Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
rinasubba11

Sick of overcharged bills and nonsense charges...

Dear Sir / Madam

I am one of the loyal customer of voda phone and have been since long time but now since Jan my bills are always over charged with extra charges.

That is not enough and you'r customer service(on phone) people are also not very helpful, I have trying to shout this out since long time ago and ring them when ever they take the over bills amount from my account but they always promises me that this time it is going to fix but NO . Every them I ring different people but I have  same problem and I am tired of complaining and ring them they keep u on hold than and our waiting time start for how long god knows.

Do you take this matter seriously as this is not my problem ? It happen since long time ago but till Jan they have shout it out and now since Jan 11 I have always payed more and more, I think u understand as with out work it is hard for me to keep on happening this to my account.

I kindly request u to please please shout this matter out and please refund my money to my bank account. If not please suggest me what can I do to get my money back. If u want than I am happy to speak to the lawyers to shout this out.

My contract is  always £10 per month but I have been payed more than £20 to £38 And it has since January 11.

Hope to hear you soon .

Thank you

Rina

Message 1 of 20 (4,586 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Re: Sick of overcharged bills and nonsense charges...

if you are incurring extra charges every month it may well be that your usage of the phone has changed and you are using more than your allowance.. if that is the case then it would be better to see if you can get a tariff that suits you better, am sure customer care would be able to help you out with your options..

Message 2 of 20 (4,584 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi rinasubba11

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum.  It's nice to have new people around here. :smileyhappy:

I am sorry to see that you believe you are having issues with your monthly charges. :smileysad:

It's not possible for me to comment on these charges, without firstly looking specifically at your account and usage. In order for me to do this, I would need to get some further information from you, so I have sent an email, to your eForum registered email address, to facilitate this. If you can kindly complete and return this, I will be able to assist further in this matter.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Message 3 of 20 (4,558 Views)
rinasubba11

Thank for the suggestion but I do keep on eyes on my usages but when ever i speak to suatomer service people different people say different things about my account and so confuse. :smileysad:
Message 4 of 20 (4,525 Views)
rinasubba11

yes pls i will do that
thank you
Message 5 of 20 (4,525 Views)
pod11

I am having exactly the same problem, where my bill began at only £30 a month it is now going over £40, and Vodafone have been charging me the processing fee EVERY month since i began my contract which i was angry to discover two months go, when i called the customer services they said that would stop, only re-imbursed me for that month and then proceeded to chanrge me for this fee again for the following months. i am really not happy with the service which i am recieing from Vodafone, and I am now counting down the days until my contract is over, when i can switch to a new network

Message 6 of 20 (4,516 Views)
Rank 22: Tutor I
Jebelious

never once had an issue with a bill, where do the extra charges show on your bill then under call charges or SMS/Data?

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below
Message 7 of 20 (4,491 Views)
rinasubba11

Thank for the mess Now i  know that I am not only one who is suffering this all. I am too counting down, when my contract is going to finish and get rid of all head ach.

Message 8 of 20 (4,474 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi rinasubba11,

I can see that Martin has reoplied to your most recent email earlier today regarding your ongoing issues.

If this is not yet resolved, please contact us back by replying to the email as we cannot discuss the account here in public, but we are determined to see things resolved for you in full.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 20 (4,468 Views)
Jebelious

[ Edited ]

Reminds me of someone i know, they were under the impression that their contract was supposed to be £20 p/m and nothing more! What she failed to realise was that she was replying to MMS messages as an MMS and being charged for them, she also tried to blame Vodafone however it was clearly her fault.

As soon as she knew where the charges were coming from she still failed to do anything about it and continued to be billed i believe that after removing her APN for MMS and was prevented from creating any more this stopped her from being billed ( at least she has not complained about it to anyone recently)

Things i would check:
08 numbers are charged on a mobile 
MMS messages are billed
Data outside of your bundle is charged
Roaming is charged, different charges if you have Passport on your account.
Going over your bundles
Purchasing items from live!
Subscribing to reversed charged text messages
Sending messages to services such as the BBC (you are charged the full price per SMS they do not come out of your bundle)
Radio station short codes

It may be worth signing up for my account to monitor your usage, i always check every so often to make sure things are in order and stuff is not appearing on that shouldnt :smileytongue: 

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below
Message 10 of 20 (4,464 Views)
guest58

Would like the E forum team to get back to me please guest58
Please see my message of April 22
Message 11 of 20 (4,430 Views)
rinasubba11

Hi 

YEs i Do but voda phone say my rental is £40 p/m which is not true i am on£10 p/m not £40. i have told tham many time i don't use any net nor any kind of extra buying i know u would say by accidendtly it would  had happen but not. IF you  speak with customer serice than  different people say diferent thing some say it  is £30 and some say it  is £40. I try to shout this out  many time they always assure me that my account has fix but again same problem again when i ring same ting and have start again same thing again and again ,they will say that my account have fix but not.

I don't think £40 for nokia c6 is worth it, if it would be £40 than i would choose iphone or something else which is worth it for money.

Still I havent fix my account as I am trying to get my contark in written so that i can keep it and know when and how long my contark is for than stop it.

Message 12 of 20 (4,405 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

when you originally took out your contract you would have  received a welcome letter from Vodafone that contains the cost of your price plan, allowances and also when your contract ends.. you can also use the online account to keep track of your usage

Message 13 of 20 (4,398 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi Guest58

Welcome to the eForum

I've just sent you an email so we can look into this for you.

