Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
tomjpercival

Putting a 'cap' on contract bill

I don't want to go over on my contract and as a new customer I don't know if or how you can do this, can anybody help me with this?

Also when will my first bill be taken from my DD?

Message 1 of 4 (11,453 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Re: Putting a 'cap' on contract bill

Hello tomjpercival

It is not possible to put a cap on a monthly contract but it is easy to keep track of your usage through your online account or from the free 44555 text.

There are some previous threads on the forum asking this question which will give you further help and information.

Ann
Message 2 of 4 (11,425 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
SynthFG

On a side note

whilst it is not possible at the moment, the regulator was last week making noises that if the mobile operators didn't voulentarily introduce a capping system, they would look to impose one,

Expect the ability to cap to be rolled out soon,

For now if you are really concerned about capping your monthly costs PAYG is the  way to go

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own
Message 3 of 4 (11,421 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi tomjpercival

Thanks for your post and welcome to the eForum :smileyhappy:

As AnnS correctly points out we're unable to place a cap on your monthly bill so that your usage doesn't exceed it's pay monthly allowances. However there are a number of alternative methods to check your bills and usage as well as various notifications informing you if you're about to exceed your allowances for data and roaming.

Firstly, you can call 44555 free from your handset and you'll be sent a text with your up to date usage. You can also monitor your usage via My Account. My Account is also the place to view your online bills and your direct debit debit details. You can also make changes to your account from here.

Finally, if you have an iPhone, Android or BlackBerry device you can monitor your usage via the My Vodafone app which can be found free in the relevant application store for you phone.

If you have any further questions please let me know. 

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 4 (11,375 Views)