Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
twafik
Accepted Solution

Porting my number from T-Mobile to vodafone

Hi,

I want to port my T-mobile number to my vodafone pay monthly contract for the Blackberry Curve. The problem is that I have had the Blackberry for a year now and I am on a 24 month contract, I was using my T-mobile phone as well, but I do not want it anymore, but would still like to retain the number. Would it be possible to port it to my vodafone contract?

Many Thanks!

Twafik

Message 1 of 7 (4,794 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
redpages

Re: Porting my number from T-Mobile to vodafone

Hi,

If you've got an existing number on a Vodafone contract then it'd need to run the course of the contract (or you could buy the contract out and cancel it). You wouldn't be able to port a number directly over the top of it.

If you wanted to port a number in you could do it on a new connection (the number can still be on the same account as your existing number is on - you'd just have two numbers). More information here.

Message 2 of 7 (4,786 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

[ Edited ]

If your Vodafone contract is already up and running, you would be unable to port your TMobile number onto the contract as your Vodafone number will already be tied into the contract and you cannot port into an ongoing contract.

You would need to terminate your Vodafone contract paying the 12 month early termination fee and you would then be free to transfer your TMobile number to a new contract.

Alternatively, you could take out a second contract with Vodafone with the TMobile number and then cancel your present Vodafone contract when it expires in 12 months time.

If you know of anyone who would like a 12 month Blackberry Vodafone contract, you could always do a change of ownership and transfer all responsibility for the present contract.

You could also put your TMobile number onto PAYG to keep the number and take out a new Vodafone contract in 12 months time with the number.

Sorry Redpages, I was typing the same time as you.

Ann
Message 3 of 7 (4,781 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
RobT

[ Edited ]

Fill the form in at vodafone.co.uk /keepmynumber

That's what I did and its working great!  Dunno why the others say this can't be done!

Message 4 of 7 (4,743 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

There does seem to be a bit of confusion about this one, but I understood now that an external port in (i.e. from T Mobile) could not be done at any point in the life of your Vodafone Contract through an in life porting team, perhaps a Moderator can clarify, the number I think 08080 945 945 and then one of the options ! 

Message 5 of 7 (4,735 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

It cant be done because its an established contract and the Vodafone number is committed to the contract until it is terminated.

If it was a new contract (less than 30 days old), there would not be a problem porting in a number.

Ann
Message 6 of 7 (4,724 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
RobT

I used the form on that webpage to port in 4 months through my contract.  It went through fine. Happy customer.

I know the wepage says 'for customers who were advised of the service when purchasing their phone' but all I'm saying is I just did it and it worked.

Message 7 of 7 (4,706 Views)