Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Terryw1989

Pay Monthly Contract Issues

Mods, please move to the relevant place if you like, I couldn't find the correct sub forum.

I got a contract phone on Thursday, its the Sony Erriksson C510, with 200 minutes, unlimited texts and a internet browsing package (unlimited fair usage at 500mb). The price is just under £28 per month.

Now, the phones internet capabilities are very slim yet I am paying for a internet package. The minutes are seriously low and to be honest the phone isn't what I had hoped for.

I felt rushed into the purchase and am not too sure if it is what I want. What options do I have to either cancel, change the phone or something on my package? It has been 2 days since I took the contract out.

Regards
Terryw
Message 1 of 10 (2,760 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Mods, please move to the relevant place if you like, I couldn't find the correct sub forum.

I got a contract phone on Thursday, its the Sony Erriksson C510, with 200 minutes, unlimited texts and a internet browsing package (unlimited fair usage at 500mb). The price is just under £28 per month.

Now, the phones internet capabilities are very slim yet I am paying for a internet package. The minutes are seriously low and to be honest the phone isn't what I had hoped for.

I felt rushed into the purchase and am not too sure if it is what I want. What options do I have to either cancel, change the phone or something on my package? It has been 2 days since I took the contract out.

Regards
Terryw

Terry

If you got the contract through a Vodafone Store, they no longer have a returns policy for the handset.

If you got it online or through telesales, you have 14 days to change your mind.
Ann
Message 2 of 10 (2,760 Views)
Terryw1989

Terry

If you got the contract through a Vodafone Store, they no longer have a returns policy for the handset.

If you got it online or through telesales, you have 14 days to change your mind.

Thanks for the reply.

I purchased it in store.

Is there anyway I can cancel say the internet package and up the minutes?
Message 3 of 10 (2,760 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Thanks for the reply.

I purchased it in store.

Is there anyway I can cancel say the internet package and up the minutes?

Terry

The quickest way would be to give 191 a call, they would be able to adjust your price plan and help you.
Ann
Message 4 of 10 (2,760 Views)
Terryw1989

Gave them a call, at first they changed me to 600mins an Ultd Texts without a internet package, £30
Their first offer was 300mins and Ultd texts for £30 and no internet.

I then spoke to a nice guy and he said my best option would be to cancel my contract on Tuesday and then start again from scratch by giving them a call and go through a load of packages to suit be better.

I did feel pushed and rushed in store when purchasing which I am not happy about.

Anyone have information about cancelling my contract within 14days?
Message 5 of 10 (2,760 Views)
Rank 7: Helper I
flagpole

you have no right to cancel within 14 days. this only applies to distance sales. ie over the phone and the internet.

I know you say you felt pressured and i sympathise, but you did agree to it and you are an adult. :( 600min and unlimited texts seems like an ok deal to me for £30
Message 6 of 10 (2,760 Views)
Terryw1989

@flagpole, indeed it is a OK deal with good minutes. However the phone is not so good.
It is the C510.

I was told on the phone (191) and he said I could go in store, cancel it and open a new contract as the phone isn't great for what I'm paying.
Message 7 of 10 (2,760 Views)
Rank 7: Helper I
flagpole

well as far as i'm concerned you have no legal right to do this unless there is information displayed in the store to indicate that you do or if the sales man told you that it would be ok. but there is no harm in asking is there. give it a go. soon as you can.
Message 8 of 10 (2,760 Views)
Terryw1989

Having been on the phone for a while, there has been lots of things going wrong.
I was on the wrong price plan to begin with, they couldn't change me to another price plan. In the end I spoke to the manager and got what I was after, he offered it due to all the mistakes made prior. Lovely lady she was.
Still got this phone though...
Message 9 of 10 (2,760 Views)
Administrator
Administrator
JD

Hi Terryw1989

As annzing and flagpole mentioned, there isn't a 14 day return period in stores. The C510 is a great phone though, check out the dedicated C510 help page to help you make the most of it.

Have a great bank holiday weekend.

Cheers

J
eForum Team
Message 10 of 10 (2,760 Views)