Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
latou
Accepted Solution

I only wanted 1 iPhone and 2 contracts, and I'm stuck with 2 iPhone and 3 contracts...

Hello,

Last summer I ordered online an iPhone 4 and I was waiting for some kind of confirmation for some days. I didn't receive any, so I thought that something have gone wrong during the processing, and I placed a second order, just to find out at the beginning of July that I had 2 contracts running when I checked my bill, on top of my original contract that runs for the last year or so!!!

I received my handsets from the stores I was about to receive them (first from Dover, second from Bath Spa), and I kept and keep paying for all 3 of them, allthough I use only the 2 of them. The second was for my fiancee who also wanted the iPhone, and the third contract is not needed (the one that I applied for again when I received no confirmation), but I keep paying for it as I didn't have the chance to terminate it...

What can I do in order to lower or cancel the not needed iPhone contract? I know that as a YPL it "can't" be lowered, but I believe that it was not my fault completely, and I was told in store that as my 3rd contract (the unwanted one) was running, I could not decline to pick my handset from the store, as I was going to be in a situation with no handset and 24-months commitment!!

Please help me to resolve this issue, as I cannot stand it financially anymore. I can pay the £110-130 pm for the 2 lines I use, including any other charges, but I cannot make it anymore for the ± £200 that I pay now. And please have in mind that I cannot afford to make an one-off payment of about £900 to end it early. I just wonder if I have the chance to lower it and stick with the 24 months, or terminate it and make a financial agreement with Vodafone. Also note that I had to pay an extra for the iPhone on both cases!

Thanks in advance,

Aris

All TRUE wisdom is found on t-shirts. Period.
Message 1 of 10 (3,157 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Woody

Re: I only wanted 1 iPhone and 2 contracts, and I'm stuck with 2 iPhone and 3 contracts...

Hi latou,

So that we can assist you further with this matter, I have sent you a email requesting a few quick details off you. If you can get back to us with these, then we can take a closer look at this for you.

Woody

eForum Team

Message 2 of 10 (3,125 Views)
latou

Re: I only wanted 1 iPhone and 2 contracts, and I'm stuck with 2 iPhone and 3 contracts...

Hi again,

Although I confirmed by email the security details on the 6th, I still had no call back. Can someone please advise on that?

Message 3 of 10 (3,102 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi latou,

I've just checked our email queues and can't see that we received your reply. Can you resend the reply please and we'll be with you as soon as we can?

Cheers,

LeeH

eForum Team

Message 4 of 10 (3,098 Views)
latou

Thank you, LeeH,

Just forwarded my original email from my @me.com address (same as the one I am using here)

Message 5 of 10 (3,090 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi Iatou,

Apologies that we haven't been back in touch yet. I have your email in my queue and i'll be getting back to you this afternoon.

DaveN

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 10 (3,086 Views)
latou

No worries, it's been a busy time for everyone :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 10 (3,073 Views)
latou

My circumstances were not accepted, Vodafone didn't really mind if I have financial difficulties and I am not able to keep up with my payments, and it seems that I will have to get some money, make a lump payment and get out of Vodafone as this was a really unfair treatment for a loyal customer.

In the meantime, Orange accepted to offer me what Vodafone declined; a temporary account freeze for 6 months in order to be able to sort out my finance and start paying again, so porting out to Vodafone seems to be a good solution....

I'm very sorry to say that this was very dissapointing from Vodafone...

Message 8 of 10 (3,041 Views)
Rank 23: Tutor II
Vampfy

latou, I'm confused here.. You've known about the additional 3rd contract for a while now, since July you say.. Why did you not get it cancelled off when you noticed the error? There would've been a much greater chance of getting it corrected at that time.. Not trying to be rude, but I am very confused regarding this.
Message 9 of 10 (3,024 Views)
latou

Certainly I don't accuse you of being rude; it's normal to be confused as it is a pretty messed-up situation.

I got some misleading info from the store about cancellation period, and I said then "ok, let's keep it going". Now I faced some financial difficulty, and if course I didn't ask to cancel a contract 6 months later with no charge. Even if it was partly a fault of the store. Also have in mind that I received a sealed parcrlforce bag, and did not sign a contract in store, as it was a vstore order with collection at store instead of posting at home...

Now what disappointed me is that Voda do notrecognisr my overall loyalty and payment history, when I ask to freeze my contract for a period of time, as orange did for me.

Once again, I do not ask to cancel; I asked for a temporary freeze and VF saud no and iffered a repayment plan; like I wasn't paying already!!!! And the store said that they could not cancel it, ax it was tsken from v-store and they acted as the "middlemen" to pick up the handset...

Message 10 of 10 (2,998 Views)