07-05-2012 02:44 PM
Wow, I've had fun with Vodafone lately, let's go over it:
- Call to get PAC, am offered to match quoted price of £30 per month, so like a fool I take it.
- Phone arrives, refurbished model, unacceptable to me when I wasn't informed.
- Contract turns out to be for £31, not £30.
- Returned phone immediately, Friday 27/Apr
- Royal Mail confirm delivery Monday 30/Apr
- Rang to confirm receipt and request contract cancellation Wednesday 2/May
- Promised cancellation within 48 hours.
- Rang again Friday 4/May, promised call back Saturday 5/May.
- Sent email Saturday 5/May, promised reply 6/May.
- 7/May, received reply:
Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Services. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. This reply is in regards to your query about bill.
I have checked your account, and we have provided you the discount of £0.83 so your bill comes to £30. The discount ends on 22/04/2012. As per your concern about wavier of final month’s line rental, we are sorry to inform you we won’t be able to provide that.
I trust the information I have provided is helpful.
Fantastic, so you've not even apologised for lying.
I've cancelled my direct debit, let's see if a public complaint gets a response faster than your '24-hour' email response.
And stop lying.
Solved! See solution
07-05-2012 03:15 PM
Just to let you know if you have cancelled your direct debit all you will get is a default on your credit history which will harm your credit rating! I strongly advise against doing this!
Also as this is account specific, one of the Vodafone Team will have to look into this one for you. They work on a first come first serve basis so sit tight they get in contact as soon as they pick up your post.
07-05-2012 03:23 PM
Thanks very much for your time on the phone this afternoon. I can confirm that a resolution has been put in place.
It's a shame to see that you've decided to leave Vodafone on this occasion, however we'd like to think that you'd consider us again in the future and I wish you all the best with your new provider.