If you can reply back with the details we need and we will be in touch.

Hi rinasubba11

If your still having problems please reply back to the email you have and we can help further.

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team

Message 14 of 20 (4,376 Views)
rinasubba11

No I haven't received any thing in written that is why i have been asking them to send me written contra. As it was done over the phone and i trusted voda phone .

Message 15 of 20 (4,330 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi rinasubba11,

Many thanks for your post today.

I have been through your account and can see everything has been corrected regarding your bills, both past and future.

I have emailed you confirming this.

If you have any further queries regarding this matter, as it's account specific in nature, please reply to my email.

Kindest regards,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 16 of 20 (4,321 Views)
parglewoorpa

I, too have become sick of being overcharged every month

I get charged for data which I never use, never will use and never have used. The Vodafone reply was that smartphones log on to hotspots automatically so charges apply!......NICE TRY......my phone is not a smartphone as Vodafone have not upgraded me for about 24 months

I get charged late payment fees when Vodafone's automated payment service will not take my payment. Last time, I tried about 100 times to pay with many of the calls showing on my call log yet Vodafone said i still have to pay the late payment fee.

Recently, the CS tried to say I was overcharged for going over my call limit....with about 280 minutes left!!! Then when they called me on my landline, the customer rep kept interrupting me, talking over the top of me and not listening to the truth about the overcharging, saying I had been overcharged ONCE when Vodafone's own bill records clearly show this happens almost every single month.

Today, i went in to the local Vodafone shop to pay the full bill, including overcharges, just to get away from them and change to another network, the shop refused to take my payment so I am still stuck with their garbage service. Also, I get no recompense for vodafone blocking my service due to their faulty systems so I lose about three days service every month and get nothing for it

Reading this forum, it is obvious that vodafone make a habit of deliberately trying to steal money from their customers.

I demanded that the data charges be removed about 16 months ago so vodafone kept on charging me for data then tried to make out they were doing me a great favour by refunding money they had tried to steal.After about a dozen arguments, vodafone finally stopped charging me for data I do not use, never have and never will.

Even the online complaints supervisor hung up on me. Gives me about 30 seconds to reply with full details then cuts off because she did not get an immediate answer

Message 17 of 20 (829 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi parglewoorpa

Have you checked what you've been over charged for online?

If you get in touch here I'll be happy to take a closer look at your account and confirm the charges.

Thanks

Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 18 of 20 (803 Views)
parglewoorpa

Re: Being overcharged each month. Have spoken customer service - nothing has changed

YET AGAIN, I HAVE BEEN OVERCHARGED...VIRTUALLY EVERY MONTH FOR WELL OVER A YEAR. EVERY TIME I MANAGE TO GET SOMEONE TO SPEAK TO, NOTHING IS EVER SORTED. I HAD TO TAKE MY ACCOUNT OFF DIRECT DEBIT AS I COULD NOT AFFORD VODAFONE STEALING FROM ME EVERY MONTH, SO I GET CHARGED FOR PREVENTING THEM STEALING THROUGH THE BILL. WHEN I EVENTUALLY GET MY BILL CORRECTED, VODAFONE CHARGE ME A LATE PAYMENT FEE BECAUSE THEY TAKE SO LONG TO GET THE BILL CORRECTED AND MY SERVICE BACK ON YET I GET NOTHING FOR THE LOSS OF SERVICE CAUSED BY THEIR THEFTS. TWO MONTHS AGO, I TRIED ABOUT 100 TIMES TO GET THE BILL PAID BUT THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM WOULD NOT TAKE A PAYMENT, THE BILL HAS A RECORD OF MANY OF THE CALLS BUT I WAS ALSO TRYING TO GET THROUGH FROM MY LANDLINE AND ON THE COMPUTER. YET AGAIN, I CANNOT GET THROUGH ON THE COMPUTER AS VODAFONE ARE STILL TRYING TO FIX THEIR PAGE...ABOUT A YEAR NOW! I WANTED A PAC NUMBER BUT THEY WILL NOT SEND ONE. LAST BILL I TRIED ALSO TO PAY IN THE VODAFONE STORE BUT THEY WOULD NOT TAKE IT, PRESUMABLY BECAUSE I SAID I WANTED A PAC, TOO.ALSO, I HAVE NOT HAD AN UPDATE FOR MANY MONTHS, OR A REVIEW OF MY USAGE SO I JUST WANT AWAY. DOES GOING TO OFCOM WORK OR DO YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH VODAFONE'S NON-EXISTENT CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS SYSTEM FIRST?

Message 19 of 20 (751 Views)
logic101

Re: Being overcharged each month. Have spoken customer service - nothing has changed

Hi Parglewoorpa,

Vodafone retail stores can't take payments for contract monthly bills in store (this is the same as o2- i know from personal experience). This is the same for all customer's and nothing to do with you requesting a PAC.

The only way to get your PAC is to speak to someone over the phone which you can call from your handset, free of charge from 191.

When you move networks, i suggest that you tell the sales person that you would like premium numbers blocked, internet, and mms etc otherwise, it's likely you'll end up in the same situation, with over charging each month.

Message 20 of 20 (733 Views)