Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
bennyman123

How Can I Check How Many Minutes I Have Left

Hello all how do i cheack the amount of mins and texts i have on my contract phone
Message 1 of 10 (14,014 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Hello all how do i cheack the amount of mins and texts i have on my contract phone

If you have a new contract, your account may yet not be on the system.

If you have online billing, you can get all the information from 'my account'. The 44555 free text will give you your remaining minutes and last bill date.

Customer Services (191) are always very helpful.
Ann
Message 2 of 10 (14,014 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello

Thanks for your post on the eForum. Help with your question can be found at the below link.

How can I check how many minutes I have left.

If this doesn’t answer your query then please let us know and we’ll get a member of the eForum team to further investigate this for you.

Regards

Vodafone eForum
Message 3 of 10 (14,014 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
oslingsby

How come it can take up to 72 hours for the call and sms data to be updated on the 44555 service?
It updates immediately for pay and go, why not for contracts.
Message 4 of 10 (14,014 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
cjheron

Something I have always wondered my self!
Message 5 of 10 (14,014 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi oslingsby

Thats a very good question!

The pay as you go network has an added part called the PAM which tells the network if you have credit or not. So, you make a call and your phone connects to the PAM which checks if you have enough credit and then auth's the call. So the pay as you go network needs to be in real time to cope with this issue.

The Contract billing system works slightly differently. The billing files are sent to the the billing system in 10MB chunks from the MSC (Switching Centre) and the calls are then processed over night.

This is why there is a difference in times between Pay as you go and Contract. The reason why you may see a 72 hr delay is that sometimes it takes longer than one night to process all of the data, on especially busy days like results day or New years.

I hope this clears things up for you :)

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 10 (14,014 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
Randall8686

this was the same when i was with O2 so dont worry its not a voda only issue. for myself its not really a problem as i dont go over on mins but now i have a N900 i am keeping an eye out on my MB's so use a app as thats real time
Message 7 of 10 (14,014 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Mo.Shef

The whole 191 then option 1, 1 etc and 44555 use totally (edited). For some strange reason in December whe I use to wait for the text reply of my allowance I use to get it couple of hours later or a day later. Due to that my bill has been extremely high because of the inaccurate allowance system. Never had a problem with this until December 2009.

Never going to return to Vodafone. Contract is nearly up so going to a different company probably T-Mobile or O2.
Message 8 of 10 (14,014 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andrew_V

Hi Mo.Shef

I am sorry to hear that you feel so dissatisfied with the service you have received from December 2009 onwards. Can I ask, did you report this fault with our network support for them to investigate? The reason why I ask is because unless we are made aware of it, we wouldn't be aware of it and so the issue may be prolonged.

I finally want to say thank you for your post, it's just a pity we won't be seeing you around the forum for too much longer.

All the best,

Andrew
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 9 of 10 (14,014 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Mo.Shef

Hi

The problem has been resolved. Contacted customer support and explained the whole situation and got it resolve. Thank-You :D
Message 10 of 10 (14,014 Views)