Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
garethmueller

How To Check Number Of Minutes (business User)

Hi there

I've just switched from Orange to Vodafone. I have 600 minutes a month on a 12 month contract.

Vodafone has some advantages over Orange in the fact that I no longer pay 1 pence for delivery reports, and I can switch voicemail on and off without having to phone up the help centre.

However, I cannot find a way of checking my remaining minutes. I've tried calling 44555 and it says, "I'm sorry we're not able to see how many minutes you have left because the phone you are calling from is a business or company phone."

I spoke to someone about this and they advised I could register and view my minutes online. I have registered and created an account but cannot see such an option (maybe my account is too new?)

In any case it's not exactly convenient. I mentioned that often I am out and about and want to check my remaining minutes. The solution was to check them before I go out. My response to that, is that I might as well make all my calls before I go out and not bother with a mobile :lol:

Is there really no way I can check them?

Many thanks in advance
Message 1 of 9 (13,699 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
mavericke

There is a way to check and that will be to call 191 - option 1 - option 1. Vodafone will send you a text message regarding your latest usage. Sometimes it will take 72 hours before your account usage is updated especially if you have made calls while you are in a foreign country.
Message 2 of 9 (13,699 Views)
garethmueller

There is a way to check and that will be to call 191 - option 1 - option 1. Vodafone will send you a text message regarding your latest usage. Sometimes it will take 72 hours before your account usage is updated especially if you have made calls while you are in a foreign country.

Thanks for your reply - I tried 191, option 1 and then option 1 and it put me through to an actual person. I have been advised there is no way for a business customer to check their minutes other than to go online or phone up and ask manually :(
Message 3 of 9 (13,699 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Daz_V

Hi there MrCarrot,

This is really odd! I will need to have a word with the team about this, as I was unaware that 44555 was unavailable to business customers.

In the mean time, Online Billing and via 191 will provide the info you need.

Will get back to you when I know more!

Daz

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 4 of 9 (13,699 Views)
garethmueller

Thanks for your reply Daz. Someone did mention it's because I have two products - a mobile phone and a mobile broadband dongle. The theory is that 44555 doesn't know which product I am calling about. I'm not sure if this is true or not. If this is the case, I am wondering if I could move one of the products to a totally seperate account to get round this problem?

Thanks

MrCarrot

Hi there MrCarrot,

This is really odd! I will need to have a word with the team about this, as I was unaware that 44555 was unavailable to business customers.

In the mean time, Online Billing and via 191 will provide the info you need.

Will get back to you when I know more!

Daz

eForum Team
Message 5 of 9 (13,699 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi MrCarrot,

To be honest, it's news to me as well that 44555 doesn't work for business customers, I will check this with Daz when he's back in the office though.

You won't need to move one of the products to a separate account though as you'll be able to check your unbilled useage via our My Account service, it won't show this until your first bill has been created though. After this it will work correctly for you.

George
eForum Team
Message 6 of 9 (13,699 Views)
garethmueller

This is getting a bit daft now. I'm still totally in the dark as to how many minutes I have remaining each month. I can't set a counter on my phone because I simply won't remember to reset it each month.

I can phone up and ask manually but it takes a good 5 minutes or more each time. I'm also advised that I can check online, but whenever I do this the information is not available within my account.

Surely it can't be that difficult to provide an automated way of viewing your remaining minutes each month? Although it might seem trivial it's making me want to go back to Orange the minute this contract expires.
Message 7 of 9 (13,699 Views)
stratosure

I am also a Business user and cannot make the slightest sense of why I cannot dial a number to find out my usage - I have gone through the same experience being told that I have to call and speak to someone to get my usage in minutes - or go online (that's proving a bit of challenge unfortunately).
It is inconvenient going through that process and takes up time too.
It is something that would weigh against renewing a Vodafone contract when surley it's so simple to allow this....?!
Although I'm quite new to Vodafone - I am surprised more people are not chipping in on this topic - a bit worried about that.
:wacko:
Message 8 of 9 (13,699 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
MattyD1

Hi MrCarrot and stratosure

Sadly I'm going to be the bearer of bad news here.

There is no way to keep track on the phone of how many minutes or texts you have used or have left.

However, you can get this information by registering for online billing. You will find information about your inclusive minutes in the Company Billing section, under Unbilled Calls. or you can call your customer services team for an update of your minutes used.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

MattyD

eForum team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 9 of 9 (13,699 Views)