Support:

Pay monthly services

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
NickMH

Sim Card... How Long to Activate:

I have a new SIM card on one of our business account numbers, sent out by Vodafone so it needed activating.

I called mid-afternoon and went through a procedure to have it activated and was assured it would take "a few moments"

8 hours later and still waiting!!!

How long does it take???

I am leaving for France tomorrow for 3 weeks and it's absolutely vital I have a working phone.

Any suggestions what to do?

Rgds

Nick MH

Message 1 of 9 (13,396 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
jeffkinn

Re: Sim Card... How Long to Activate:

I activated a SIM card on Sunday via the Vodafone website and it  was active in minutes. You need to call 191 again if it hasn't fired up by the morning.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 2 of 9 (13,393 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
NickMH

I have just called them.

First they said it could take 24 hours

Then they checked and found they had inadvertently put a block on the number so it wouldn't activate!

Much apology and a promise that they had lifted the block and it would be activated immediately.

an hour later... still no activation....

Another call... They tell me that the number had not been activated!!

This time they managed to do it.. Success!!

Why does this happen every time? Vodafone should be renamed "3 Network"..... it takes 3 phone calls to sort every problem....

Message 3 of 9 (13,355 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi NickMH

I'm glad your SIM has finally been activated, however it should not have taken this long, we say to allow up to 24 hours for a SIM to activate. 

If you have any other questions or would like me to look into anything for you please let me know :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 9 (13,242 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
BusBoy

I am going through a similar problem yet 191 cannot help could someone here help?

Cheers
Russ
Message 5 of 9 (13,240 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hello BusBoy,

Thanks for your post.

At this point you have three options:

• Your local store can do this for you
  • Customer services can also activate your SIM
  • Our team can also do it for you

If you'd like my team to assist I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 6 of 9 (13,144 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Seanb1991

I got a new phone on thursday and it still comming up with no service when i dont understand when as me mamgot same phone with same network and worked staright away help please
Message 7 of 9 (7,002 Views)
Rank 31: Mentor V
Getafix

[ Edited ]

I presume, with your new phone you got a New SIM card.

Have you Activated the New SIM? Whenever a phone is sent with a replacement SIM, it has to be activated when you receive it.

To check, Go to My Account and click on My Settings. Check the SIM card no matches the one in the New phone. If it does not then click on Activate my SIM. Fill in all the details requested. The SIM should be activated less than 2 hours, however they say allow upto 24 Hours.

Message 8 of 9 (6,974 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi Seanb1991, 

Pateldaku is spot on here, are you sorted now?

If not, we can take a look into this for you - I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul 

Message 9 of 9 (6,963 Views)