Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
vickyb

Ending Contract

Hey. I rang Vodafone this morning to find out when my contract is over and I was told its the 18th July.

I want to cancel my contract when the time comes, and was told to give 30 days notice, if I gave notice now would that be okay or do I have to do it nearer the 30 day mark?

Also any ideas how much it would cost to end the contract early? My Tariff is currently £33.49 a month. So any ideas how much it would totally cost to finish early would be a help.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (3,032 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
horatio_nelson

Re: Ending Contract

My contract ends on 12 July. I called VF yesterday to get a quote for early termination and was quoted something like £58. So I imagine yours, being due to end a week later, would be about £66. i.e. paying off your 2 months worth of remaining line rental upfront.

For the avoidance of doubt, waiting until 18 June and giving 30 days notice would still leave you liable to pay until the end of the contract; just that on the final day of 18 July, your contract will terminate.

So it's really just a case of whether you want to pay a large sum upfront to be able to leave as of today, or would rather stick to monthly payments and end on time.
Message 2 of 7 (3,026 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts.

I’m disappointed to read that you want to cancel, but we’ll be happy to help if we can.

Just follow the instructions on the PM I’ve sent you and we’ll be happy to call.

Thanks

Ian

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 7 (3,012 Views)
vickyb

Sorry for late reply.

If I rang Customer Services would I be able to be told how much it would cost to end early? I'm not always able to answer my phone you see so I'd rather contact someone then wait for them to contact me

Message 4 of 7 (2,921 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi vickyb,

Thanks for coming back to us.

You can call customer services free of charge on 191 from your Vodafone SIM and they’ll be able to give you this information.

If you would like our help, just respond to the PM I sent and we’ll call. :smileytongue:

Cheers

Ian

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 7 (2,907 Views)
vickyb

Well ive cancelled my contract and had my pac code activated from another network.

I asked on the phone on Saturday 'If i cancel my contract now, how much would I have to pay' and I was told ~£42.39

logged onto my internet banking today and ive been charged £40.44 which is my monthly bill, then im going to have to pay another £42.39 I was told today after I spent 20 mins on hold on my landline.

I argued that I was told the only money to be taken from my account now was the £42.39 and now apparently i have to pay a cancelation charge, and now it can be anything up to £40.

I'm really annoyed, If the toal billing was to be £80 odd then I wouldnt of cancelled straight away, very annoyed

Message 6 of 7 (2,824 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi Vickyb

It’s a shame to hear you’ve decided to leave.

To me it sounds like at the time you requested to cancel, there was already a bill sitting on your account and only the Early Termination Fee was mentioned.

If you would like me to take a closer look for you, please get in touch via the PM Ian sent you.

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 7 of 7 (2,778 Views)