Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Lferg07
Accepted Solution

Liars

Why are your sales team a bunch of liars?

Earlier on, I tried adding another line to my account though webchat.

I know my bill was due, but when I first ordered it was not explained to me that my account had to be paid up to date.

I called you back because I wanted to change the colour of the iPhone that I ordered., and I was told that my account was in arrears, and that if I made the payment today, the order could go through.

So fast-forward to half hour ago, I paid the outstanding balance, and now I've been told that my account has to be paid on time in the last 3 months.

Why wasn't this explained to me earlier?

I know that my bill has to be paid, which I duely obliged. But now you're telling that I can't have the phone for another couple of months?

Forget it.

I'll just get another line off another network.

Your loss, not mine.

If I wasn't tied into this contract for another 18 months, I'd be cancelling the whole account.

Message 1 of 8 (2,357 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Re: Liars

Hello Lferg07,

Many thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you think we're liars. I can assure you we're here to help and to try and put the record straight.

Tell me; how have we lied to you? Is it that the second line you were attempting to take out was not honoured since your payment was overdue? Do you feel we advised you to make the payment in order that we could process your order?

I can only assume this was an oversight on the part of the advisor and for this I apologise.

I'm afraid that we're unable to amend this policy and secondary lines will only be accepted if you have a clear, recent payment history. That's unless you've already been approved for further lines.

Kindest regards,

Lee

Message 2 of 8 (2,258 Views)
Lferg07

I emailed the post to you, and the response I got this morning was that even though my payments have been made on time in the past couple of months, now I've got to wait another 3 months before I can add another line.
Why? I'll have paid the 3 consecutive bill on time by the end of this month, yet I've got to wait another 2 months before I can add a line.
At the end of the day, I'm offering you money. And after the iPad I had off you the other day, I'll be giving you nearly £100 a month. It just don't make sense.
Message 3 of 8 (2,232 Views)
Tech Team
Ian_C

Hi Lferg07,

Many thanks for your post.

We’ll be happy to look at your account and if need be speak to our credit vetting team regarding approval about an additional line on your account.

I’ve sent you a private message with details of how to contact us if you do need any help with this.

You can find your PM Inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Let me take this opportunity to show you how Vodafone like to say thank you; take a look at VIP.

Cheers

Ian

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 8 (2,221 Views)
Lferg07

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I'm starting to get somewhere! :smileyvery-happy:
I'll keep you posted.
Message 5 of 8 (2,199 Views)
Lferg07

[ Edited ]

Just tried to add the additional line, and it appears you have moved the goalposts. Again.

Not happy.

Message 6 of 8 (2,083 Views)
Tech Team
Amanda

Hi Lferg07

I’ve arranged for one of our team to give you a call today to discuss all the details. :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Amanda

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 8 (2,065 Views)
Lferg07

Thank you very very much for all your help. :heart:

Message 8 of 8 (2,058 Views)