Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
goodday

End of contract - What happens next?

hello,
my 24 month contract due to expire very shortly. This was my first contract so i dont know what happens at the end of the contract period - do i need to write /email vodafone to officially cancel it or does it just expire? Can i just cancel my direct debit ?

I have sent 3 emails using the contact us pages but havent received any email replies despite advising that emails only are convenient for me currently.
If a forum administrator would like to get involved with an email dialogue that is no problem.
I look forward to hearing from you .
Message 1 of 4 (9,563 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hello goodday

If your contract term expires it would mean your are no longer committed to the deal and can give 30 days notice to disconnect. Your number will not cease to work at the contract end, and the monthly charges will continue until notice to terminate is received, and placed as a request on your account. You can just disconnect the number or request to move to a PAYT number.

If you wish to keep the number, you can upgrade with ourselves, online, instore or over the phone, or you can request a PAC (Port Authorisation Code), which will enable you to move the number to a different network. If you request a PAC, the number will not be disconnected, as it needs to be live to port. The contrat with ourselves ends when the number has been moved to the other network. A PAC code has to used within 30 days of issue, or you will need to request another.

Notice to terminate can be sent by post, I recommend recorded, to the head office address:

Vodafone Disconnection Department
Vodafone Ltd
PO Box 549
Banbury
Oxon
OX17 3ZJ

And it needs to include:

Name
Account number
Mobile number
PIN or password
Signature

Or you can email the same information to our contact us link.

I trust this fully answers your query, but let me know if you've any further questions.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team
Message 2 of 4 (9,562 Views)
goodday

Hello goodday

If your contract term expires it would mean your are no longer committed to the deal and can give 30 days notice to disconnect. Your number will not cease to work at the contract end, and the monthly charges will continue until notice to terminate is received, and placed as a request on your account. You can just disconnect the number or request to move to a PAYT number.

If you wish to keep the number, you can upgrade with ourselves, online, instore or over the phone, or you can request a PAC (Port Authorisation Code), which will enable you to move the number to a different network. If you request a PAC, the number will not be disconnected, as it needs to be live to port. The contrat with ourselves ends when the number has been moved to the other network. A PAC code has to used within 30 days of issue, or you will need to request another.

Notice to terminate can be sent by post, I recommend recorded, to the head office address:

Vodafone Disconnection Department
Vodafone Ltd
PO Box 549
Banbury
Oxon
OX17 3ZJ

And it needs to include:

Name
Account number
Mobile number
PIN or password
Signature

Or you can email the same information to our contact us link.

I trust this fully answers your query, but let me know if you've any further questions.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

Thank you Trev,
I see you have an iphone 4 .
I want an iphone 4 but it seems that for £30 or £35 per month i cannot get 1gb of internet with vodafone but i can apparantly if i switch to three.
I currently pay you £35 per month and would be looking to pay £30 or £35 per month on an iphone 4 contract - what is the very best deal you can offer me to stay with you .
I have just picked up a vodafone magazine today from one of your stores and it shows 1gb data however the website shows 500mb per month

lastly do i need to get my phone unlocked and also what is the exact date that my contract terminates.
if you dont want to post the answers on here please email me
many thanks
Message 3 of 4 (9,562 Views)
goodday

Thank you Trev,
I see you have an iphone 4 .
I want an iphone 4 but it seems that for £30 or £35 per month i cannot get 1gb of internet with vodafone but i can apparantly if i switch to three.
I currently pay you £35 per month and would be looking to pay £30 or £35 per month on an iphone 4 contract - what is the very best deal you can offer me to stay with you .
I have just picked up a vodafone magazine today from one of your stores and it shows 1gb data however the website shows 500mb per month

lastly do i need to get my phone unlocked and also what is the exact date that my contract terminates.
if you dont want to post the answers on here please email me
many thanks
Message 4 of 4 (9,562 Views)