Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
osirisrt
Accepted Solution

Number change help

[ Edited ]

Hi

I would like to possibly change my number, for personal reasons, and I understand there is a fee attached to this for doing so. (cant remember off the top of my head, something like £20 or something?).

What I would like to know is how this is done? Is the number changed from Vodafones end and I still continue with my same sim etc, or will I be sent a new sim? If it is done from Vodafones end, how long does it take to change the number and as I would have to give out my new number to old contacts, would I be informed when the switch from old to new had occured? Lastly, the charge for doing this - is it an immediate required payment, or would it be added to my next bill ?

Thanks in advance for any help :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 7 (13,096 Views)
Rank 49: Master III
AnnS

Re: Number change help

[ Edited ]

Hello osirisrt

Give Customer Services a call, they will instantly change your number to one of the system for a charge of £25.00 added to your bill and you use the same SIM card with the new number.

As soon as you change your number, your account will be on proratered up to the date of your billing cycle and you will be charged one months line rental in advance.  You will also see a credit for line rental paid in advance for your previous number before the change.

Ann
Message 2 of 7 (13,090 Views)
millatomlinson

I changed my number yesterday and was told that it may take up to 24 hours for my phone to be working again. It has now been longer than 24 hours and it still says 'emergency calls only'. I rang up customer services and they told me to take the battery out then the sim and to put the battery in and load my phone up without the sim. Afterwards they said to put it all back in. I've tried it all several times and nothing seems to be working.

Can you please suggest something to get my phone back working as it really needs to be on by tomorrow!

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7 (9,629 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi millatomlinson, 

A number change shouldn't take more than 24 hours to go through - it's usually done in minutes so something could have gone wrong here.

We'll need to take a look at your account and see what's happened so I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

You've mentioned in your post that this needs to be sorted by today - if you send us an email using the instructions in the PM you'll get an auto response, post the reference number from it and I can chase this for you.

Alternatively, if you can't email us straightaway it might be worth calling customer care on 191 from any Vodafone handset or 08700 700 191 from a land line.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul 

Message 4 of 7 (9,580 Views)
ashwal17

Hi, I have recently taken out a new contract with Vodofone with a view to cancel my existing one as i wanted a new phone before the contract expired. once i have my new phone is it possible to cancel the existing contract but transfer the number to my new contract?

thanks for any help you can give!

Message 5 of 7 (2,610 Views)
Rank 49: Master III
AnnS

ashwal17 wrote:

Hi, I have recently taken out a new contract with Vodofone with a view to cancel my existing one as i wanted a new phone before the contract expired. once i have my new phone is it possible to cancel the existing contract but transfer the number to my new contract?

thanks for any help you can give!

You wont have any problem cancelling your existing contract but will need to pay any early termination charges.  Before you cancel, ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG or you will lose the number.

Transfer to your new contract by following the link below.

It's easy to transfer your number

Ann
Message 6 of 7 (2,604 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi ashwal,

Welcome to the eForum.

The only way to keep your old number is to cancel it, but request keep it on PAYG. You can do this via 191 or Live help.

Once it's on PAYG, you can then port it over to replace your new number.

It may take up to a month for the port to complete, so please bear this in mind before you start. :smileywink:

Many thanks, Ben

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 7 (2,603 Views)