Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
cmjrees
Accepted Solution

Keep me waiting some more....

Wow, I've had fun with Vodafone lately, let's go over it:

• Call to get PAC, am offered to match quoted price of £30 per month, so like a fool I take it.
  • Phone arrives, refurbished model, unacceptable to me when I wasn't informed.
  • Contract turns out to be for £31, not £30.
  • Returned phone immediately, Friday 27/Apr
  • Royal Mail confirm delivery Monday 30/Apr
  • Rang to confirm receipt and request contract cancellation Wednesday 2/May
  • Promised cancellation within 48 hours.
  • Rang again Friday 4/May, promised call back Saturday 5/May.
  • Sent email Saturday 5/May, promised reply 6/May.
  • 7/May, received reply:

"""

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Services. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. This reply is in regards to your query about bill.

I have checked your account, and we have provided you the discount of £0.83 so your bill comes to £30. The discount ends on 22/04/2012. As per your concern about wavier of final month’s line rental, we are sorry to inform you we won’t be able to provide that.

I trust the information I have provided is helpful.

"""

Fantastic, so you've not even apologised for lying.

I've cancelled my direct debit, let's see if a public complaint gets a response faster than your '24-hour' email response.

And stop lying.

Message 1 of 4 (1,834 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: Keep me waiting some more....

cmjrees,

Just to let you know if you have cancelled your direct debit all you will get is a default on your credit history which will harm your credit rating! I strongly advise against doing this!

Also as this is account specific, one of the Vodafone Team will have to look into this one for you. They work on a first come first serve basis so sit tight they get in contact as soon as they pick up your post.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 4 (1,823 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
cmjrees

Well, just had a call from a sympathetic advisor, so it's nice to see that someone cares!

Thank you for sorting this for me.

Message 3 of 4 (1,820 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi cmjrees

Thanks very much for your time on the phone this afternoon. I can confirm that a resolution has been put in place. 

It's a shame to see that you've decided to leave Vodafone on this occasion, however we'd like to think that you'd consider us again in the future and I wish you all the best with your new provider.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 4 (1,816 Views)