You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
rnorth500

Euro traveler in Turkey

Hi
I saw on the Vodafone website that Turkey is part of the Europe Zone from November and therefore can be used with the europe traveler package.
When I arrived thus afternoon15th December I was greeted with a text stating I would be charged over £1 a minte for calls and that the rest of the world data rates applied. Vodafone have now blocked the internet access as I have reached the rest of world data cap.
What is the truth?
Can i delete the cap on the data roaming and not get charged an exorbitant rate?

I need to use internet connection during my stay and had depended on the information given to me by the Vodafone website.

Please help
Message 1 of 10 (1,696 Views)
Rank 20: Instructor IV
K_FARNWORTH

Re: Euro traveler in Turkey

If you have Eurotraveller enabled you should have received a text stating that you are on Eurotraveller rates, not £1 per minute world rates. You are right, Turkey is now part of the £3 per day Eurotraveller deal.

It sounds to me like you don't have Eurotraveller activated (it's something you have to opt in to) you need to do the following:

To opt in, call 5555 from your Vodafone mobile, or text ADD to 40506

Eurotraveller will allow you to use all your minutes, text AND data included in your package for a set price of £3 per day. Any charge you've incurred before you opted into Eurotraveller will remain though as they're world rates and eurotraveller is optional.

Kayla
If my post helped you, press the 'thumbs up' button :smileyhappy:
Message 2 of 10 (1,692 Views)
rnorth500

thanks for your reply, i have got Euro traveler enabled, and was using it last week in The Netherlands.

I will try to enable it again, just in case there is some glitch in the system.

Message 3 of 10 (1,686 Views)
rnorth500

I texted add to 40506 it confrmed that I am already opted in
Message 4 of 10 (1,683 Views)
K_FARNWORTH

Okay cool, it's strange you've received a text stating £1 a minute, because that is not what Turkey charges, it's now on Eurotraveller, otherwise it's 24.5p a minute I believe.

I think just to be absolutely safe you need to either use the webchat team, or call 191 (or even wait for a reply from the tech team here) to 100% confirm everything is how it looks on your account, they can access it, confirm for definete Eurotraveller is there and working, and double check you're being charged properly. Obviously without access to your account I can't sorry.

Kayla
Message 5 of 10 (1,674 Views)
rnorth500

Euro traveler in turkey not solved

I am new to the forum, but i would expect the etiquette would be that the person posting should be the one to call a problem solved. My issue has not been solved there does seem to be a real problem with Vodafone systems.
Please do not close it until it is solved.
Message 6 of 10 (1,675 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Re: Euro traveler in turkey not solved

Hi there - I have removed the "solved" from your post and merged your duplicate posts together.  It is possible that you accidently clicked on the "problem solved" button - it does sometimes happen.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 7 of 10 (1,667 Views)
K_FARNWORTH

Sorry I don't know how that happened, I didn't flag it as resolved. I'm not sure who has that power.

Kayla
Message 8 of 10 (1,658 Views)
rnorth500

No worries as drey-p pointed out it could have been my big fingers on the on screen keyboard
Message 9 of 10 (1,651 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

[ Edited ]

Hi morth500,

It looks like it may be a hiccup with the email following the change. We'll be happy to check and confirm this.

Click here to get us your details.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 10 (1,591 Views)