have to send the request to Apple to action.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 2 of 8 (4,937 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi jharrison1991

A warm welcome to the eForum, it's nice to have you with us.

I can see drey_p has provided you with all the information you need (Thanks :smileyhappy:)

If you have any further questions, just le us know.

Thanks

Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 8 (4,892 Views)
jharrison1991

Thanks for the quick replies/help!

Much appreciated,

Jack

Message 4 of 8 (4,886 Views)
Bunty

Hi

How long before my contract expires can I:

a) serve notice to end my contract at the end of its term (i.e. not go on to a rolling contract at the end of term)

b) request my phone to be unlocked

c) is there a charge for unlocking?

d) does any of the above affect the ability to take my number with me?

Thanks, B

Message 5 of 8 (4,337 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
SynthFG

Unless it's an iPhone vf tend to provide unlocked handsets these days

Your notice period is 30 days

However if you want to take your number with you then you don't need to give notice

simply phone 191 and request your PAC, 

be insistant, it's your right to have it, there will be no charge and nothing will happen with your acount until you actually use it, if you don't use it within 30 days then it expires

Once you have it (usually via sms within a few mins of your call) give it to your new provider when you sign up

Your VF number will port across within a few working days and vf will end your arangement issuing a final bill 

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own
Message 6 of 8 (4,332 Views)
Bunty

Thanks - it's an iphone :/ 4S. Do you know how soon before my contract expires I can get the iPhone unlocked without incurring unnecessary costs? Or can I only do this on the day the contract expires? My contract expires in October 2013.

Also - my Mum has an old non-smart phone (PAYG) and wouldn't want or use a smart phone with data allowance etc. She only wants to make calls and have the texting facility. If I buy her a new phone on PAYG (most new phones seem to be "smart"/have browsing capability) can we put her old style sim into the new phone (assuming same network) and it will still work for calls and texts? Or do all smart phones need a new style sim? If she does have to have a new style sim to get the phone to work in its basic form, can we switch off the data capability on the phone to avoid charges? Therefore only making it capable for texting and calling? Thank you kindly.

Message 7 of 8 (4,327 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
SynthFG

Never had an iPhone, but if you look in the appropriate forum section i'm sure you will find instructions about how to get it unlocked

As for the sim, it should work fine (assuming the contacts are still in good shape) however some phones take micro or nanno sim's these days 

you should be able to get her number swithced to a new sim for free at any vf store if nessicary

Also it's not the sim that controls the data, 

you could put your mum onto a text and web freebee which would give her a data allowance for a month every time she tops up her credit

If she really doesn't want to use data then the best thing to do is cripple the acess points on the phone so it can't use mobile data (instructons will depend on model) and you may want to leave the mms point alone

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own
Message 8 of 8 (4,317 Views)