Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
kodiplod
Accepted Solution

Remove Blacklist

Hi, i got a phone from you and its imei is blocked and is blacklisted. It is the google nexus s. can you remove it from the blacklist register? Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (6,632 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Re: Remove Blacklist

[ Edited ]

Do you mean Vodafone directly sold you a phone which was IMEI blacklisted when you received it new ?

It is very unusual for a phone to be blacklisted straight out of the box.  

Ann
Message 2 of 8 (6,618 Views)
kodiplod

Hi, no i got it from an online company which was on a Vodafone traif.

Message 3 of 8 (6,611 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Which online company was that ? 

Phones would only be blacklisted is they have been reported stolen, lost or are the subject of an insurance claim.   Due to data protection, Vodafone would be unable to give you the reason for blacklisting the IMEI and the onoly person who would be able to remove the blacklisting woud be the person who made the request for the block.

You need to return to the online site who sold you the phone and make sure you get you money back. Dont stand for any nonsense, as soon as you have your money back, they will get the phone back.  If the phone should be stolen, hopefully the rightful owner will get their property back.

Ann
Message 4 of 8 (6,594 Views)
kodiplod

basicaly the phone got lost, and i received it back today. they no longer want the phone and said i dont need to do antyhing. but they wont remove the blacklist. 

Message 5 of 8 (6,582 Views)
Rawry

The "Emergency calls only" where the carrier is meant to be?
I had that problem, just call up Vodafone on 191.

I was on hold for like 15 minutes until I got through to the Claims/Whatever department.
Just tell them your info, and they will remove the Blacklist.

It can take up to 48 hours, mine took about 36...

If the phone was signed in your name, and you have your security info ready, then it won't be a problem.

There's nothing they can do through a forum though. So you need to call them up.
Message 6 of 8 (6,552 Views)
kodiplod

hi, oh really? what should i say then? and at the moment its not blacklisted, i can still use it etc. But a request has been made by the phone company i got it from. Could i do it through email? Thanks

Message 7 of 8 (6,537 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi kodiplod,

Thanks for posting, I know this must be quite an annoying issue.

At present, the Nexus S is still showing as Coming Soon, so we don't even stock this device just yet. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to remove it from the Blacklist unless it was purchased directly from us. I would definitely recommend contacting the person who sold you the device, as they will need to arrange its removal from the blacklist.

George

eForum Team

Message 8 of 8 (6,496 Views)