Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
SamGoodliff

Lost my contract phone

Hi,

I recently lost my Samsung Galaxy S2, I have about 7 months left on my contract are there any options available to either upgrade early or pay off the remainder of the contract and take out a new contract with a new phone.

Thanks

Sam

Message 1 of 7 (2,830 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Re: Lost my contract phone

Hey there

Sorry to hear about your phone.  Yes you can pay off the remainder of your contract in order to bring forward your upgrade date. Call 191 or 08700 700 191 and they will be able to confirm the exact amount.  As a guide you'll pay for the remaining months of line rental without VAT and less a 2% discount. 

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 2 of 7 (2,824 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
SynthFG

Have you had the sim barred and the phone blacklisted by voda

you are still responsible for the cost of all calls etc made until this is done

as for replacing

Have you looked into making an claim on insurance, either device specific, home contents or through a premium / student bank acount 

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own
Message 3 of 7 (2,808 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
SamGoodliff

Yeh I phoned vodafone and had the phone blacklisted and the sim barred. I have read that paying off a contract you need to give them a months notice is this still the case? I just want to pay the current contract off then take out a new one, is it worth going into a vodafone store tommorow and sorting it there?

Will they have: -

- iphone 5 in stock ready to take away?

- the capablity to create a new sim card with my current number on?

Or is it all easier to sort over the phone?

Message 4 of 7 (2,793 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
SynthFG

TBH if that is the way togo then I'd wait for the e-forum team to get in contact tommorow, 

they will send you a PM on these forums with a link to the contact us form on this site and a routing code to be included in the subject line of the message,

this code will ensure that your message goes to them, 

they will then be able to contact you through a number that you will give them and sort you out

in my experiance the e-forum team offer a much higher level of service than is available in store or through 191

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own
Message 5 of 7 (2,774 Views)
M_M
Rank 20: Instructor IV
M_M

Hi SamGoodliff,

It does not require 30 days notice to pay off your contract and take out a new contract with a new handset. You can do it in store but you might need to call 191 from there to pay the termination fees out but you will walk away with the handset from store. Or you can sort it all over the phone to 191 and the handset can take 3-4 working days to arrive or wait till someone from the eForum team pops you a private message to sort it for you :smileyhappy:
My post helped ? then please click the Thumbs Up button! :smileywink:
Message 6 of 7 (2,769 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi SamGoodliff, 

We'll be happy to discuss the options with you. Please follow the instructions in the private message I've just sent. Once we have your email a member of the team will be in touch.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Thanks, 

Kay

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 7 (2,733 Views)