You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
chancer35

How Can I Change My Mobile Contract Number

Can anyone help? i need to change my mobile number... i am on a contract.. keep getting lots of call that are not for me and it driving me mad... please can anyone help urgently.. thanks.
Message 1 of 8 (30,529 Views)
Rank 7: Helper I
flagpole

Can anyone help? i need to change my mobile number... i am on a contract.. keep getting lots of call that are not for me and it driving me mad... please can anyone help urgently.. thanks.

you need to call customer services. if you are being stalked or such you can get a crime reference number off the rozzers. otherwise you have to pay.

i would however, if i were you, and it's a new number that has just been issued to you, argue that they should have rested the number before giving it to you.
Message 2 of 8 (30,529 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Claire_V

Hi chancer35

I can imagine it would be driving you mad!

You can certainly change your number, this can be done easily via Customer Services on 191.

Flagpole is correct in saying that, each number is indeed put into a pool of unallocated numbers for a period of time before being made available for another customer. This is usually done for at least 9 months or so before being made available for a new connection.

The person they are asking for, they may just be misdialling their number and ringing your number instead? I can believe it is annoying, if it getting to the stage that it is a nuisance then you would need to report this to us 4 or 5 times when it is the last call that has been received. You would then need to file a nuisance calling complaint to the police and obtain a crime reference number for us to change your price plan free of charge.

I trust this clarifies the issue for you.

Claire

eforum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 3 of 8 (30,529 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
sandy99

what's the fee for a new no?
Message 4 of 8 (30,529 Views)
Rank 49: Master III
AnnS

what's the fee for a new no?

The cost of a number change is £25. If you are getting nuisance calls and have a crime reference number, the number can be changed free of charge.

If you give Customer Care a call, they will be able to make the change.
Ann
Message 5 of 8 (30,529 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello,

I can see that AnnS has offered some great advice. Thanks Ann :)

If you still have any questions please ask and either a member of our team or a fellow forum user will be able to help out.

Regards

Vodafone eForum
Message 6 of 8 (30,529 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Cass02001

Re: How Can I Change My Mobile Contract Number

Why is it free to change your number with O2 yet it costs £25 to do it with you?
Message 7 of 8 (8,450 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Re: How Can I Change My Mobile Contract Number

[ Edited ]

Hi Cass02001,

I’m unable to comment on the different price that you’ve seen for changing a number.

If you’re looking at changing yours and would like us to help, get in touch here.

Thanks,

Andy

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 8 (8,393 Views)